• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 02:20 AM

Heya :cheers:

In the latest install, whenever I tell Cromwell to upgrade something, I get varyiong results depending on when you tell him:

1) The first time you have something to upgrade, he just takes your stuff and gives you the result ... no cutscene, no "Enjoy your new item" talk :(
2) AFTER the first time, all upgrades now play the cutscene ... but still no "Enjoy..." talk (next time you click on Crom, he starts with "Enjoy" :wacko:)

This is a changelog of WSMITH01.dlg:
Mods affecting WSMITH01.DLG:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ 0 0 // Check The Bodies
00001: ~EMAD/SETUP-EMAD.TP2~ 0 1 // The Promise of a Troll
00002: ~SETUP-MUNCHMOD.TP2~ 0 0 // Munchmod
00003: ~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ 0 0 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades
00004: ~NANSTEIN/NANSTEIN.TP2~ 2 0 // Nanstein, Chief Mage Engineer of Mountain Sansimportance
00005: ~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ 0 0 // Amber the NPC MOD for BGII:SoA
00006: ~SETUP-BTL.TP2~ 0 0 // Beyond the Law - Kova & Kiyone
00007: ~C#AJANTIS_SVA/SETUP-C#AJANTIS_SVA.TP2~ 1 0 // Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII-SoA
00008: ~SETUP-NEH'TANIEL.TP2~ 0 0 // Neh'taniel NPC Mod
00009: ~TYRISFLARE/SETUP-TYRISFLARE.TP2~ 0 0 // Tyris Flare NPC
00010: ~SETUP-MDX.TP2~ 0 0 // Xmas Mod
00011: ~SETUP-ITEM_PACK.TP2~ 0 6 // More Work for Cromwell
00012: ~SETUP-SHEENA.TP2~ 0 0 // Install A Half Dragon Tale
00013: ~YIKARI/YIKARI.TP2~ 0 1 // Compatibility with Item Upgrade SoA
00014: ~G3ANNIVERSARY/SETUP-G3ANNIVERSARY.TP2~ 0 0 // The Gibberlings Three Anniversary Mod
00015: ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ 0 8 // Upgradeable Equipment
00016: ~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ 0 12 // Reduce to 50%

Also, I've attached my WSMITH01.dlg in .d form for someone more awesome in this stuff to look at :P Something to note is that the Amber mod seems to cause MAJOR bloatage to the .dlg by adding 2 item checks to EVERY state (even mod-added ones) :o I'm still not sure why but this is the block that mods WSMITH01.dlg in amber\dialogs\m#npcapp.d
Spoiler

Extremely thankful for help! :hug:

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:25 AM

In the latest install, whenever I tell Cromwell to upgrade something, I get varyiong results depending on when you tell him:

1) The first time you have something to upgrade, he just takes your stuff and gives you the result ... no cutscene, no "Enjoy your new item" talk :(
2) AFTER the first time, all upgrades now play the cutscene ... but still no "Enjoy..." talk (next time you click on Crom, he starts with "Enjoy" :wacko:)

This is a changelog of WSMITH01.dlg:

Mods affecting WSMITH01.DLG:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ 0 0 // Check The Bodies
00001: ~EMAD/SETUP-EMAD.TP2~ 0 1 // The Promise of a Troll
00002: ~SETUP-MUNCHMOD.TP2~ 0 0 // Munchmod
00003: ~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ 0 0 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades
00004: ~NANSTEIN/NANSTEIN.TP2~ 2 0 // Nanstein, Chief Mage Engineer of Mountain Sansimportance
00005: ~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ 0 0 // Amber the NPC MOD for BGII:SoA
00006: ~SETUP-BTL.TP2~ 0 0 // Beyond the Law - Kova & Kiyone
00007: ~C#AJANTIS_SVA/SETUP-C#AJANTIS_SVA.TP2~ 1 0 // Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII-SoA
00008: ~SETUP-NEH'TANIEL.TP2~ 0 0 // Neh'taniel NPC Mod
00009: ~TYRISFLARE/SETUP-TYRISFLARE.TP2~ 0 0 // Tyris Flare NPC
00010: ~SETUP-MDX.TP2~ 0 0 // Xmas Mod
00011: ~SETUP-ITEM_PACK.TP2~ 0 6 // More Work for Cromwell
00012: ~SETUP-SHEENA.TP2~ 0 0 // Install A Half Dragon Tale
00013: ~YIKARI/YIKARI.TP2~ 0 1 // Compatibility with Item Upgrade SoA
00014: ~G3ANNIVERSARY/SETUP-G3ANNIVERSARY.TP2~ 0 0 // The Gibberlings Three Anniversary Mod
00015: ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ 0 8 // Upgradeable Equipment
00016: ~SETUP-XPMOD.TP2~ 0 12 // Reduce to 50%

