Photo

BiG World Setup Beta-Testing

• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

#41 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

You seem to play a lot with save and reload.
That's good since you find those things that I have not thought of. ;)

On the other hand, I'm only testing the same install over and over, so we may be missing issues with particular mods... Maybe you should start luring beta-testers in here with promises of :cookie:

Was or did the UB-stuff install/listed in the weidu.log you mentioned?
If it says that it's skipped, it should be installed already.
Else we've got a bug.

Hmmm.... no, they don't seem to appear in weidu.log, only in the Upload Debug file. Would that be a bug ? I've attached both files to this post for you to look at.

EDIT : it would be a good idea to include a mop-up utility in the GUI, something similar as what is done by BiG World Clean-Up.bat.

Attached Files

Edited by Tonton Fred, 03 April 2010 - 04:33 AM.

#42 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:01 AM

Just did a mini megainstall (without BGT) with BWSbeta (bws_9-20100402) : the install was very fast ( I downloaded the mod manually )and without a problem ( is it really a beta ? :Bow: )
The language selection is awesome : most of the mod get installed automatically in the chosen language :wub: ( in my case French )
Being able to totally customize the component selection is great, and in this case the "Dependencies and conflicts" warning is very useful.

There are just some minor problems:
- When "importing a selection from file" a component of the mod "a mod for the orderly" is always selected (strange but without consequence)
- The French description for SCSII (and some other mod) is a little messed up
- The tweak pack component 2300 (Triple-Class HLA Tables) is installed to late, and overwrite the modification of rogue rebalancing if playing with a Triple-Class character My bad

And minor suggestion:
- You could reintroduce “Dungeon-Be-Gone” in the mod selection now that the install is fully customizable

Edited by Ikki, 16 April 2010 - 02:57 AM.

#43 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:21 AM

- The tweak pack component 2300 (Triple-Class HLA Tables) is installed to late, and overwrite the modification of rogue rebalancing if playing with a Triple-Class character

Did you experience this first-hand? It should have been fixed with the release of BG2 Tweaks v8.

#44 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 02:57 AM

Did you experience this first-hand? It should have been fixed with the release of BG2 Tweaks v8.

Just try with the Tweakpack, and your right Mike, it patch correctly, so it was something else ( I probably overwrite it myself ).
(an unused lufmt.2da is still in the \BG2_Tweaks\2da but is not copied in the override)

(edit typo)

Edited by Ikki, 16 April 2010 - 02:59 AM.

#45 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:21 AM

Uhm, I think that tweak was removed in the last BWP release and will be in the next beta.
I guess I won't introduce mods that are not part of the BWP.
And I am eager to give that configuration-stuff to Leomar since I don't want to claim all that internal knowledge that you seem to need.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#46 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

Just wanted you to know the beta-branch is still alive. ;)

Leomar is starting to have a few looks in the beta and converted the BWS to the BWP v9.1.
I had a day off and coded a few things.

If you are interested, grab it from here.

Note: You can force the BWS to start from various points. Look at the Config\Setup.ini for some sample for the [Order]-section.

Edited by dabus, 02 May 2010 - 02:46 PM.

#47 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 01:05 AM

Just wanted you to know the beta-branch is still alive. ;)

Yay !

Some remarks :

Imoen Romance and Imoen Friendship are both called [Imoen] in mod.ini. This results in Friendship being selectable twice in the GUI and Romance not being there.

SCSII component 6095's description is a duplicate of 6090.

BG2 Tweakpack is missing component 2140 in select.txt

SCSII : Smarter priests components 6181 & 6182 are both selected by default when they should be mutually exclusive.

For some reason, BiG World v9.1 english.pdf failed to download, I had to point to the file manually.

Woops, setup crashes as soon as it enters installation phase...

