BiG World Setup Beta-Testing

• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

#881 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hi Dabus, I've got a doubt.

If I write a - in the line where there should be the folder of my bg 1 install (because I don't have BG1 )

and I choose the "recommended" version to be installed, will it automatically cleanse the compilation from the BG1 mods?

2) Also, I wonder. Is there a way to export the selection I've made inside BWS if I still didn't install it? I exported the file, but it is* kinda unlikely anyone is able to read this:

Save]
BWFixpack=0
BWInstallpack=0
BWPDF=0
BWTextpack=0
BWTrimpack=0
generalized_biffing=0 0?1_1
WeiDU=0
bg2fixpack=0 1000 100 101 102 104 106 109 110 111 112 113 114
crefixer=0
Innate_Fix=0
res_fixer=0
tobex=100 101 102 103 105 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 120 121 122 123 124
Turambar_fixes_tweaks=12 1060 2051 2000 2007 2010 2020 2023 2050 2052
Assassinations=0
d0questpack=7 8 9 14 15 16 17 18 21
DC=0
GBThfKp=0
TOD=0
UB=0 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 15 16 17 18 19 21
wheels=0
Angelo=0

[...]

And I would like to have some suggestions about my compilation...

Edited by Sergio, 28 December 2012 - 12:23 AM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#882 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

I exported the file, but it kinda unlikely anyone is able to read this:

Hi hi hih... Well, I can tell you that that compilation doesn't have any BG1 mods, and it has various things... You might want to add in the Widescreen mod for example... yes, I can interpret that, and you can too if you if you can associate the shorter names to mods and then look them up in the BWP PDF file, you know exactly what components are to be installed. Funny thing, the .bat file kinda would almost look the same.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#883 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

I exported the file, but it kinda unlikely anyone is able to read this:

Hi hi hih... Well, I can tell you that that compilation doesn't have any BG1 mods, and it has various things... You might want to add in the Widescreen mod for example... yes, I can interpret that, and you can too if you if you can associate the shorter names to mods and then look them up in the BWP PDF file, you know exactly what components are to be installed. Funny thing, the .bat file kinda would almost look the same.

Interesting. I'm still tweaking my mod configuration. As soon as I'm done I will post it on the BWP forum. Thanks for the insight :)

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#884 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Hi Dabus,

there are two new mods worth being added to the Big World Setup

Sarevok Friendship

Ninde Tob

together with Atweaks.

wonder what should I tweak to add them? :P

#885 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Read docs\Faq.htm. You should get the information you need there.
Or (easier) pause at some point during the installation of NPCs and install the mods then.
(At least I guess that's where it should be installed.)

Edited by dabus, 04 January 2013 - 05:20 PM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#886 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

Read docs\Faq.htm. You should get the information you need there.
Or (easier) pause at some point during the installation of NPCs and install the mods then.
(At least I guess that's where it should be installed.)

Thanks Dabus . I know how to do it, but I'm a lazy bastard :P

You didn't fall in my trap :(

Anyway, happy new year! D:

#887 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Hi!

I just started new BWS install after 2 years, and I must say this setup grew great. Well done Dabus!

Everything works like it should be and I really enjoy selecting mods and installing.

EDIT: Tested some more and found out that new version of BGTNEJ2 breaks old one. So my mistake, sorry. I'm a bit rusty. :-)

And those Chinese mods that Test Person searched for, are on this page: http://trow.cc/forum/index.php?act=idx

I had to register to download them. Nameless Melody Inn is now version 2.1

To register you have to go on this page: http://trow.cc/forum...act=Reg&CODE=00

It is in English now. After registration and login, files for mods are on these links:

Nameless Melody Inn 2.1 (it is called Traveler now)

http://trow.cc/forum...ads&showfile=43

Umbra of TROW - Arena

http://trow.cc/forum...ds&showfile=303

NMR Happy Patch

was in this thread: http://trow.cc/forum...showtopic=15430

but download link don't work and I can't find it anywhere else, but it seams that Leonardo has translated version.

Edited by Mad Mate, 15 January 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#888 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

Hi Dabus, I want to play Ninde Tob.

I wonder and how I can manage to make BWS download the new version
(the Tob part seems to be integrated into the Soa part).

should I just put the archive when asked in the download folder, to avoid all the problems?

Thank you

Edited by Sergio, 15 January 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#889 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

After you do the next link-update, the url should be replaced by the new one and v2 should be fetched.
The component-description might still be wrong, but as you said, it would still install the same component number with new content.

#890 -Walter-

-Walter-

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

• Guest- sorry I posted this earlier in the incorrect forum

Posted Today, 07:22 AM

Hello, I have tried the newest bws setup for tactics 4 times again today and keep getting an AutoIt error during extraction stating

Line 238

Games/BGII/BigWorldSetup/includes/07/_extractau3

$Text=FileRead($TP2)

$Text=FileRead(^error

variable used without being declared

I was able to install bwp via bws last month and it was fantastic.  I tried to reinstall Yvette yesterday because she wasn't spawning and for some reason it killed the entire bwp...so I'm going through the whole process again but running into this autoIt error that never happened last time. 

