Announcing Qwinn's Unofficial Dragon Age Fixpack

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

Yep, version 1 is done! Currently I'm hosting it at Bioware's own forums (since I'm trying to get their attention for maybe some contract work) since they make it pretty easy to set up there. Please let me know what you think! I'd really appreciate it if you guys could jump on this semi-soonish and make sure I didn't make any really dumb mistakes in terms of packaging the mod, so I can correct it quickly before the world at large sees it. If you try it and it installs and seems to work, let me know.

Probably the quickest way to test if it IS working is to test the fix in the Harrowing. Make a mage, go to the Fade, get the staff, talk to Sloth and make Mouse a Bear. Then talk to Mouse. If he says "And there is a spirit of rage" when you click on him, my mod isn't working, please let me know ASAP. If he just has a regular conversation with you, and doesn't say his "spirit of rage" line until it's actually appropriate to do so, then woohoo, it's all working. Please let me know! I'll hold off announcing this on Bioware's forums until someone gets back to me and tells me it looks okay.

http://social.biowar...m/project/2563/

Qwinn

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

Tweeted it. Spread the Qwinn's Unofficial Dragon Age Fixpack Love, People!

Suggestion: submit news to usercreated.org, rpgwatch, gamebanshee, and anywhere else that might pick it up.

Next time I play DA? You betcha.

#3 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

Yep, I'll post a few announcements once I have confirmation from *someone* that it installs okay :)

Thanks K'aeloree!

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 15 April 2010 - 04:11 PM.

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

Awesomic. :)

#5 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:10 PM

*shakes head* Sorry to anyone who tried to download it... didn't realize permissions defaulted to "group only" over there. Anyone can download the file now.

Was *wondering* why there were no downloads after a couple of hours. Phew.

Qwinn

#6 calydon

calydon
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

Great work - can't wait to test it out.

#7 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:11 PM

Awesome work, Quinn!! The "Ancient Elven Boots" makes the whole damn thing worthwhile (I know it's nothing big, but it's one of those bugs that really ticked me off for some reason). Great work, and thank you!!

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#8 Jewels

Jewels
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:47 AM

Excellent! This really needs to be promoted.

Would publishing on Dragon Age Nexus conflict with your intent for being contracted by BioWare?

#9 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:50 AM

For the time being, yeah. I want to drive up the download count on their own site, at least until I make my pitch/send my resume. I've got a month's work coming up soon, then I'll be looking for more work after that. I'll leave it just on the Bio forum for that month, then make my pitch, then I'll see about hosting it elsewhere as well.

Thanks for the kind words, all, hope you enjoy :)

Qwinn

#10 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:05 PM

By the way, folks, if you like the mod, please hit the Popularity + button while you're over at the site :D I'd like to see if I can get on the main project list, that would currently require a popularity of 395, and I'm only at 18 so far, heh.

Qwinn

#11 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:13 PM

So what files have you altered? Put that to the change log at least...
See, as the file is in a .dazip, it's not very easily to conform if this mod is compatible with the other mods, and it actually takes more space in the hard drive than the alternative as it needs to be 'installed'/extracted, I would suggest that any files anyone makes would be placed in the \Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override\*mods-own-subfolder* ... as the game supports sub-folders in the override folders, and you just need to drop them there.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#12 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:34 AM

Confirmed v1 patch and Luthias Dwarfson fix to be working.

#13 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:59 AM

When I upload v1.1, yes, the changelog will have a listing of all the files that notes which specific fix each file pertains to.

Thanks for the confirmation, AS :)

Qwinn

#14 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:42 PM

Uploaded v1.1.

Qwinn

#15 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

Confirmed v1.1 patch and Ancient Elven Boots & Ser Landry fixes to be working.

#16 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:05 PM

I just released version 2.0, with almost 40 new fixes! Hope you'll all enjoy :)

Oh, and I also updated the PS:T Fixpack to 4.11, to correct an issue with the English Dialogue Fixes component. Sorry for the inconvenience on that one.

Edited by Qwinn, 19 May 2010 - 10:16 PM.

#17 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:49 AM

I forgot to install this. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the fixes.

#18 Zander

Zander
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:53 AM

I just released version 2.0, with almost 40 new fixes! Hope you'll all enjoy Posted Image

Stupid question - are the patches cumulative or do I need all 3?

#19 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:23 AM

Nice work, thanks for the update. If you're expanding to the project to cover DA Nexus in a week or two like you said, don't be surprised by the attention it will get there, as it's a much less obscure site to the mainstream audience than the BioWare social projects.

Heck, If you were modding TES games, I'd say go straight for the Nexus site, as Bethesda checks the mods sometimes. I don't know if that's true of BioWare and DA Nexus though. The difference in hits & downloads between Nexus hosted mods and anything else is usually pretty impressive, although they only cover TES, FO3 and DA.

Stupid question - are the patches cumulative or do I need all 3?

You only need the latest one at any time.

#20 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:09 AM

Well your mod has travelled places. :)