ME3 News

• Please log in to reply
371 replies to this topic

#41 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:26 AM

Oh, that's great Vilk, but THIS is the real deal.

#42 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:33 AM

You are objectively wrong. :angry:

#43 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:44 AM

Blasphemer! Your impudent criticism offends the Mighty Wings!

#44 Silvi

Silvi
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:58 AM

I want to see a bit of real game graphic, CGI tells nothing about a game (look at Dragon Age origins. oh yes that CGI dragon fight that had nothing to do with their real, crappy, graphic...)
though even if they kept graphic from ME 2 it'd be good. Had the FEEL of space.
My deviantArt lair
Team Silvivi Mods
Miles NPC

------------
Name: Silvi
Class: Witch (Writer/Painter)
Alignment: Neutral Evil
When asked about her past, SILVI asks why are you asking about her past. After some nagging she admits she always had a weak spot for Baldur's Gate, game from her youth. She mentions she had been seeking for a way to add a mod of her own to it. Now, she notes proudly, her little dream is being granted.

-----------
Posted Image

Oh, and you've just lost the game.

#45 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:00 AM

IIRC they commented at some point that they'd pretty much gotten the graphics to the desired level with ME2, so I'd expect pretty much the same. o-o

#46 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:17 AM

Blasphemer! Your impudent criticism offends the Mighty Wings!

It can be as offended as it likes, but it has nothing on a song that is literally named Don't fear the Reaper. Don't feel bad, though; it's like losing an arm wrestling competition with Zeus.

real game graphic

Yeah, that would be nice. Hell, any info we didn't already know/haven't already strongly suspected would be nice. It wouldn't surprise me if they keep us waiting a couple of months more before they release anything, though.

#47 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:55 AM

I imagine we will see more about it in the coming months especially when DA2 comes out.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#48 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:34 PM

Yeah, I'd imagine they won't want too much focus on ME3 until about midyear, possibly June or July. They'll want to give DA2 as much emphasis as they can.

I'm excited. :D

#49 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

I went and tossed "my" trailers up on youtube, where they will remain until I'm banned for fingerquotes.gif copyright infringement fingerquotes.gif or something.

Manson goes with every Bioware trailer ever!

Ah, yes, "Blue Öyster Cult". The immortal rock band allegedly waiting in dark space.

Edited by vilkacis, 12 December 2010 - 05:21 PM.

#50 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:32 PM

Call me a heretic groupie likes out there, but this is the real trailer/s. XD

Heck for the other thing I can only say "here we go again." I wonder how the Earth is feeling being treated like some alien invasion 'free parking' ticket.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#51 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:47 PM

Blue Öyster Cult! Why, vilkacis, now I wholeheartedly approve! ^_^

Edited by Choo Choo, 12 December 2010 - 09:49 PM.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#52 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:21 AM

That's because you have good taste. :cheers:

ALSO

I am now ~*~BANNED IN GERMANY~*~

GERMANY.png

...you know what else is banned in Germany? Swastikas.

I think they're telling me I'm basically Hitler. :crying:

#53 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 11:41 AM

Nice trailer, in any case. I'm excited. :)

#54 Silvi

Silvi
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 12:13 AM

I wish Mass Effect 3 had its première in March, and DAO2 was I dunno... never released or something. *reaches for ME3* so far away ;3;
My deviantArt lair
Team Silvivi Mods
Miles NPC

------------
Name: Silvi
Class: Witch (Writer/Painter)
Alignment: Neutral Evil
When asked about her past, SILVI asks why are you asking about her past. After some nagging she admits she always had a weak spot for Baldur's Gate, game from her youth. She mentions she had been seeking for a way to add a mod of her own to it. Now, she notes proudly, her little dream is being granted.

-----------
Posted Image

Oh, and you've just lost the game.

