ME3 News

• Please log in to reply
371 replies to this topic

#81 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:42 PM

Nah, I've heard that they're cutting the Awesome Button...

Prepare for the Magnificent Button (with heavy French accent). :doh:

That way they can add some Magnificent Seven combat moves.

#82 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:45 AM

ME2 managed to remove the inventory screen of ME1 while simultaneously offering you more actual choice (if you don't count DLC itemss), so there's a possibility that simplifying / dumbing down the game makes it better in the end.

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#83 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:38 PM

Yeah, there's a possibility of that happening. It could also be Dragon Age II all over again, and in ME3's case that would mean a mediocre shooter with minimal RPG elements. One can hope for a better result though.

#84 Neane

Neane
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:03 PM

And the CEO said that be it will be "equivalent to shooter-meets-RPG".
And it will also have the best shooter game graphics ever!

And:

It seems that they are going to make it so that all the Video Game Controllers will work fine with it."Plus the Nintendo announcement came just a week before BioWare confirmed Mass Effect 3 was getting delayed. Coincidence?"

Edited by Neane, 07 May 2011 - 05:04 PM.

#85 Neane

Neane
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:53 PM

Good News everyone, Mass Effect 3 will be mobile or handheld by March of 2012. This is due to the statment that, "[d]uring a conference call today, EA mentioned the company would be revealing some new details about Mass Effect 3 at E3 including something about 'some new ways to play.'"
So either that means it is going to be handheld or mobile, or they are secertly making another way.

Edited by Neane, 08 May 2011 - 12:55 AM.

#86 Neane

Neane
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:56 PM

Here is a good list of what Mass Effect 3 will have. This list I found is from last month.

#87 Neane

Neane
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:00 PM

Good News Everyone.

Edited by Neane, 08 May 2011 - 12:55 AM.

#88 Neane

Neane
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

Mass Effect 3 will do away with role-playing elements that don't "have a real impact in the battle", senior designer Christina Norman told Official Xbox Magazine today.

Edited by Neane, 08 May 2011 - 12:54 AM.

#89 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:01 AM

So you did have to post 4 posts in a row linking to articles we've already posted linked to?

Yeah, there's a possibility of that happening. It could also be Dragon Age II all over again, and in ME3's case that would mean a mediocre shooter with minimal RPG elements. One can hope for a better result though.

The fact is, ME1 weapons and armor looked all the same, and the stuff you'd loot was either vendor junk or strictly better than what you were currently wearing (until you hit level 30 or so, by which time your team was equipped in Spectre weapons and Colossus armor, meaning you had NO chance of finding something remotely comparable, except perhaps for the choice of upgrades, in which case you had the choice between Shields, Hardening or Damage Protection, with no clue as to what each of those terms meant). In ME2, you'd find NO vendor loot, and the weapons/armor parts you'd find (not counting DLC and unlockable stuff) were never strictly better than what you had, but merely different, giving you some choice in loadout (OK, some items were better than others, but they didn't completely outclass the others).

Viceversa, in DA:O the choice was already meaningful, and it has been weakened (or removed) in DA2.

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public

#90 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:28 AM

upgrades... the choice between Shields, Hardening or Damage Protection, with no clue as to what each of those terms meant

The Shield is added points to the shield capacity of the armor, so it completely protects the character from bullets etc as long as it's not drained... and it works just like the shield in Halo, so it takes a few seconds to recharge after it's hit, and the recharge speed is said in the armor.
The Damage Protection is obvious, the character takes less damage when it takes a fresh damage, so the shield needs to be off line, the tech and biotic powers are not reduced by this.
And Hardening is damage protection from tech and biotic powers.

ME1 weapons and armor looked all the same...

Well yeah, they did look quite much same, but the ME2's weapon models are based on the ME1's few different... and yes, they might have enhanced the old a bit but still they look quite much same base models. With just means that they had more time/money to put into the stuff.

But I would say that they did indeed add quality to the battle variety with simpler choices... hmm, should there be a thread for "ME3 News", and "ME3 News comment" -thread... bähh.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#91 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:23 AM

I fail to see how M3 being "tweaked for a larger market" is good news.

"Streamlined", here we come...

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#92 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:38 AM

[...] busy playing MtG instead of developing the game.

Thank you il dottore! Great read.

#93 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

I fail to see how M3 being "tweaked for a larger market" is good news.

"Streamlined", here we come...

To be honest, I can't even see why they're trying to make it more mainstream. ME2 is already extremely accessible to casuals. How much more money do they think they can make off it? And frankly, the people who couldn't get into ME2 because it was "too complex" shouldn't be playing these games in the first place.

#94 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 08:29 PM

To be honest, I can't even see why they're trying to make it more mainstream. ME2 is already extremely accessible to casuals. How much more money do they think they can make off it? And frankly, the people who couldn't get into ME2 because it was "too complex" shouldn't be playing these games in the first place.

Me neither, and that's the problem. Mayhaps they'll scrap dialogue (cause 'it's boring and it's not combat') for just cutscenes, who knows. But making it even MORE mainstream definitely doesn't bode well as an omen.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#95 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:49 PM

Me neither, and that's the problem. Mayhaps they'll scrap dialogue (cause 'it's boring and it's not combat') for just cutscenes, who knows. But making it even MORE mainstream definitely doesn't bode well as an omen.

An interactive movie where you can be the hero seems to be where this is heading. I think I'll just stick to watching the original Star Wars trilogy on blu-ray if that's where we end up. ;)

#96 Neane

Neane
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:11 PM

The squad members will be "more intimate".

Edited by Neane, 14 May 2011 - 12:26 PM.

#97 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:30 AM

In that case, I have 5$ that say that they'll release a non-insignificant amount of extra DLC characters. That won't bother GOTYers like me too much, but I imagine how you early buyers would be pissed off at this.

#98 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:16 AM

In that case, I have 5$ that say that they'll release a non-insignificant amount of extra DLC characters. That won't bother GOTYers like me too much, but I imagine how you early buyers would be pissed off at this.

If that's true, then yes, I'd be bothered by it. Of course there's a chance that they'll include some of it in the Collector's Edition or the planned "uber-collector's edition".

Edit: Typo

Edited by Archmage Silver, 15 May 2011 - 09:17 AM.

#99 Neane

Neane
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

HelloEveryone. There will be Same-Sex Romances and there will even be a Male Shepard Same-Sex Romance.

#100 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

The first game, if you'll recall, featured lesbian options in Liara and Ashley

Wow, talk about another misinformed article.