Bug Reports for Tashia v1.1

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:57 PM

Might I start a common bug-reporting thread?? :)

Anyway, one of Tashia's files have an errant "GLOBALS" :P I tried to attach the fixed file here. Thanks!

Edited by Lollorian, 27 March 2010 - 05:32 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#2 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 05:16 AM

Could you add to the thread title "... for Tashia Remix v???" or similar?

There are too many generic "Bug Report Thread" titles in world!

#3 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 05:31 AM

Done :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#4 cmorgan

cmorgan
  • Modder
  • 2301 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:01 PM

Cool stuff - K'aeloree, please check this against the v1.2 that was sent to you awhile ago, ready for posting :)

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:23 AM

Heya :) There's another small fix for Tashia regarding some of its scripts. Please have a look here. Thanks!

#6 -Saryniel-

-Saryniel-

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:01 PM

Somehow, dialogue with her started not from first one. She had asked "another question, about CHARNAME mother" without any earlier interaction.

#7 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

Hey guys. Minor bug and I hope it needs a minor fix.

In area AR2805 when almost the final battle is just about to start, protagonist talks to each character to warn them personally that they don't have to go there if they do not want. And yeah, the only missing dialog was Tashia's.
I did a thorough investigation into the the thing and it seems that the following lines of btashia.d are responsible for this scene:
EXTEND_BOTTOM player1 33
  IF ~IsValidForPartyDialog("Tashia") !Global("TashiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2) Global("M#TashiTalk1","LOCALS",0)~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("M#TashiTalkPlayer1_1","LOCALS",1)~ EXTERN ~player1~ add1 //reply if Tashia is not romanced
END

REPLACE player1
  IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 53
    SAY @566
    IF ~OR(2)
!InParty("Tashia")
!Global("TashiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN EXTERN ~player1~ add2 //skip to next char
    IF ~InParty("Tashia") !Dead("Tashia") 
Global("TashiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN EXTERN ~player1~ add3 //reply if Tashia romanced
  END
END
As far as I understand the block "EXTEND_BOTTOM player1 33" means that extra options are added to player1.dlg, to state 33(the state when protagonist talks to everyone), and the only option added - when Tashia is not romanced, and that block is called "add1". But block "add3", corresponding to romanced dialog added in a different way with this header:
REPLACE player1
  IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 53
and I do not know what that means. Why not add block "add3" the same way as "add1" was? Because block "add1" fires perfectly(in case Tashia is not romanced) and block "add3" is not fired, and I cannot understand why it actually should.

I suppose Lollorian is da man in investigating such things, hope he will have time to look into this.

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

Saw your report in the BWP10.3 thread this morning and got something worked out ^_^ Apparently the REPLACE overwrites a pretty important chunk of PLAYER1.DLG (the part where you romance Anomen :P - Ok maybe not that important :lol:) That's been totally scrapped now...

I've added add3 into an EXTEND_BOTTOM for state 33 in PLAYER1.DLG and added a variable Global("M#TashiTalkPlayer1_5","LOCALS") to check whether the talk fired in accordance with the other PC-Tashia talks :)
Also fixed the trigger variable for add1 from Global("M#TashiTalk1","LOCALS",0) to Global("M#TashiTalkPlayer1_1","LOCALS",0) because the action had a SetGlobal("M#TashiTalkPlayer1_1","LOCALS",1)

And finally, add2 is now practically useless because add3 now uses COPY_TRANS player1 33 like add1 (so the other NPCs can say stuff too :P)

All in all, the edits make 2 lines in Btashia.tra unnecessary:
@566 - filler for PC starting Tashia talk (~You look down on the ground, gathering your thoughts before the inevitable...~)
@675 - same as vanilla block that ended the party ready talks (~There is nothing more to be said. Without a further word, you turn grimly back to the stairs before you. Your soul awaits.~)

Also, attaching another fix I had for a while :P This one - tashi25j.d needed a IsValidForPartyDialogue("Tashia") at line 170 ^_^

The Tree of Life stuff is totally untested so it'd be great to check that out before saying FIXED :lol:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 19 August 2012 - 12:18 PM.

#9 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

That thing screwing Anomen romance is quite funny indeed, and no wonder I was unable to figure out how it's supposed to work, hehe. And that confusion with variables "M#TashiTalk1" and "M#TashiTalkPlayer1_1" looked confusing for me as well.

Unfortunately I cannot test the installation script because my BWP is already installed and reinstalling a mod which was installed prior to generalized biffing would be a suicide.