From BWS_Trace.txt :
09: 62 - 				ProcessClose($Setup[$s])
09: 63 - 				While 1
09: 69 - 				WEnd
09: 70 - 			EndIf
09: 60 - 		For $s=1 to $Setup[0]
09: 61 - 			If StringRegExp($Setup[$s], '(?i)-{0,1}(setup)-{0,1}.*exe\z|WeiDU.exe') Then
09: 62 - 				ProcessClose($Setup[$s])
09: 63 - 				While 1
09: 69 - 				WEnd
09: 70 - 			EndIf
09: 71 - 		Next
09: 72 - 		If Not StringInStr(FileRead($g_BG2Dir&'\Weidu.log'), 'weidu.tp2') Then FileWriteLine($g_BG2Dir&'\Weidu.log', '~WeiDU.TP2~ #0 #0 // '&IniRead($g_MODIni, 'WeiDU', 'Name', 'WeiDU v2.15'))
09: 77 - 	EndIf
00: 79 - Func Au3Exit($p_Num = 0)
00: 186 - Func _PrintDebug($p_String, $p_Show = 0)
+99 Calling Au3Exit00: 187
00: 188 - 	If $p_Show = 1 Then MsgBox(64, $g_ProgName, $p_String)
00: 80 - 	_PrintDebug('+' & @ScriptLineNumber & ' Calling Au3Exit')
00: 81 - 	DllClose($g_UDll); close the dll for detecting "space"-keypresses
00: 82 - 	If $g_STDStream <> '' Then; close the backend-cmd-instance
00: 83 - 		StdinWrite($g_STDStream, 'exit' & @CRLF)
00: 84 - 		StdinWrite($g_STDStream, @CRLF)
00: 85 - 	EndIf

Trying to restore the backup failed :

CDCreAni does not exist.
DeSound does not exist.

The backup could not be restored.

Edited by Tonton Fred, 03 May 2010 - 01:11 AM.

#48 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:58 AM

Upsi. :doh:
There is a small leftover from my testing. Please delete the line 78 (Exit) from Includes\09_Install.au3.
Then start again.

The restore-check failed since you don't have the data\cdcreani.bif nor data\DESound.bif.
The check just searches for these files since Leonardo uses them among others to restore the backup in his batch. I used the filenames he provided and thought that these files should exist.
There were no copies made of this file during backup.

I'm not familiar with these files... Maybe you don't need these? :blink:
Maybe I should change it to be a warning?

The translations are usually grabbed from the weidu --list-components %TP2% %NUM%-output, which results in this:

~SCSII\SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6080 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v13
~SCSII\SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6081 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials cast spells like normal wizards: v13
~SCSII\SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6090 // Give dragons more staying power by increasing their hit points: v13
~SCSII\SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6095 // Give dragons more staying power by increasing their hit points: v13
~SCSII\SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have fast, uninterruptable innate magic: v13

Thus, it's not our fault. ;)

I'll see if I can create a check for those mulitple-choice and subcomponent... erm, sometime. :D

Imoen is conceptually and currently technically not compartible.
Since the rom is older, I think the friendships setup will be renamed (and maybe we'll add a conflict).

2140 was removed since it seemd to cause some problems.

Edited by dabus, 03 May 2010 - 03:26 AM.

#49 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 03:54 AM

delete the line 78 (Exit) from Includes\09_Install.au3.

Much better now ;)

I'm not familiar with these files...

Neither am I, and I can confirm they are not in the data folder from my clean BG2 install. Maybe they are only installed in some configurations, like a German install (DeSound.bif) ?

Edited by Tonton Fred, 03 May 2010 - 05:09 AM.

#50 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:10 AM

I encountered the same problems as Fennek posted here and http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=19632, that is 3 components from SCS fail to install (6110, 6130, 6140). Fennek says he solved it by not using the beta BWS, as "Mod-Dependencies are not yet in there, so components get installed before they should be installed". Maybe it's something that should be looked at ?

Ooops, sorry about the double post, clicked the wrong button...

Edited by Tonton Fred, 03 May 2010 - 05:10 AM.

#51 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:01 AM

Sorry, I can't recall the solution.