Also, I've attached my WSMITH01.dlg in .d form for someone more awesome in this stuff to look at :P Something to note is that the Amber mod seems to cause MAJOR bloatage to the .dlg by adding 2 item checks to EVERY state (even mod-added ones) :o I'm still not sure why but this is the block that mods WSMITH01.dlg in amber\dialogs\m#npcapp.d
Spoiler

Extremely thankful for help! :hug:

Some of the item upgrades are done by the dialog itself, TakeItem, TakeGold, GiveItem, etc. Originally (vanilla) and with some mods, the upgrading is done through another script or the area script. It depends on how the mods do it whether by dialog alone, script or both.

Now other things are probably added like some random walk thing and he runs around like an idiot and the forge works by itself. That is why he doesn't start the dialog when he normally should and you have to force talk him. Maybe it could be his scripts got switched from Override to Class or something which won't take precedence.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:22 PM

Something to note is that the Amber mod seems to cause MAJOR bloatage to the .dlg by adding 2 item checks to EVERY state (even mod-added ones)

it is definitely supposed to... or maybe not. it looks like it is a check for each set of things to make sure Amber's choices are put into play, so that even lower on the evaluation order by adding other mods Amber's gets looked for (or not looked for). Hmmm.

CamDawg explains it better than I ever could - http://forums.gibber...?showtopic=5795

The basics are that to get original behavior, you need to extend the area script in a mod to actually call him back - ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC])). That ActionOverride from Area script should be giving that line, unless the modder did something to change it before looping it back.

The real thing to watch is if the modder did an actual loop back to state 56, where the transitions add

StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutScene("cromwell")

which is the forging animation, and does the area script have a setting that uses the original ForgeItem variable. If it doesn't, then it may not trigger him to talk again - and that would be a "bug" in the mod. For each of these that expect forging animations to play, they would need to either piggyback on the existing stuff or create their own copy.

Either way, it would be great if there were another smith to use, since not only is Cromwell getting a bit overburdened, there is the significant problem of "Last On = First Evaluated", so whatever mod is last on the stack gets checked first. But really at this stage he is the dude. No point in going backwards. Unless there is space for another, in which case, we should build him for new modders to use.

Edited by cmorgan, 23 March 2010 - 01:29 PM.

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

Something to note is that the Amber mod seems to cause MAJOR bloatage to the .dlg by adding 2 item checks to EVERY state (even mod-added ones)

it is definitely supposed to... or maybe not. it looks like it is a check for each set of things to make sure Amber's choices are put into play, so that even lower on the evaluation order by adding other mods Amber's gets looked for (or not looked for). Hmmm.

CamDawg explains it better than I ever could - http://forums.gibber...?showtopic=5795

The basics are that to get original behavior, you need to extend the area script in a mod to actually call him back - ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC])). That ActionOverride from Area script should be giving that line, unless the modder did something to change it before looping it back.

The real thing to watch is if the modder did an actual loop back to state 56, where the transitions add

StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutScene("cromwell")

which is the forging animation, and does the area script have a setting that uses the original ForgeItem variable. If it doesn't, then it may not trigger him to talk again - and that would be a "bug" in the mod. For each of these that expect forging animations to play, they would need to either piggyback on the existing stuff or create their own copy.

Either way, it would be great if there were another smith to use, since not only is Cromwell getting a bit overburdened, there is the significant problem of "Last On = First Evaluated", so whatever mod is last on the stack gets checked first. But really at this stage he is the dude. No point in going backwards. Unless there is space for another, in which case, we should build him for new modders to use.

CtB still uses the cutscene(cromwell) and entries to AR0334.BCS for the whopping four items it adds for him to forge. Only one can be done in one game playthrough without cheating.

EDIT1: It adds 6 actions to StartCutscene with its own global settings added in for checks.

Don't know about the lovely Amber but it looks like one or two forgings for her and it looks to be cutscene as well with its own global.