Ive searched the site but cannot find any answers. Please offer any suggestions if you can, I would very greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much.

#891 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

You could use this block:

If FileExists($g_BG2Dir&'\dsotsc\setup-dsotsc.tp2') Then
		$Text=FileRead($g_BG2Dir&'\dsotsc\setup-dsotsc.tp2')
		If StringInStr($Text, Chr(0)) Then
			$Handle = FileOpen($g_BG2Dir&'\dsotsc\setup-dsotsc.tp2', 2) ; Open for reading binary
			FileWrite($Handle, StringReplace($Text, Chr(0), ''))
			FileClose($Handle)
		EndIf
	EndIf

... to replace this block:

If FileExists($g_BG2Dir&'\dsotsc\setup-dsotsc.tp2') Then
		$Text=FileRead($TP2)
		If StringInStr($Text, Chr(0)) Then
			$Handle = FileOpen($TP2, 2) ; Open for reading binary
			FileWrite($Handle, StringReplace($Text, Chr(0), ''))
			FileClose($Handle)
		EndIf
	EndIf

Or reload the setup, unpack it somewhere else and copy the BiG World Setup\Includes\07_Extract.au3 to replace the existing one.
As you can see, it would fix the problem with BWS and the DSotSC if I just didn't do something stupid (like replacing $TP2 and leave the variable in use later... :doh:

Edited by dabus, 17 January 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#892 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

After you do the next link-update, the url should be replaced by the new one and v2 should be fetched.
The component-description might still be wrong, but as you said, it would still install the same component number with new content.

Thank you. Always helpful. :)

#893 Walter

Walter
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Mr. Dabus- thank you for the assistance.  I'm finally fully installed BWS tactical however Imoen doesn't appear after Irenicus leaves so the game never starts.  I've researched and found the NEWGAME.bcs file, dropped it in my override, however she still does not show up.  I can't find any other ideas.  If you or anyone knows, I would really appreciate any thoughts, thanks as always for this amazing product.

#894 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

Mr. Dabus- thank you for the assistance.  I'm finally fully installed BWS tactical however Imoen doesn't appear after Irenicus leaves so the game never starts.  I've researched and found the NEWGAME.bcs file, dropped it in my override, however she still does not show up.  I can't find any other ideas.  If you or anyone knows, I would really appreciate any thoughts, thanks as always for this amazing product.

Did you install the bugged BGTNEJ v1.1's Imoen component ? Its corrupted, the current v1.2 should be fine, I just have no idea why the BWS still holds to the old one... perhaps Dabus just didn't ever see this.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 20 January 2013 - 04:16 AM.

#895 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

You linked to the BGT NeJ2 Compatibility Modification 1.2 (Setup-BGTNeJ2) - which is included in the BWS. That's not BGT NEJ2 1.1 (Setup-BGTNeJ.exe)
At least that's what Leomar told me back then.

#896 Walter

Walter
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

Jarno- thanks for the assist but no dice. I downloaded your link, installed but she still won't show up.  Maybe she's just shy...

Any other thoughts?  Maybe i should just do a reinstall. Thanks again.

#897 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

You linked to the BGT NeJ2 Compatibility Modification 1.2 (Setup-BGTNeJ2) - which is included in the BWS. That's not BGT NEJ2 1.1 (Setup-BGTNeJ.exe)
At least that's what Leomar told me back then.
And the difference is ? Ahh, the "DO NOT INSTALL THIS MOD" -hahahah.

#898 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

Eh?

First is the compatibility for BGT.
BGTNeJ2
@0=BGT-NeJ2 Compatibility Patch
@1=Custom Portraits For Imoen and Jaheira
@2=Boo - Minsc's Familiar Fixes
@3=Custom Firewalker Kit and continuity for Shar-Teel
@4=Merchant League Store

Second is an extract of the "optional" components.
BGTNeJ
@0=Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
@1=New Imoen Portrait
@2=Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.
@3=New Jaheira Portrait
@4=Boo - Familiar of Minsc (This component is not available in BG1!)
@5=Various Enhancements for BG1 (BGT required!)
@6=Merchant League Bank (BGT required!)
@7=More Items from BG1 (BGT required!)
@8=Tougher Black Talone Elites (BGT required!)

Edited by dabus, 20 January 2013 - 08:52 AM.

#899 Notso

Notso
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:37 AM

Okay, this quite weird and I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to modding so bear with me if I'm being an idiot:

I installed the straight "Tactic" version of the BWS, and during the install process, quite near to the beginning, I noticed I was having to skip a few mods that were missing different dependencies from Sword Coast Stratagems II. Now I am about 70% through the install, and it says it's installing SCS II! Has something messed up the installation order?

Notso - I miss BF3

UWeAN.png

#900 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

Usually not since it goes as BWP and that's used quite a bit, but it also depends what message that would be.
Could also be some other mod wasn't installed and by dependency you got another mod involved which is needed by scsII and - bang! - you got some messages about SCSII.