Edit: Just created a test installation, ditched the big mods and installed until BGT was done. Then installed SCS as the next step from 6110 onwards. I got 10 (Drasus), 30, 40, 50, 60m 70, 80 and then paused the installation.
So this does not seem to be the problem.

I'll copy the backup I made and continue from BGT on and see what happens...

Edited by dabus, 03 May 2010 - 10:14 AM.

#52 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:04 AM

This had something to do with the dependencies (it's not possible to reproduce these problems with the normal BWS/BWP) and this is, I guess, solved with the new release.

(((Here's one of the problems linked with the dependencies-problems in the old tactics-installation of the BWS beta:
http://forums.pocket....html#msg324225 And there were more, as the mentioned)))

@Tonton Fred: How old is your problem? One day ore two months?
Depending on that more dependencies will have to be added (what will need some timne...).

Edited by Fennek, 03 May 2010 - 11:44 AM.

#53 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:14 PM

@Tonton Fred: How old is your problem? One day ore two months?

Well both : it happened yesterday with the last version, but also in March when the beta first came out. So as far as I can see, it's a bug that has always been there in the beta BWS, but apparently only appears with a certain combination of mods (since dabus could not reproduce the problem). I attached the log files from the BWS and the Weidu log if that can help.

Another thing : the GUI selection seems broken again : I choose Elminster/staff in the BWS, but end up with the vanilla GUI after install.

Finally : the user selection is not retained during setup. I frequently reload my selection to test out various things, and I found out that User.ini is often modified : the IAContent entries get deleted, mods or components which have failed to install are removed, all silently. That means when I "reload selection" the next time, some mods I had selected might be missing without warning. Maybe saving and reloading selection should write to and read from a different file than User.ini in order to keep this selection intact ?

Attached Files

#54 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:16 AM

SCS:
I had the same error yesterday. I fetched all dependencies and conflicts from the batch so Leomar and me can look after them. If you want to help out or look for yourself, click here.

GUI:
Is that part of a mod? Might just be another dependency.

Save:
Yes, the current section is modified. Entries that are not installed (downloaded only like the PDF-files or extracted only like the Beregost Crash Fixer) are removed from the current section. Components that could not be installed are also moved to [RemovedFromCurrent]-section to be displayed at the end of the installation for notification/verification-purposes.

I guess it might be a little bit irritating, so maybe I should just work with a copy.

#55 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:40 AM

If you want to help out or look for yourself, click here.

Well, I don't see anything related to those three components... From my log, the errors seem to be missing .CRE files and an unknown macro :

ERROR: cannot convert magespelltype or %magespelltype% to an integer
ERROR: [kysus.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
ERROR: Not_found
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Improved Drasus party

ERROR: cannot convert magespelltype or %magespelltype% to an integer
ERROR: [shaldr.cre] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
ERROR: Not_found
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Improved Undercity party

ERROR: Failure("Unknown Macro: mage_script_list")
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Improved minor encounters

Maybe something is different in the install order from the BAT ? Or maybe there is a syntax problem, like what happened with Thrown Hammers (all components had to be installed from the same command line). I'm just guessing, I'm way out of my depth here. :whistling:

GUI:
Is that part of a mod? Might just be another dependency.

Sorry, I meant the BGT GUI. I already told you about it earlier, and last time I checked it worked, so I thought it was fixed. The problem is that depending on which mods you install, the choicelist changes, so that makes it tricky to assign the correct value...

#56 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:57 AM

SCS:
The order is the same. It just may be that there are conflicts in the batch that are not carried over into the BWS, so different components get installed when others should have been (later).

GUI:
I meant if the Elminster-component is provided by another mod. ;)
Can you start the setup and see if it is currently possible to install it?

Edited by dabus, 04 May 2010 - 02:01 AM.

