SOLVED: Probably me, but... BWP 8.3

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:56 AM

For some reason, using 8.3, I am having no trouble with either downloading or manually dropping mods into the setup, but when I get to EXTRACTION TEST I end up with the following mods (recommended version) listed as failed to extract.

The extraction of the following mod(s) failed:
Dark Side of the Sword Coast (DSotSC) v2.15: The Mod itself (DSotSC_v215.rar)
The Stone of Askavar (TSoA) v1.5: The Mod itself (tsoaV1_5.zip)
Expanded Thief Stronghold (GBThfKp) v2.19: The Mod itself (GBThfKp_v2.19.zip)
Adalon's Blood - Silberdrachenblut v9: The Mod itself (AdalonsBlood-v9.zip)
Fading Promises v4: The Mod itself (FadingPromises_V4.exe)
Tales of the Deep Gardens v4.0: The Mod itself (Tales_of_the_Deep_Gardens_v_4.0.zip)
Lucy the Wyvern v2: The Mod itself (Lucy-v3.exe)
The Minotaur and Lilacor (Slandor) v1.5.1: The Mod itself (slandor1.5.1.zip)
Rogue Rebalancing (RR) v4.33: The Mod itself (RR_V433.EXE)
Sword Coast Stratagems II (SCSII) v13: The Mod itself (scsII-v13.exe)
Haiass el Lobo v2.2: The Mod itself (haiass_v2_2.7z)
BG2 Tweak Pack (BG2 Tweaks) v8: The Mod itself (BG2_Tweaks-v8.exe)
Jarls BGT Tweak Pack v1.3: The Mod itself (JA_BGT_Tweak-1.3.rar)
Throne of Bhaal Refinements v3.21: The Mod itself (refinements_windows_3.21.exe)
Level 1 NPCs v1.3: The Mod itself (level1npcs-v1.3.exe)
Generalized Biffing v2: The Mod itself (the_bigg_biff.rar)

Some files were not extracted.
Do you want to open the files in your default-packager to try it yourself?
(Look at the notes in the help-text on the right side.)
Enter [y]es or [n]o.

I went through the installer and manually followed directions, and each of the mods actually had extracted successfully the first time but the script still was not happy with them. Quit installation, restarted the installer, same result (though quicker as everything was already in place).

DEBUG contradicts itself -

from the DEBUG,

Everything is Ok

Folders: 40
Files: 2153
Size: 38075134
Compressed: 34161786

E:\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup>
DSotSC_v215.rar was extracted successfully.

(Win7 64, UAC off, E:\BGII - SoA\, all archives tested and retested, each manually installs fine.)

Edited by cmorgan, 06 March 2010 - 01:32 PM.

#2 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:04 PM

I guess it's actually not 8.3 and you downloaded a about a week ago.
Please look at BiG World Setup\Docs\changelog.txt and look for the last version-entry.
Alternatively, look at the Faults-section in the Config\Setup.ini and the corresponding entry in the Mod.ini. You may see that those entries got mixed up.

The reason for that is as follows:
The BWS should update itself from 8.2 to a current 8.3, but only if you are connected to the net.
During the reorg-time for the Kerzenburg, you may also have bad luck.

The warning about failures was written after 8.2, so you don't get a warning if those updates fail.
Since the reorg is happening about 4 AM local time Berlin, I was not that eager to test if the check I had written was bullet-proofed either.
Since 8.2 updates link- and mod-information with the current chapter-number and through the mod.ini, which changed between the versions, the info is wrong.

Leomar uploaded the package at shs a few days ago that should fix this problem and I want to rewrite the link-update-stuff so it will be based on setup-names.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#3 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:31 PM

dabus, I think you are right - while I am connected to the net, I froze out connections for weidu testing (comparing one install under 213 to one run with a beta) to stop auto-updates of the installer from happening.

I am confirming that the package I am using is one of those "halfway" installers - the last entry in E:\BGII - SoA\BiG World Setup\Docs\Changelog.txt =

0.4.3 - 25.01.2008
Added options to (un)fold and (un)check all components of a mod or same tag
Uses EzSkin to look pretty

I will redownload and reinstall. (And i will send you folks an email requesting help on adapting the installer for parallell identical installs running out two different weidu's as a base - I can't figure it out, but it would help considerably if I could adapt it. The hardest part is rummaging through and setting all RANDOM_SEED to 0 and trying to manually skip randomizing components, so that a file comparison does not send up tons of false warnings - and using edited files with your cool error-checking routines means I am fighting the installer! :) )

#4 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

Well, I don't know what happened to your changelog.txt but I assure you that you have at least 8.2.0... everything below 2.0.0 was not even public. ;)
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#5 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 03:19 PM

Heh!

Hey, not exactly on topic, but a quick sidebar - I think this comes from a non-english-language mod (one I have not installed before, but installed for testing - one mod, prefix V#, has a quickly-fixable script hiccup -

VA#LICH.BCS

Missing condition invalidates a block of OR():

OR( 8 )
RandomNumGT(30,15)
!Heard([ENEMY],HELP101)
Range(LastHeardBy(Myself),0)
!See(LastAttackerOf(LastHeardBy(Myself)))
!Range(LastAttackerOf(LastHeardBy(Myself)),20)
!CheckStat(LastAttackerOf(LastHeardBy(Myself)),0,SANCTUARY)
StateCheck(LastAttackerOf(LastHeardBy(Myself)),STATE_INVISIBLE) << need one more here or the engine thinks it has a nested OR() condition <<
OR(6)
RandomNumGT(34,17)
!See(LastAttackerOf(Myself))
!Range(LastAttackerOf(Myself),10)
!CheckStat(LastAttackerOf(Myself),0,SANCTUARY)
StateCheck(LastAttackerOf(Myself),STATE_INVISIBLE)

Same error reported in files VA#LIZRD.BCS VA#SHADE.BCS VA#WISTE.BCS as well. I am out of time for tonight, or I would check through my install for notes.

Edited by cmorgan, 13 March 2010 - 09:16 AM.
darned smilies clobbering the or ( 8 )

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

They come from TOD :) 4 modified .baf's (lowering the OR() thing by 1 should work right?? :unsure:) Extract before installing :P

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 06 March 2010 - 06:46 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#7 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:38 AM

Well, I know I have installed and tested Tower of Deception before, and without this error - must be a version up thing or better QC on my part rechecking for hidden (compiles-fine-in-weidu-but-the-original-code-has-a-hiccup) things :).

Yep - just reducing the OR() check shuld allow the script to work as intended.

Redownloading the latest BiG World Installer, getting it up to Leonardo W's .bat, then cloning for testing. Thanks for taking a look and setting me straight!

Edited by cmorgan, 07 March 2010 - 08:38 AM.