Photo

BiG World Setup Beta-Testing

• Please log in to reply
928 replies to this topic

#841 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:54 AM

Can't confirm that. What version did you use? The current 20120907?
If you did, your BiG World Setup\Conig\Mod.ini would look like that:

[Skie]
Name=Skie BG2 NPC Redone
Rev=2.0
Type=E
Link=http://www.shsforums.net/topic/55036-skie-bg2-npc/
Down=http://www.shsforums.net/files/download/1005-skie-npc/
Save=Skie_ReDone_v2.zip
Size=4361946
Tra=PO:0,EN:1
Wiki=Skie_NPC

What did you select from startup to the selection screen?
Did you search for redone in the upper right corner of the selection screen?

[N] does not mean "do not install" but that it's a new component/mod that was not present before. It happens when you do a reload of a previous selection (like total happiness and other non-BWP-selections). Thus those selections are updated before a release.

Names of installers and names as in "titles" are not the same. They also may change if someone edits the Kerzenburgs link-list and adjusts the name.
Also the name seems ok.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#842 dubh

dubh
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

I tried installing the Recommended package. Testing the links produced these results:

Ajantis BG1 Expansion
http://www.rosenrank...ion=mods;dl=223
Fetching update-site to try auto-updating the links...
Archive is missing.

Adalon's Blood - Silberdrachenblut
http://www.rosenrank...ion=mods;dl=216
Archive is missing.

Ajantis NPC for SoA (Beta)
http://www.rosenrank...ion=mods;dl=208
Archive is missing.

Item Revisions
http://www.mediafire...3icn60z5062wexe
Loading from the website requires manual interaction.

BGT NPC Portraits
http://www.rosenrank...ion=mods;dl=224
Archive is missing.

-Summary-
These selected downloads are defect:

Ajantis BG1 Expansion
Ajantis NPC for SoA (Beta)
BGT NPC Portraits
Finished.

The setup errors out during installation as a result of the lack of one or more of these files.

Rosenranken.org doesn't appear to be operational anymore. Shouldn't these links be removed from the packages then?

#843 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Just a random idea about hosting. Isn't it more reliable to use a free hosting such as dropbox instead of mediafire and such? Dropbox's servers have never been down on my memory, you have plenty of space even with free account and it's really easy to manage your files(just copy them in and out of your shared folder).

#844 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:45 AM

Just a random idea about hosting. Isn't it more reliable to use a free hosting such as dropbox instead of mediafire and such? Dropbox's servers have never been down on my memory, you have plenty of space even with free account and it's really easy to manage your files(just copy them in and out of your shared folder).

Well, that depends... as it's more of a question who uploads the files. "dropbox" WHAT ? Never heard of the thing. :P :D

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#845 -Tim-

-Tim-

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

All Rosenranken Mods are at the moment down. We managed to find them on our PCs and uploaded them to a temporary space and updated the BWS with the temporary links. When you now start an BWS linkupdate you will get them properly.

Mediafire is not down... but the homepage has no way to get the files directly with a wget string. You have to click plenty of things on this page.. so manual download is necessary there... sorry. If the owner of the mod can be convinced to host the mod somewhere else.. please go ahead and tell us the link :)

#846 -no-

-no-

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:04 AM

Finally tried this out last night - worked well. I had trouble at first, because Windows 7 kept asking for permissions, and then the patching process would hang entirely, but I disabled that nonsense. Avast then began throwing up objections, so I killed that as well. Smooth sailing from there, went with the "Recommended" package with a few additional additions and tweaks (and removed Tales of Anegh, which is BARELY in English).

#847 -Halakiewicz-

-Halakiewicz-

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hello guys, sorry if i post in wrong place,i just got small problem with BIG setup "tactical version"

This concerns missin' files, which installer cannot download from original websites.

