Advice sought on Mega Mod install order

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MatthewH86

MatthewH86
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:40 AM

Hello!

I've attempted to use the Big World Setup program, but couldn't find a way to customize what modules were installed for each mod or how to add mods to the list (eg. NPCDamage, various kitpacks) so I am going to attempt to do a manual installation. Could someone advise me whether this install order looks ok?

Alternatively, is it possible to add Mods to the Big World Installer list and to configure Mod options before or at installation?

Thanks in advance :)

Spoiler

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:23 AM

Adding mods is rather easy :) As an example, I added Dungeon-be-gone by editing the install.bat like this:

Original:
Spoiler

Modified:
Spoiler

The stuff to change are bolded and underlined, just pick where you wanna install the mod and stick the line between them ^_^

Here, DungeonBeGone is the name of the Setup file, Setup-DungeonBeGone.exe,
the number after %L% is the language code (usually 0-> English)
and the numbers after %SK% are the component numbers, you'll have to use the BWP's list-components.bat or the mod readme to find them out ;)

Edited by Lollorian, 12 February 2010 - 06:24 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 MatthewH86

MatthewH86
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, but this only adds it to the batch file after the mods have been selected from within the BWS Program, right?
Is there some way to add it to the GUI mod options (the one with all the checkboxes)?

Anyway, my main issue was whether the install order I specified would work ok. It's basically copied from a custom BWS installation with 4 kitpacks added in (Paladins of Faerun before Divine Remix; and Songs and Silence, Region of Terror - kits, Sword and Fist after the 2nd Rogue Rebalancing)

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

A choosable-component GUI is being worked on for a future BWP :) (each component can cause conflicts with components of some other mod ... and there are now 300+ mods, some of which contain 50+ components :crying:) But that's just for the existing mods, any new mods you want to add won't show up in the BWS :P

dabus would be the guy to answer how to get a new mod (without it's components) to show up un the current BWS!

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#5 MatthewH86

MatthewH86
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:25 AM

Update:

After literally spending the entire day (1100-0200) attempting a manual installation (and failing miserably: Imoen disappeared right after the cutscene, the game stuttered and Minsc and Jaheira wouldn't join :crying: ), I went back to the Big World Mod installer.

I had previously thought that the batch file, Big World Install.bat, was created after selecting the mods in the BWS, but have now realised that all the selection is done in the Batch and depends on the existing extracted mods. This is probably a "Well duh, yeah" moment for everyone else but a eureka moment for me. Using the above hint I've managed to get the Paladins of Faerun and DungeonBeGone into the Batch installer, with it showing whether they exist in the directory. Woop! :woot:

NOTE: The first few pages of the file are very useful for working out what %IF% IFES% %IFNTGNLS% etc. mean. Also, a decent text editor like Notepad++ is massively superior to Windows' Notepad.

NOTE: All line numbers are approximate.

Installing the pre-install and post-extract GUI updates
Spoiler

Actual adding of the mods to the installation.
Spoiler

Adding the mods to the post-install component check GUI
Spoiler

Bleh, after forgetting to do the mentioned alteration to Divine_Remix, I had an almost perfect installation (Lathander, Helm and Talos kits were missing). So I'm writing all this while it's installing for the 2nd time using this method. It has now almost been 24 hours that I've been up for. Free time is fun! :mellow:

After a little 8 hour nap it seems to work, I used TobExLoader to add scrollbars to the kitscreen so that all the classes were displayable. Victory is mine! 8)

Hope this is useful to someone. ^_^

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:38 AM

That's awesome :woot: Congratz dude!!!

And even great that you got the ToBEx to work :coolthumb: Ya might wanna report that here btw :) (what with everyone other than me having freaky stuff happen with it :P)