#57 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:23 AM

I meant if the Elminster-GUI is provided by another mods component. ;)

Ah ! No, the full choicelist is :

1] „Original SoA/ToB
2] „Neverending Journey“
3] „The Darkest Day“
4] „Shadows Over Soubar“
5] „Check The Bodies“
6] „Tortured Souls“
7] „Region of Terror“
8] „Baldur‘s Gate Trilogy“ (Elminster wielding sword)
9] „Baldur‘s Gate Trilogy“ (Elminster wielding staff)
10] „Big Picture“

In my case, I did not install any of the add-on mods, so I get :

1] „Original SoA/ToB
2] „Baldur‘s Gate Trilogy“ (Elminster wielding sword)
3] „Baldur‘s Gate Trilogy“ (Elminster wielding staff)
4] „Baldur‘s Gate Trilogy“ (Elminster wielding sword)
5] „Baldur‘s Gate Trilogy“ (Elminster wielding staff)

Or something like this (I do not have access to my computer now), so there is something funny going on anyway...
EDIT : scratch that, the entries are no longer duplicate.

If you try to install manually over BGT with no add-ons, you will see what happens. So, to answer your question, the Elminster GUIs are included in BGT, so they should be displayed no matter what other mods you install.

EDIT : Yes, I could install the GUI after the setup finished, and it worked. Note that the original entry in the debug for the GUI is :

##### BGT Graphical User Interface (GUI) v1.08 #####
### 0009: Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding staff) ###
Setup-GUI.exe --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --force-install-list 9 --logapp
[Setup-GUI.exe] WeiDU version 21600
[Setup-GUI.exe] Using scripting style "BG2"
Using Language [English]

So it chose to install component listed as number 9, which was indeed my selection in the GUI, but as I did not have other megamods installed, the numbers had changed. It was thus not installed (but did not throw any errors) and was not included in weidu.log.

When I ran the setup manually, the following line was added to weidu.log :

~SETUP-GUI.TP2~ #0 #2 // Game Graphical User Interface (GUI) -> "Baldur's Gate Trilogy" (Elminster wielding staff)

So it seems the exact command to issue to weidu would depend on which mods are installed.

Edited by Tonton Fred, 04 May 2010 - 03:45 AM.

#58 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:57 PM

So it seems the exact command to issue to weidu would depend on which mods are installed.

In addition, it seems there are some components which get skipped, apparently because they are "already installed" ? :huh:

(BG2 Fixpack v9.01) 
### 0100: Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria ###
The component is already installed. The installation will be skipped.

(Unfinished Business (UB for BG2) v18)

### 0000: The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette ###
### 0002: Kalah and What He Was Promised ###
### 0008: Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair ###
### 0009: Corrected "Xzar's Creations" ###
### 0010: Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0 ###
### 0011: Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher ###
### 0012: Item Restorations ###
### 0015: NPC Portrait Restorations ###
### 0016: Corrected BAMs and Scripts ###
### 0017: Corrected Character Names and Biographies ###
### 0018: Restored Minor Dialogs ###
### 0019: Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider ###
### 0021: Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations ###
### 0024: Sarevok's Remorse ###

I don't know if this issue is specific to the beta BWS, but in any case, it's seems doubtful all these components would be redundant with others in the BWP.

#59 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:14 AM

In addition, it seems there are some components which get skipped, apparently because they are "already installed" ? :huh:

(BG2 Fixpack v9.01) 
### 0100: Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria ###

Looks like you don't have a fresh BG2 installation anymore. :blink:
Dabus and I work on a next Beta release, at the moment. Meanwhile you could manually do a clean reinstall and start a new testrun with the upcoming version.
By the way, thanks for your help. :cheers:

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#60 Tonton Fred

Tonton Fred
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:39 AM

Looks like you don't have a fresh BG2 installation anymore. :blink:

That may be the case, but I always do a "restore" from the BWP before installing, so maybe there is a problem with the backup/restore part of the GUI ? I'll do a manual restore from the clean install I backed up and check that once the next version of the beta is out.

By the way, thanks for your help. :cheers:

You're more than welcome, the BWP team's work deserves a lot more praise than the testers :cheers: