#221 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

So I tried the demo and like choo choo it leaves you wanting more. :P

I took a screenshot of my shepard and sort of compiled a pic from ME 1-3
Spoiler

Edited by Darziak, 29 February 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#222 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

I played it and enjoyed it very much. :) The controls are way smoother!
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#223 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

I've installed it (I hate Origin by the way), but I've yet to play it. I'm not sure if I want to, it'll distract me... but I'm tempted to play it anyway.

#224 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

I've installed it (I hate Origin by the way), but I've yet to play it. I'm not sure if I want to, it'll distract me... but I'm tempted to play it anyway.

It honestly doesn't give much away, nothing you didn't already know about anyway. And yes, Origin is mean. But I"m not really a fan of any kind of cloud/sharing/download service for games.

Oh! So after playing the demo, I promptly ordered the collectors edition and the collectors guide. Not that I need the guide but it's cool to have (I have the ME2 one and that was a bitch to find). Plus I got a discount on it for ordering it with the game. Yay!

Edited by theacefes, 15 February 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#225 KIrving

KIrving
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

It will be interesting to see the percentage of people who consistently bitch about the game/Bioware buy and/or enjoy/go crazy for this game once it's out. Additionally, a poll to see how many of those people also purchased the 80 dollar collectors edition would be entertaining.

Heh, well that won't be me.(Much as I like to bitch :)) If they release a bundle down the track that doesn't require Origin and I can still get it cheap then I'll look into buying it. Still they never released a complete (wilth dlc) edition of ME or ME2 so I won't hold my breath. The closest I'm going to get to a purchase, at this stage, is a second hand copy for the 360 as I have zero interest in the online co-op. If there was offline/splitscreen co-op I would have got excited.

Edited by KIrving, 15 February 2012 - 01:26 PM.

"I'm just here to get the job done, let someone else be on the poster." Female Commander Shepard

#226 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

I just spent 50 Eu on ME2 + DLC (minus Genesis and the two appearance packs), so I highly suspect that they'll announce a complete version of ME2 tomorrow :/

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#227 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

If there was offline/splitscreen co-op I would have got excited.

Ugh, my disappointment upon finding out it was online only was huge. Hubby and I would have loved a new co-op shooter to go with our dose of Mass Effect. :(

I got my hands on the 360 demo early this weekend and had a good time with it, though I have some concerns. (Did someone say bitching? I can do that! :D) The new cover system is very sensitive from a controller - causing me to frequently do ninja rolls to the left or right instead of get into cover even though I'm aiming straight ahead - so I think I'll probably be grateful that I often play a suicidal Vanguard who rarely takes cover. The lack of dialog interaction also worries me. I'm going to hold out hope that it has something to do with the particular scenes they chose, but watching Shepard banter for ten minutes while I sit idly by bugs me to no end. And, most importantly... the female hair style changes are disgusting. Deformed. Wrong. It's good to be a bald femShep.

Now, I also don't for one second regret that I've had the CE preordered for almost a year now, and have had the release date on my calendar since new years, and have a husband who has scheduled two days off just so we can play the game in shifts (ie, fight over whose turn it is). So it's not like my complaints amount to anything. :P

Edited by Aeryn, 15 February 2012 - 06:55 PM.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#228 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

I'm doing the silly ninja rolls too, Aeryn. Kind of problematic when your Shepard is an infiltrator... not that there was a sniper rifle to be found in the demo. :(

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#229 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

I found the controls to be rather easy to adapt to - just smoother and faster gameplay. But if you played Lair of the Shadow Broker (and did well) then one would assume it wouldn't be an issue since the pace of combat is similar. It makes more sense for Shepard to be able to run faster, jump, climb ladders, and roll. He/She is in the military-I've been told they do more than run and hold a gun robotically.....if anything, the way his/her movement was in the last two games was more unrealistic.

Did someone say bitching? I can do that!

The bitching comment was directed to the individuals who are/will be nothing more than hypocrites once the game comes out. :)

The lack of dialog interaction also worries me. I'm going to hold out hope that it has something to do with the particular scenes they chose, but watching Shepard banter for ten minutes while I sit idly by bugs me to no end.

Uh.....sorry but did you play Mass Effect 2? The *beginning* of Mass Effect 2? It was 15 minutes of watching Miranda and Martin Sheen banter, and then another 15 minutes of watching Shepard get spaced and worked on while we idly sat by.

Edited by theacefes, 16 February 2012 - 05:11 PM.

#230 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

I'm not worried about lengthy cutscenes or cinematic intros - I dislike Shepard (specifically) having conversations that I don't have the option to participate in. Even in the hellishly long and unskippable ME2 intro, we were able to pick Shep's lines.

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#231 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:13 AM

Were the animations always so terrible in Mass Effect games? Have you seen Anderson sprinting in front of you? He looked like a duck! It was hilarious! And in the first cutscene his hands are flopping like crazy.

I didn't like the dialogs in the firs missions. Shepard mostly talks with just his friend - Anderson, but he sounds as if he was addressing the UN General Assembly, pathos flows out of his moth, ears and nostrils.

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#232 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:10 AM

I want to go in fresh, so I ordered the ME3 CE (thank you game.co.uk for taking my money) and will patiently wait for that to arrive. Not looking forward to Origins, though.

Kwiat, that was Mark Meer, right? I'm betting Jennifer Hale is the superior VA. Again. :)

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#233 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

I'm betting Jennifer Hale is the superior VA. Again.

Yeah, nothing's changed there.

#234 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

I somehow like Meer's lines... I guess it's because he doesn't really sound like he puts emotion into most of it, thus he ends up sounding pretty neutral most of the time. I do agree that somebody else would have been a better choice, but it's too late now. They'll probably send him packing for the new games after ME3.

I usually don't write out newsbits, but this one was kind of interesting. EA is going to send copies of ME3 into space using weatherballoons released from New York, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Berlin, London, and Paris. Each will have a GPS tracking device onboard, meaning that people will be able to track the balloons when they return to Earth, and find a copy of ME3. EA will let those few lucky people play the game a week or more before the actual release date. (USA Today)

News:
New Lore @ Citadel
Casey Hudson Interview @ CVG
Multiplayer Demo Unlocked @ BioWare
Drew Karpyshyn Leaves BioWare @ drewkarpyshyn.com

Edited by Archmage Silver, 18 February 2012 - 08:23 PM.

#235 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

News:
Full ME3 "Take Back Earth" Trailer @ YouTube

#236 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

Not ME3 news but not enough I think to make a new thread about it. :unsure:

It seems that the mass effect deception book contained alot of errors.

#237 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

Yeah, that was pretty bad... Mass Effect may not have a canon storyline, but they should at least try to stay consistent with the lore.

#238 KIrving

KIrving
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

Not ME3 news but not enough I think to make a new thread about it. :unsure:

It seems that the mass effect deception book contained alot of errors.

Yeah, it also contained a lot of really bad writing.
"I'm just here to get the job done, let someone else be on the poster." Female Commander Shepard

#239 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

There is an extended version of that new trailer that came out today.

#240 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

Okay guys, this topic has veered just a tad bit off topic now. :) If you want to keep discussing this issue, please do so in a separate thread. Thank you!

EDIT: Topic split.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!