Gem For Adalon

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

Hi all,

I'm on Chapter 5 now in the Underdark (after being teleported from The Asylum). But after completing the quest "Svirfneblin Village Concerns" given by Goldander, I was sure my reward was supposed to be a "light" that will let me enter the Dark Cave for this Adalon.

But instead I got this rubbish hand-grenade-rabbit-killer crap that after activating it had a short cutscene then dissapeared.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

#2 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:28 PM

That's the Holy Hand Grenade mod. It replaces Adalon's gem with an item that can kill rabbits. I don't know if it still works to enter Adalon's cave, but I think so.

Edited by Ipsissimus, 14 March 2010 - 01:29 PM.

And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice
-- "Nothing's gonna change my clothes", They Might Be Giants

#3 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

That's the Holy Hand Grenade mod. It replaces Adalon's gem with an item that can kill rabbits. I don't know if it still works to enter Adalon's cave, but I think so.

Darn, I actually used it and it's gone.

Anyone know the console command to spawn it, so I can try enter the cave?

#4 -regular guest-

-regular guest-

Posted 14 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

Darn, I actually used it and it's gone.

Anyone know the console command to spawn it, so I can try enter the cave?

No, it won't work with the grenade. Mod is just bugged and there is a downloadable fix to it somewhere, but I don't remember where. Gem should transform to grenade only after leaving underdark so just try consoling new gem (MISC9R) until it doesn't transform anymore (or find the fix to that bug).

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:03 AM

Ok, I tried to look over the .baf's in this one and it looks like this block is to blame :) (in hf_hhg\snip\sBALDUR.baf)
IF
    PartyHasItem("MISC9R")
    GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",5)
    Global("hf_GemsForGrenades","Global",0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("hf_GemsForGrenades","Global",0)
    TakePartyItemAll("MISC9R")
    ActionOverride(Player1,GiveItemCreate("hf_HHG2",Player1,1,0,0))
    DisplayStringHead(Player1,~<some line of dialogue>~)
END
So, that hf_GemsForGrenades GLOBAL never gets set to anything other than 0 (so if you have the gem and if if you've finished the Underdark, the gem keeps getting converted to the grenade ... continuously :o)

So this easy fix, change the SetGlobal line to:
SetGlobal("hf_GemsForGrenades","Global",1)
and we have the attached file :P (extract before installing ... NOT a hotfix :))

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 16 March 2010 - 10:30 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#6 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

Ok, I tried to look over the .baf's in this one and it looks like this block is to blame :) (in hf_hhg\snip\sBALDUR.baf)

IF
    PartyHasItem("MISC9R")
    GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",5)
    Global("hf_GemsForGrenades","Global",0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("hf_GemsForGrenades","Global",0)
    TakePartyItemAll("MISC9R")
    ActionOverride(Player1,GiveItemCreate("hf_HHG2",Player1,1,0,0))
    DisplayStringHead(Player1,~<some line of dialogue>~)
END
So, that hf_GemsForGrenades GLOBAL never gets set to anything other than 0 (so if you have the gem and if if you've finished the Underdark, the gem keeps getting converted to the grenade ... continuously :o)

So this easy fix, change the SetGlobal line to:
SetGlobal("hf_GemsForGrenades","Global",1)
and we have the attached file :P (extract before installing ... NOT a hotfix :))

Thanks for this.

But how would I install this?

Copy/paste somewhere?

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

Unfortunately, that's an install-time fix :P

If you have good edit-fu, open your BALDUR.BCS in an editor like NI or DLTCEP or something and search for the block I quoted :) Then edit the setglobal value to 1 and save. Next time you CLUA the gem, it should only turn into the grenade once :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#8 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:55 AM

Unfortunately, that's an install-time fix :P

If you have good edit-fu, open your BALDUR.BCS in an editor like NI or DLTCEP or something and search for the block I quoted :) Then edit the setglobal value to 1 and save. Next time you CLUA the gem, it should only turn into the grenade once :)

Ok, does anyone have the AR code for Adalon's Cave?

I think this is my only choice in trying to progress the main quest line :(

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:20 AM

CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR2102")
:)

#10 Arjento

Arjento
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:47 AM

CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR2102")
:)

Thanks!

Worked a charm.