-Summary-
These selected mods are missing:

BiG World Project (Translations and sounds)
BiG World Installpack
BiG World Trimpack
BiG World Fixpack
WeiDU (Tool)
Throne of Bhaal Extender
BG2 Fixpack
Item Revisions
Candlekeep Chores
Check the Bodies - Fast Forward
Baldur's Gate Trilogy
Restored Textscreen Music
Restored Textscreen Music (Translations and sounds)
Dark Horizons
Dark Side of the Sword Coast
BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters
The Stone of Askavar
Mur'Neth NPC
Ajantis BG1 Expansion
Gavin NPC
BGSpawn
Tales of Anegh
Every Mod and Dog
Tales of the Deep Gardens
Innershade
Eilistraee's Song
CoM Encounters
Improved Asylum
BuTcHeRy
Alex Macintosh
Herbs and Potions Addin for BG2
A Mod for the Orderly (CliffKey)
Food and Herbal
Volcanic Armoury
Darron
Mersetek le Joaillier
LavaIt!
Sir Renal
IWD Items Pack
Tsujatha NPC
Beyond the Law
Ajantis NPC for SoA
Kivan and Deheriana Companions
Fade NPC (SoA)
Kindrek NPC
Silver Star NPC
Yasraena NPC
Alora NPC
Auren Aseph NPC
Sarah NPC
Angelo NPC
Vampire Tales
Nikitalleria NPC
Touchstone NPC (Touch-The-Moon)
Haldamir NPC
Saerileth NPC
Tyris Flare NPC
Varshoon an Illithid NPC
Gavin NPC for BG2
Darian
Nephele
Anishai One-Day NPC
Cassius One-Day NPC
Wikaede One-Day NPC
Willie Bruce NPC
Moddie the Vixen NPC
Imoen Romance
Alcool
Jan's Extended Quest
Kari the Half-Kobold NPC
Biddekelorak NPC
Shed's Mods - A Forgotten Wars Mod
Au service d'Oghma
Zalnoya and the Shadow Thieves
gMinion
Spell Revisions
The Undying
Neh'taniel NPC
Lol's RezMod
Sword Coast Stratagems
Homeward Bound
Kiara-Zaiya NPCs
Romantic Encounters
Alternatives
The Gibberlings Three Anniversary Mod
MTS Crappack
Crossmod Banter Pack (BG2)
Song and Silence
Divine Remix
Sword and Fist
Rogue Rebalancing
Paladins of Faerun Kitpack
Legion of Hell
BGT Tweak Pack
Turambar fixes and tweaks
Sword Coast Stratagems II
Haiass el Lobo
BG2 Tweak Pack
Jarls BGT Tweak Pack
Item Pack
aTweaks
Relationship
NMR-HAPPY Patch
Throne of Bhaal Refinements
Item Randomiser
The Bigg Tweaks
BGT NPC Portraits
Vecna
Pack Mule
BP-BGT-Worldmap
Level 1 NPCs
Finished.

I don't need all those mods,but some of them are essential to finish installation process like bg2fixpack and bg2 tweaks
i downloaded manually bgfixpackv9 from other side, but program doesn't react saying "wrong file size"and without it, i can't even start.

Is there anyway to "force" him to use this one?

#848 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Update the BWS to the last version, that's probably the issue here.

#849 Rflbroski

Rflbroski
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

I am having problems with the infamous "patch.exe". The thing is (I am running W8) - even if I disable UAC and disable AV (only the new windows 8 guard) there is still nothing happening. Fixes other people used, e.g. running the .bat via admin-cmd, is not possible due to the BiG vbs. At least I don't see how I can make it work. Any advise as to how to proceed?

#850 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

If you want to run it as admin, you can try to run the BiG World Setup\Autoit3.exe as admin and select to open the BiG World Setup.au3. The vbs does exactly that.