ItemUpgrade just does:
GiveItemCreate("c2robe01",Player1,1,1,1)
CreateVisualEffect("spcrtwpn",[401.348])

instead of cutscene. So this answers your #1:

I still say look at his scripts and see if he has a RandomWalk action in his Override script. That will break the forge cutscene anyway and you have to force talk him after. What does he do when you forge a normal BG2 item like Ankheg mail and the cutscreen starts?

Let's see what you find and that may answer your #2:

Edited by Hoppy, 23 March 2010 - 04:08 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#5 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:04 PM

Good idea, Hoppy, to check that, to see if anything in a BWP install adds stuff to him. In vanilla, he is assigned no override script at all. His class script is SHOUT, and his default is WTASIGHT, none of which have RandomWalk().

#6 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

I can help break down what additions are made since I practically know CtB like the back of my hand.

CtB gives him an override and race script of WSMITH01.BCS with this content. Quest related stuff and nothing else touches it. :o *Glad I noticed the typos now*

IF
	HasItem("CBMALR6a",Myself) // Wraith
	Global("CbCromwellDestroysCrown","AR0334",1)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		DestroyItem("CBMALR6a") // Wraith
		ClearAllActions()
		StartCutSceneMode()
		StartCutScene("CROMWELL")
END

IF
	GlobalGT("CbMalteseArtifact","GLOBAL",4)
	GlobalGT("CbMalteseJournals","GLOBAL",0)
	GlobalGT("CbCromwellDestroysCrown","AR0334",0)
	Global("CbCromwellFinalizesEntries","AR0334",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("CbCromwellFinalizesEntries","AR0334",1)
		SetGlobal("CbMalteseArtifact","GLOBAL",10)
		AddJournalEntry(84974,QUEST_DONE) // Of Elves and Artifacts  I have brought the Crown of Horns to my friend Cromwell.  He was able to successfully destroy the ancient evil that made up the crown, something that the great mage Khelben was unable to do years ago.  Khaddyr the mage who wanted to attempt Permatration is no longer a threat, and poor Eleanor, the elfwoman I met before this all started can rest easy.  Once again, I do believe I have saved Faerûn from certain destruction.
		AddexperienceParty(60000)
		EraseJournalEntry(84730) // Of Elves and Artifacts  I have found a way to stop the mage Khaddyr from completing his permatration ritual.  What began as an elusive quest with a scared elfwoman is almost complete.  I have recovered the real Crown of Horns, but have not yet decided what should be done with it.  I could keep it, but it's evil would still exist in Faerûn.  Perhaps it would be best if the Crown were destroyed.
		EraseJournalEntry(84734) // Of Elves and Artifacts  I found the items that Eleanor had told me about and brought them to my dwarf friend Cromwell.  He was able to create nearly an exact copy of the true Crown of Horns, and I will have to meet up with this mage.  Hopefully he will fall for the ruse.
		EraseJournalEntry(84733) // Of Elves and Artifacts  I found the parts that Eleanor told me to collect in order to create a counterfeit Crown of Horns.  I brought them to my friend Cromwell, a master craftsman, but he was unable to create a duplicate.  I shall either have to have him try again, or find some other way of preventing the mage from attempting Permatration.
		EraseJournalEntry(84732) // Of Elves and Artifacts  After leaving the Temple of Waukeen in Trademeet, Eleanor was attacked by the mage she told me about.  He had a few bodyguards with him, but did not need them.  His magic was strong, much to strong for Eleanor, who was killed by the mage in an earnest spell battle for her very life.  I shall honor her sacrifice, and not let it be in vain.
		EraseJournalEntry(84735) // Of Elves and Artifacts    I had a lengthy discussion with Eleanor, an elven mage who specializes in scholarly pursuits of ancient artifacts and magical items.  She is quite concerned with the ambitions of a mage who has employed her to research a theory known as permatration; which I had believed was just a myth.  Apparently this mage has come into an artifact which may allow him to perform a permatration ritual, and of course in the process causing widespread destruction.  Eleanor beseeched my aid, and has come up with a plan to foil the evil mage.   She thinks it best to create a duplicate copy of the artifact, one which is harmless.  I do not know if this is a good idea, but if I wish to construct such a counterfeit artifact, she has told me what items I would need to create such a fake.  The items are commonly found, and I would need a diamond, a Potion of Magic Protection, a scroll with the spell Enchanted Weapon, and any item containing greenstone.  If I find these items and want to have Eleanor create a counterfeit, she said she would contact me someplace in Athkatla.   Aside from duplicating the object, Eleanor told me where I could find the mage.  She was told that she could contact him in a meadow near the Forest of Tethyr, where he keeps an underground laboratory to conduct his experiements.  If all else fails, I could probably find him there to defeat his attempts to steal the life force of others to earn himself a god-hood.