#55 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:17 AM

News:
Mass Effect 3 Confirmed Features

Continue Commander Shepard?s Epic Journey When BioWare?s Universally Acclaimed Action RPG Franchise Returns Holiday 2011

It?s humanity?s last stand and only Shepard can save us. On Saturday, leading video game developer BioWare, a division of EA, unveiled Mass Effect 3, one of the most highly anticipated games of 2011. After weeks of rumor across dozens of gaming websites and blogs, the speculation finally came to an end as the world witnessed, "Earth", the game?s spectacular premier trailer, broadcast exclusively on the Spike Video Game Awards (VGAs). Mass Effect 3 is the pinnacle of Commander Shepard?s emotionally charged journey. Mass Effect 3 is set to launch globally in holiday 2011 on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system, the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and the PC -- this marks the first time the Mass Effect franchise will launch on all three major platforms simultaneously. Also at the Spike VGAs, the game?s predecessor, Mass Effect 2 was awarded with the "Best RPG" and "Best Xbox 360 Game" of the year awards and BioWare was named "Studio of the Year".

"At BioWare, we are always driving ourselves to improve and I firmly believe our best work is still ahead of us," said Dr. Ray Muzyka, Group General Manager and Co-Founder of BioWare. "We could not be prouder of the team?s accomplishments with Mass Effect 2, and are excited and humbled by all of the recognition the game has received so far. We can?t wait to show you what the team is doing to make Mass Effect 3 an even bigger success."

The Mass Effect franchise is set in an epic science fiction universe, filled with dangerous alien life and mysterious, uncharted planets. Featuring intense action, a rich, futuristic storyline, space exploration and emotionally engaging character interaction, the franchise delivers an unparalleled cinematic experience. Mass Effect 2 is the highest rated videogame of 2010 on Xbox 360, the PC and one of the highest rated pieces of entertainment overall according to Metacritic.com. The three awards picked up at the Spike VGAs are the latest in an ongoing series of global recognition that includes "Ultimate Game of the Year" honors from The Golden Joysticks and over 35 other awards and over 70 other perfect review scores.

Mass Effect 2 is available now for the Xbox 360 and PC. The Mass Effect franchise will make its first appearance on the PlayStation 3 console when Mass Effect 2 ships to retailers on January 18, 2011 in North America and January 21, 2011 in Europe. The PlayStation 3 demo of Mass Effect 2 will be available on PlayStation Network starting December 21, 2010 in North America and December 22, 2010 in Europe.

For more information on Mass Effect, please visit the Official Website or the newly redesigned BioWare website. You can also follow the game on Twitter at masseffect2 or "Like" Mass Effect on Facebook.

#56 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:18 AM

I wish Mass Effect 3 had its première in March, and DAO2 was I dunno... never released or something. *reaches for ME3* so far away ;3;

Nooo, DA2 has to be released so I can make fun of it.

Besides, ME3 still has potential to be good! We don't want them rushing, and thus ruining, it.

^^^Edit ^^^

"ME3's universe is going to be darker, but funnier at the same time."

...I know that isn't new, but after the recent bullshit about how DA2 will be "completely different but exactly the same!!1", I can't help but get a bad feeling about this statement.

Edited by vilkacis, 14 December 2010 - 10:22 AM.

#57 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:28 AM

Nooo, DA2 has to be released so I can make fun of it.

Besides, ME3 still has potential to be good! We don't want them rushing, and thus ruining, it.

^^^Edit ^^^

"ME3's universe is going to be darker, but funnier at the same time."

...I know that isn't new, but after the recent bullshit about how DA2 will be "completely different but exactly the same!!1", I can't help but get a bad feeling about this statement.

If you read the source article, it explains the meaning of that sentence a bit further. I don't think it ends up meaning bad things for ME3.

#58 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:38 AM

I did read it. I still think "bad feelings" are justified when this is coming from the same company that's currently making an "action RPG" (by their own words) sequel to a traditional menu-driven game and telling us "it's completely the same except different".

I'm still fairly optimistic about ME3, but even so, it's also quite possible for them to fuck it up.

#59 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:15 AM

Personally I'd like to think about it as something they can pull off by improving on ME2. And as it's already an ARPG, there's no big leap in any direction gameplay-wise.

#60 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:11 PM

vilkacis: You - need - SHOOTING!!!!!!! :lol:

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 15 December 2010 - 12:13 PM.