Photo

BiG World Setup Beta-Testing

• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

#921 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

Another note on the jittering. It has been happening since the beginning of the game. Also, i think the container items i have found are third party add-in items. So, i tried dropping them and CLUA'd in regular "bag0x" items. These had the same cumulative jitter/pausy thing, and it affects all movement including the cursor movement and moving around the area map. It's like the whole program is freezing and unfreezing over and over. Which would explain the wonky audio as well. It's frustrating but i am not far in. So, i will keep this game in play if anyone is interested in more specifics. I appreciate all the work that goes into this. Please let me know if any further info is needed. Thanks!

That sound like you have a gigantic lag problem, here's the normal fixed for it...

When i drop the containers the jittering stops. It does not matter which chracter holds them. and i am playing multiplayer with all of my own characters.

Are you trying to play with a friend, or ... go and exiting out the game and move the "mpsave" -folder's content to the "save" -folder and play the game in the single player move using the save you just moved...

And hopefully you are not using the old BWS in the first post, but the latest BWS in here.

Edited by The Imp, 19 November 2013 - 01:59 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#922 Vax

Vax
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Another note on the jittering. It has been happening since the beginning of the game. Also, i think the container items i have found are third party add-in items. So, i tried dropping them and CLUA'd in regular "bag0x" items. These had the same cumulative jitter/pausy thing, and it affects all movement including the cursor movement and moving around the area map. It's like the whole program is freezing and unfreezing over and over. Which would explain the wonky audio as well. It's frustrating but i am not far in. So, i will keep this game in play if anyone is interested in more specifics. I appreciate all the work that goes into this. Please let me know if any further info is needed. Thanks!

That sound like you have a gigantic lag problem, here's the normal fixed for it...

When i drop the containers the jittering stops. It does not matter which chracter holds them. and i am playing multiplayer with all of my own characters.

Are you trying to play with a friend, or ... go and exiting out the game and move the "mpsave" -folder's content to the "save" -folder and play the game in the single player move using the save you just moved...

And hopefully you are not using the old BWS in the first post, but the latest BWS in here.

So, i uninstalled the game and deleted the folder. Then i started from scratch with the new BWS. I started a new game in single player mode, but i have the same problem, as soon as i got the gem bag at the Friendly arms the game starts doing the same pausy thing.

#923 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:16 AM

the gem bag

Here. Try not getting this.

#924 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

the gem bag

Here. Try not getting this.

I would also advice to find out if it's the particular gem bag or all of them... using the Console. Also know that there's a mod just for the chance that you wish not to have bags in your groups inventory, but still wish to use them, the mule mod.

PS: And try all the 25 things here. The above being one.

Edited by The Imp, 25 November 2013 - 08:26 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#925 -RB178-

-RB178-

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:04 AM

Looks like you're doing some great work. I would suggest making an inventory of already installed mods and using the default program files install folder. Any chance BG2EE will be supported anytime soon?

Cheers!

#926 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:45 AM

I would suggest making an inventory of already installed mods and using the default program files install folder.

NO ! No, no. The reason being that the normal BG2 is not fully fledged-ly compatible with any of the todays operation systems and will thus causes even the latest official patches to not to work correctly. The reason for this is that we live in 2013, and the game was programmed in 1990's end, when the UAC was not even a known concept.

The BGEE's are different as the programming base takes some of the resource allocation into account(very minimalistic), but I still would never install the "to be modified" game into cheese protected folder for any reason ever. The reason is that the mod installation program is not compatible(as in Certified for Windows UAC etc) and will never be that.

PS, the current program works well as is, so you can go ... with this kind of suggestions.

Edited by The Imp, 04 December 2013 - 07:44 AM.

#927 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:46 AM

Hello all, I installed tactics version from the latest BWS(20131203) so still some mods are missing. This is not the main problem. The main problem occurs in Northern Citadel(NToSC). Everything was ok until i received an information that the captain guard is responsible for missing people. After that i cant enter the room where is Avery. Probably it could be caused by that helm priest told me that avery could provide informations about the locked altar. So from now i wanna to enter that room where Avery is, program stops working. No error message or some info, nothing. What to do now, or how to fix it? Thank you.

#928 seba4285

seba4285
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 11:44 PM

Hello!

Any have Sorcerer’s Place Item Collection v1.1 ???

Thanks!

#929 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:40 AM

If some mods weren't installed, how do I check the why?

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.