		EraseJournalEntry(84736) // Of Elves and Artifacts    I had a lengthy discussion with Eleanor, an elven mage who specializes in scholarly pursuits of ancient artifacts and magical items.  She is quite concerned with the ambitions of a mage who has employed her to research a theory known as permatration; which I had believed was just a myth.  Apparently this mage has come into an artifact which may allow him to perform a permatration ritual, and of course in the process causing widespread destruction.  Eleanor beseeched my aid, and has come up with a plan to foil the evil mage.   She thinks it best to create a duplicate copy of the artifact, one which is harmless.  I do not know if this is a good idea, but if I wish to construct such a counterfeit artifact, she has told me what items I would need to create such a fake.  The items are commonly found, and I would need a diamond, a Potion of Magic Protection, a scroll with the spell Enchanted Weapon, and any item containing greenstone.  If I find these items and want to have Eleanor create a counterfeit, she said she would contact me someplace in Athkatla.   Aside from duplicating the object, Eleanor told me where I could find the mage.  She was told that she could contact him in a dungeon near the Umar Hills, where he has a laboratory where he conducts his experiements.  If all else fails, I could probably find him there to defeat his attempts to steal the life force of others to earn himself a god-hood.
		EraseJournalEntry(84731) // Of Elves and Artifacts    I had a lengthy discussion with Eleanor, an elven mage who specializes in scholarly pursuits of ancient artifacts and magical items.  She is quite concerned with the ambitions of a mage who has employed her to research a theory known as permatration; which I had believed was just a myth.  Apparently this mage has come into an artifact which may allow him to perform a permatration ritual, and of course in the process causing widespread destruction.  Eleanor beseeched my aid, and has come up with a plan to foil the evil mage.   She thinks it best to create a duplicate copy of the artifact, one which is harmless.  I do not know if this is a good idea, but if I wish to construct such a counterfeit artifact, she has told me what items I would need to create such a fake.  The items are commonly found, and I would need a diamond, a Potion of Magic Protection, a scroll with the spell Enchanted Weapon, and any item containing greenstone.  If I find these items and want to have Eleanor create a counterfeit, she said she would contact me someplace in Athkatla.   Aside from duplicating the object, Eleanor told me where I could find the mage.  She was told that she could contact him in a dungeon below the Windspear Hills, where he has a laboratory where he conducts his experiements.  If all else fails, I could probably find him there to defeat his attempts to steal the life force of others to earn himself a god-hood.
		EraseJournalEntry(84737) // Of Elves and Artifacts  I have identified and received the magical message stored within the statuette given to my by an elf in the Bridge District.  The voice, apparently the elf's, was full of fear and terror, though did not yield many clues as to what the adventure that the elf alludes to.  All I know is that the elf woman may be in danger- and she mentions that the Sword Coast could also be in danger- and if I meet her in the Temple of Waukeen in Trademeet, she will try to explain further.  Perhaps I will, but I'd much rather know more about this elf woman first.
		EraseJournalEntry(84738) // Of Elves and Artifacts  While walking through the Bridge District of Athkatla, an elf, whom I do not know, approached me with much trepidation.  She did not say anything, but surreptisiously dropped a small statuette into my pack.  I do not know why, yet I do not know what the properties of the statuette are yet.  I shall have to investigate it, and perhaps the elf may lead me to yet another adventure.
END

Big picture gives him a BPWDASGT for default in case the party thrashes him.

And his vanilla HUMANSHT for class.

I think the problem lies in AR0334.BCS if he doesn't start the dialog like this:

IF
	Global("ForgeItem","GLOBAL",1)
	Global("ForgeStuff","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("ForgeStuff","GLOBAL",0)
		TakePartyItem("scaleb") // Shadow Dragon Scales
		GiveItemCreate("leat19",Player1,0,0,0) // Shadow Dragon Scale +6
		ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
END

The block never finishes.

- King Diamond

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:54 PM

Thank you for all the stuff put forth :D

Well, WSMITH01.cre

Override - RR#PICKP
Class - HUMANSHT
Race - WSMITH01
General - None
Deafult - BPWDASGT

Attached all of them along with AR0334.baf for your viewing pleasure :P Maybe some mod added RandomWalky() blocks to those scripts later, who knows?? :lol: (I did check AR0334.bcs and there's nothing unusual other than the CtB recipes adding a Continue() after the ActionOverride() thing :unsure:)

About Amber, the thing that got me the most was that if you did a search for "!PartyHasItem("m#bchide")" in the .d I attached in the OP, you'll turn up 1135 hits :o For an NPC mod, that's some major patching!