#851 computerfan9000

computerfan9000
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

First, I would like to thank you for creating the Big World Setup.  It makes downloading all these mods MUCH easier! :D
However, there are several mods that refuse to download.
These are the mods:

Raziel NPC: The Mod itself (Raziel_v1.exe)
Lol's RezMod: The Mod itself (Rezmod_v2_6.7z)
Fishing for Trouble: Additional mods (fft_p15.zip)
As for RezMod, it refuses to accept the newer 2.6d, and the Fishing for Trouble patch 1.5 seems to have been removed.  I also am not certain if 2.0 is currently compatible with the MegaMod.  Raziel also seems to be unavailable.  Are there any alternative sources for these mods?

BTW, This is a Standard Install.

#852 -no-

-no-

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

Fishing for Trouble 2.0 was just released, and I suspect they yanked fft_p15.zip offline as a result.

#853 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

Fishing for Trouble 2.0 was just released, and I suspect they yanked fft_p15.zip offline as a result.

Same thing should be true for the Lol's mod, so the BWS just needs a link update, ... so you just need to wait a day or a few for that.

#854 -no-

-no-

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

Will installing 2.0 of FFT still work, I wonder? Like, if you were to manually provide the 2.0 patch when the 1.5 patch can't be found? Or would that require revisions to other BWP scripts?

#855 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

Will installing 2.0 of FFT still work, I wonder?

It depends on how you make that happen... actually, the BWS has a list which it uses to download the files, I have forgotten what it's called, of you make the correct adjustment to it, it will (at least try to) install the 2.0... will it work as intended, depends on the intestines of the mod.

There, the file is in your ... BiG World Setup\Config\Mod.ini

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 21 November 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#856 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

Not really a BWP problem per se, but probably the best place to fix it these days would be BWP Fixpack...(If offended, you can ask the moderator to switch this post to a new forum, but hey wait--that's me! :P)

Underrepresented Items, underep/itm/U#HFSFWS.itm. It's a staff w/o a two-handed flag set. I spent two days trying to debug the Assertion Failure/CTD problem with all the other stuff going on in a BWP battle, thinking at first it was a spellcasting animation issue. I doubt Weimer is doing any more updates on this, and I haven't heard of anyone planning to take over this particular mod.

Edited by horred the plague, 24 November 2012 - 07:11 AM.
: just to be a smartass

#857 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

Well, that post should be here... not that it matters much I think.

#858 horred the plague

horred the plague

Scourge of the Seven Seas

• Modder
  • 1899 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

Okay, now that I got the CTD (above) solved, I found a real daisy of a bug that BWP installer is responsible for. Since TS-BP was removed from the routine install list (and throws a penalty flag if chosen w/ NeJv68), TSv704 installs after NeJ. This in turn screws up the NeJ dialog compiles for the TS NPC's like Kachiko e.g., and in a particular case (Leina's room exploration, returning to 5 flagons main room, VPNOTES2.bcs trap trigger) causes her to leave the party forever. TS must be installed first. If the only problem by doing so is a double-install of the same animation files, it's well worth it.

On the side, I also saw a return of the "double-Yoshimo" spawn bug in AR0603. I remember fixing this in BP back in 2003 or so (can't remember exactly what caused it, just remember seeing Yoshimo clones). I guess Vlad never got the fix live on his end? By deferrence I'm guessing that several other bugs were potentially re-introduced when TS-BP was taken out of the loop. TS-BP was not only about mod compatibility; it fixed a lot of bugs in TS as well.

EDIT: Oh, and when patching be careful of a check in Nej's tp2 for:
ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~override/MASAKI.dlg~
We know the "override/" is not only unnecessary in that line---if some sort of biffer is applied to TS then this check will read a false-positive.

@Jarno: Good to know there's a thread to just pile the fixes into. Will use it in future. But this latest is defintely a BWP installer issue.

Edited by horred the plague, 24 November 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#859 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

Caught some more items that needed horred's fix here :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#860 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Uhm, just for notation: I've got not no clue about sorting mods/weidu debugging and just port the BWP-batch, the PDF-information, some readmes and 2 cent of a few weidu-lines that tell about mod-conflicts and such things.
So if you want to report that this is false, I guess the fix-thread and/or adressing Leonardo would be the better choice.