• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:37 PM

Phew! Finally!

Thanks again to scient for all his amazing engine work! And to SHS for continuing to host the mods.

Now I needs me a nap.

Qwinn

#2 taplonaplo

taplonaplo
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:01 PM

Congrats!
What components would you NOT recommend to someone who haven't played PS:T before (my brother:P)... i mean from all 3?

Edited by taplonaplo, 14 January 2010 - 11:45 PM.

#3 the vanished one

the vanished one
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:37 AM

Qwinn, scient, you are awesome! I really hope I'll have some time for Torment soon... this summer maybe.

#4 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:47 AM

*Cheers* !!

Thank you for another awesome release.

@Taplonaplo
As for the components, I'd say install everything (fix,tweak,UB) except the following tweak components:
-Scale of souls
-Tome o' Cheats
-Power Action Leprechaun Annah, Easter Egg Morte
-Rest Anywhere
-Identify All Items
-Use Floating Text Font Globally
-No Battle Music
And from UB don't install the "Restored Item Cheats" component.

Edited by ghostdog, 15 January 2010 - 02:49 AM.

#5 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:21 AM

Bah! Got a bug report already. It only happens if you install the Tweak Pack before UB, though. So just install UB and then the Tweak Pack, and it can be avoided. I'll be updating UB to v4.01 shortly.

Eh, screw it, I'm not gonna redo all the version numbers and stuff for just this error, only a handful of people have downloaded and hopefully most of them will do the UB-then-Tweak order like the installation guide says. I have some minor adjustments to the readmes to do as well but other than that, it'll stay v4 for now.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 15 January 2010 - 03:25 AM.

#6 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:57 AM

I just re-uploaded all 3 mods. Fixpack and Tweak Pack only had the Readmes slightly tweaked, the patch is unchanged. UB has a small patch that addresses an issue that only occurs if you install the Tweak Pack before UB. Not changing the version #'s for any of these. All still v4.0.

For the record, I do strongly recommend installing UB before the Tweak Pack regardless, not because it won't work the other way around - it should - but all my testing is with Fixpack then UB then Tweak Pack. So, obviously, some bugs can get through with a different install order. I appreciate any reports of bugs under different install orders and will fix them, but there's no possible way I can pretest for every possible installation order.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 15 January 2010 - 04:03 AM.

#7 rtr86

rtr86
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:27 AM

No problem Qwinn :)

Really looking forward to my next replay!

Massive thanks again for all your (and others) hard work!

#8 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:46 AM

Nice work, downloaded all three updates. Makes me want to start a new game with these and ghostdog's UI version 2.

#9 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:51 AM

Be sure to update the Widescreen mod too, thebigg recently updated to fix a small glitch that prevented a handful of doors from redrawing properly when you open them.

So, basically, yes, -all- the PS:T mods just got a solid update. I really enjoyed this last playthrough, everything went very smoothly, hope you'll all enjoy.

Qwinn

#10 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:19 AM

Thanks for the notice, just downloaded the Widescreen mod's latest iteration.

#11 Alboy

Alboy
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:24 AM

Thanks Qwinn for all the updates.
Just a quick question, l just checked the readmes and Unfinished Business states ver.4 at the top but at the bottom the last version says ver. 3.01. Just wanted to check it is the latest version and has been updated.

#12 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:45 AM

Ugh, thought I'd gotten all of those, but yes, UB is updated, I just forgot to add to the version history. If you look at the description of the Party Sounds and Banters (or whatever I called it) component and the Restored Bestiary component, they should have updated info for v4.0. There really weren't any other changes, though the Sounds & Banters component has a -lot- of new stuff in it.

You'll also see a version 4.0 section in the credits just above the version history.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 15 January 2010 - 05:46 AM.

#13 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:48 AM

I'm finished updating! Big thanks for the THAC0 display and QuickLoad, they complement the game nicely.

Alboy, it's updated - that's just an involuntary omission of 4.0's version history, i.e. Qwinn forgot to add it. Not a biggie. :)

#14 Alboy

Alboy
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 05:50 AM

Thanks everyone for the confirmation.

Edited by Alboy, 15 January 2010 - 05:52 AM.

#15 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 06:58 AM

I'm finished updating! Big thanks for the THAC0 display and QuickLoad, they complement the game nicely.

:)

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.

#16 -cebru-

-cebru-

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:47 AM

Thank you both for your great work!

PS:T + Fixpack + UB + Tweak Pack + Widescreen mod + Ghostdog's UI = ultimate gaming experience :)

#17 Gumby

Gumby
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 06:15 AM

Well done! Although your fixes continue from other people's work, you brought it all to an entirely new level. Congrats! I have an utmost respect for modders who take their work *seriously*.

#18 HomiSite

HomiSite
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:02 PM

Thank you very much for your and scient's) efforts!!! As usual, I did the revision of the german translation some hours too late. I will post or send you my corrections tomorrow, maybe also with checks of the audiofiles.

#19 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 16 January 2010 - 02:57 PM

YES a new release finally. No more sleeping for a weak!

#20 Erunno

Erunno
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:49 AM

I'd like to express my gratitude for the team working on all 3 patches. Great stuff and many thanks. :)