Now, I tried a vanilla recipe (specifically, the Shadow Dragon Scales + 5000 gold thing :P) and the cutscene fires ... but still no "Enjoy..." dialogue :( And again, next time I prod him, He tells me to "Enjoy..." :devil:

About ItemUpgrade, AR0334.baf might answer stuff :)

Thanks again!

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#8 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

Thank you for all the stuff put forth :D

Well, WSMITH01.cre

Override - RR#PICKP
Class - HUMANSHT
Race - WSMITH01
General - None
Deafult - BPWDASGT

Attached all of them along with AR0334.baf for your viewing pleasure :P Maybe some mod added RandomWalky() blocks to those scripts later, who knows?? :lol: (I did check AR0334.bcs and there's nothing unusual other than the CtB recipes adding a Continue() after the ActionOverride() thing :unsure:)

About Amber, the thing that got me the most was that if you did a search for "!PartyHasItem("m#bchide")" in the .d I attached in the OP, you'll turn up 1135 hits :o For an NPC mod, that's some major patching!

Now, I tried a vanilla recipe (specifically, the Shadow Dragon Scales + 5000 gold thing :P) and the cutscene fires ... but still no "Enjoy..." dialogue :( And again, next time I prod him, He tells me to "Enjoy..." :devil:

About ItemUpgrade, AR0334.baf might answer stuff :)

Thanks again!

Well does he move around the forge in a random walk or not? Don't talk to him and watch him. Takes like 5 seconds in mine for him to start plowing around the forge like an idiot.

EDIT: Item Upgrade:

It has been updated. I will make the changes it makes to my game then.

EDIT2: Nothing to do with any of his scripts from my end. Just to try and save you a few minutes if you hadn't tried. Area script is all I can think of. Maybe that is the bloated blunderbuss here?

That will take some trial and error trimming and testing. Maybe some of the item upgrade blocks would work in his override script and would just need to change a little in the action. Dunno??

Edited by Hoppy, 23 March 2010 - 08:02 PM.

- King Diamond

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:03 PM

Well, no he doesn't RandomWalk or anything :unsure:

Actually, I don't think it's been updated yet :P

#10 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:13 PM

Well, no he doesn't RandomWalk or anything :unsure:

Actually, I don't think it's been updated yet :P

Care to share then since I am fixing your game right now?

EDIT: Correction...I fixed game. I win! :cheers:

It is this mass amount of bullshit:
IF
	Global("ForgeStuff","GLOBAL",0)
	Global("CDTime","AR0334",1)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("CDTime","AR0334",0)
END

etc. etc. etc....

Edited by Hoppy, 23 March 2010 - 08:26 PM.

- King Diamond

#11 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:17 PM

Mate, it's linked in the last post there :) (but do you think that's the problem?? :o)

Anyway, relink :P (this was supposed to overwrite the original IU package before installing ...)

Anyway, thanks for looking into my game :P

#12 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

Mate, it's linked in the last post there :) (but do you think that's the problem?? :o)

Anyway, relink :P (this was supposed to overwrite the original IU package before installing ...)

Anyway, thanks for looking into my game :P

Look at my edit. Inknow it is the CD thing because I spent the last ten minutes chopping those blocks and tested. He is golden good. This means that either we change the global for CDtime which is a bitch, or add actions of SetInterrupt(FALSE) and SetInterrupt(TRUE) after all the blocks for the forging items, vanilla and modded. That's another bitch if it is a solution at all.

Edited by Hoppy, 23 March 2010 - 08:31 PM.

- King Diamond

#13 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:33 PM

Hoppy for prez!! :coolthumb:

But isn't that block from the BG2Fixpack?? :unsure: (but it's optional in the "Make Cromwell actually take a day" component :P)

#14 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:45 PM

Hoppy for prez!! :coolthumb:

But isn't that block from the BG2Fixpack?? :unsure: (but it's optional in the "Make Cromwell actually take a day" component :P)

But I want everything to work perfectly. I will make a note of this for a future CtB update so it will be cool and probably was screwing up the damned crown of thorns quest. Finally, visions of scripting come to me.