Tashia is not just a random mod which brings yet another minor script bug in game with some extra content - she is one of the most likable female characters, has a solid personality and yeah, great romance. It starts evolving a bit hasty after the underdark(you know what i mean), but as for me it's still one of the best romance mods ever. And I'm glad that you guys are still supporting this mod - it definitely deserves attention.

#10 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

I forgot that dialogue states in NI are +1'ed so the actual block that the REPLACE overwrote was the final line (There is nothing more to be said. Without a further word, you turn grimly back to the stairs before you. Your soul awaits.) :P Which was readded by add2... which should now be unnecessary because both add1 and add3 use COPY_TRANS player1 33 ^_^

Damn dialogues... gimme a script any day :crying:

#11 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

Aha, so why did it not work then? I suppose it was REPLACE'd so that Tashia's dialog would appear the last one, why does it not?

#12 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:50 AM

Aha, got it! It seems like at least two mods are doing the same dirty trick - REPLACE'ing text 53(state 54 in NI) - Tashia and Kiara. I dunno about the others, probably some of those use this dirty trick as well.

It seems that both mods use REPLACE 53 instead of EXTEND_BOTTOM 33 to make the romance dialog appear in the last place but they do not seems to care that there could be more than one mod with such intent. I suppose it's ok to sacrifice the order in which dialogs appear for fixing this bug. So Lollorian's fix that EXTEND_BOTTOM both option should do the thing. Still needs to be tested though.

#13 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

Aha, got it! It seems like at least two mods are doing the same dirty trick - REPLACE'ing text 53(state 54 in NI) - Tashia and Kiara. I dunno about the others, probably some of those use this dirty trick as well.

Searching revealed that Imoen Romance uses this as well - but it REPLACEs state 55 :blink: (which doesn't exist in vanilla BGII-ToB but may exist in a modded game - for example, my game has state 56 with something from BG1NPC)

I don't even... :unsure:

That said, I'm really wary of changing Kiara-Zaiya (or ImoenRom) unless someone can test whether the change to Tashia works as intended... Which is probably a pain in the ass because the Tree of Life ain't exactly found right outside Chateau Irenicus :ROFL:

OR maybe someone who's much more proficient with dialogues can verify whether it works theoretically atleast :P My dialogue-fu sucks and I know it :crying:

Edited by Lollorian, 20 August 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#14 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

Is a new version going to be available, because it's listed on the downloads page as broken. I would like to take her for a spin.

#15 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

Which version do you consider "new"? I have 1.2 and that's the version I'm testing.

#16 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:05 AM

Whichever one is hosted here (or are they both?)

#17 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

It is definitely not broken. I really wish people wouldn't use the report function unless files are actually broken. Ugh.

v1.3 is the latest version, and the version available for download.

#18 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

Cool, cheers.

#19 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:22 AM

Saw your report in the BWP10.3 thread this morning and got something worked out ^_^ Apparently the REPLACE overwrites a pretty important chunk of PLAYER1.DLG (the part where you romance Anomen :P - Ok maybe not that important :lol:) That's been totally scrapped now...

I've added add3 into an EXTEND_BOTTOM for state 33 in PLAYER1.DLG and added a variable Global("M#TashiTalkPlayer1_5","LOCALS") to check whether the talk fired in accordance with the other PC-Tashia talks :)
Also fixed the trigger variable for add1 from Global("M#TashiTalk1","LOCALS",0) to Global("M#TashiTalkPlayer1_1","LOCALS",0) because the action had a SetGlobal("M#TashiTalkPlayer1_1","LOCALS",1)

And finally, add2 is now practically useless because add3 now uses COPY_TRANS player1 33 like add1 (so the other NPCs can say stuff too :P)

All in all, the edits make 2 lines in Btashia.tra unnecessary:
@566 - filler for PC starting Tashia talk (~You look down on the ground, gathering your thoughts before the inevitable...~)
@675 - same as vanilla block that ended the party ready talks (~There is nothing more to be said. Without a further word, you turn grimly back to the stairs before you. Your soul awaits.~)

There is something wrong with the Btashia.d fix. It causes that the mod will fail to install.

[tashia/Dialogues/btashia.d] PARSE ERROR at line 1885 column 1-17
Near Text: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER
syntax error

[tashia/Dialogues/btashia.d]  ERROR at line 1885 column 1-17
Near Text: ADD_TRANS_TRIGGER
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [tashia/Dialogues/btashia.d]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [tashia/Dialogues/btashia.d]!
Stopping installation because of error.

Mod installs fine without that fix.

#20 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

Shit the EXTEND_BOTTOM in line 1883 needed an END :doh: Haven't tested this one either but this file should fix that error :)

Attached Files