Yes it is the fixpack.

If you want to test something, edit one block of forging in AR0334 and put SetInterrupt(FALSE) at top action and SetInterrupt(TRUE) as bottom. Like dis:

IF
	Global("ForgeItem","GLOBAL",2)
	Global("ForgeStuff","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetInterrupt(FALSE)
		SetGlobal("ForgeStuff","GLOBAL",0)
		TakePartyItem("scaler") // Red Dragon Scales
		GiveItemCreate("plat18",Player1,0,0,0) // Red Dragon Scale +2
		ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
		SetInterrupt(TRUE)
END

See if Crom is still rude :lol:

Nevermind, it sucks.

Edited by Hoppy, 23 March 2010 - 08:50 PM.

- King Diamond

#15 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:52 PM

I think the SetInterrupts only work within a cutscene to keep things from popping in and interrupting. Maybe I will do some tests with it and if I come up with something that works better, I will let the Fixpack gurus know.

EDIT: No they do work like with Dudley tweaks for the Werewolf Island travels and back. It will come to me, I just got to see how I can rig it.

Maybe a Wait(2) tucked into those blocks. Or a longer wait?

Edited by Hoppy, 23 March 2010 - 08:56 PM.

- King Diamond

#16 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:54 PM

Right now, I'm doing an extremely small install without comp #102 of the BG2Fixpack and with just the mods in the changelog in the OP :P (except CtB cause I know that's not the problem ... and cause it's huge :P)

I'll add the SetInterrupt() stuff to the Itemupgrade patch too :) (but wouldn't ALL the mods that add stuff to Crom need to do that now?? :unsure: RR, Amber, BtL, Tyris, Neh't ... and whatnot :o)

EDIT: Awesomely FIXED!!! :D (not installing com #102 worked!)

I'll also mention that I did do the same install WITH 102 yesterday and it still gave me that problem :)

EDIT2: So ... SetInterrupt suck?? :unsure:

Edited by Lollorian, 23 March 2010 - 08:59 PM.

#17 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:05 PM

Yeah for now it (SetInterrupt) sucks. Something is in reach...somewhere?

EDIT: One more thing to try :devil:

EDIT2: Tried everything and if I get him to say the dialog, it will change the global ForgeItem to 0 and then the time won't change.

Also I noticed the time change blocks will only work in certain positions in the BCS. Not first i the BCS or last so installation placement won;t seem to remedy the issue.

Edited by Hoppy, 23 March 2010 - 10:26 PM.

- King Diamond

#18 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

For now, would just not installing the BG2Fixpack 102 component fix the issue?? :P (it did for me ... but dunno :unsure:)

#19 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:04 PM

For now, would just not installing the BG2Fixpack 102 component fix the issue?? :P (it did for me ... but dunno :unsure:)

That just avoids the issue and we want to make every mod and component compatible right? That's just the fun of it :cheers:.

Anyway this is the fix with the 24 hour forge component. Recommend BG2fixpack adds to their BAF.

There is a block that checks if the time has been changed and is the first one with CDTime in it:
IF
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Continue()
END

Now after the forging, time change takes place and he can have the dialog action like this small addition:
IF
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		ActionOverride("WSMITH01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
		Continue()
END

I tested this with two back to back forgings and it worked both times with the time change. It even fired after two back to back NPC banters!! :woot:

Now there is a small possibility that NPC banters might just interrupt it but I think it is pretty strong for what we want.

Another note on placement of the #102. Currently #102 is installed early, the CDTime blocks fall in between vanilla blocks, then modded blocks on top. #102 will append to top anyway. It is worth testing though in different configurations as I moved all my CDTime blocks to the top (for visual help in this testing case).

Maybe you can test the block edit where it is in your BCS and try some of the mixtures of forgings since yours is expanded. That will be a real good test and maybe placement of the component won't be as big of an issue as I thought.

I will steal your code for IU and put on bottom of BCS. heehee.:lol:

- King Diamond

#20 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:48 PM

This ...

IF
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		ActionOverride("WSMITH01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
		Continue()
END

That bloody well did it :coolthumb: (for the BWP game ... the huge one :D) Wrapping up a fix right now (unless BG2Fixpack gets updated ;)) ... along with a small Crommy typo for the Ajantis Romance :P

I will steal your code for IU and put on bottom of BCS. heehee.:lol:

OMG!!! :ph34r:

Edited by Lollorian, 23 March 2010 - 11:50 PM.