Photo

Known Issues v4.1 (post bug reports here)

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#1 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:56 PM

Just setting the thread up for now. Off the top of my head, the only non-engine fix pending I can think of is the Mantuok fixes. Scient's got a few engine fixes planned.

Qwinn

#2 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:33 AM

I reported here a problem about many items having a messed up text (no line breaks). I do not know if they were like this originally or if it's even your intention to reformat those entries to the right standards but I thought it'd not hurt to make a note about it.

Thanks!

#3 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:42 PM

Oh yes, and there are the two fixes Refiler mentioned, with the Pillar of Skulls text missing on the worldmap and the other thing. Won't forget those.

Qwinn

#4 Refiler

Refiler
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:20 PM

The doll Lady of Pain. It does not work any more. I mean you can humble it as you wish but Lady will not put the Nameless One to the Maze.
The only way to get to the Maze is the mage in the Alley of Corners...

#5 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:57 PM

Actually, I recall testing the Lady of Pain doll previously, and it did work then. It just takes a LOT of uses. You have to worship it a good 20 or 30 times to make the Lady mad... you do get a different text message when you go past her breaking point, then do it one or two more times for good measure. It did get me mazed.

I'll try to test it again sometime soon.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 18 April 2010 - 12:58 PM.

#6 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:11 PM

These are all engine related bugs/UB/tweaks in my notes, if you think I am missing something let me know. But I think this just about covers it. I will update this post if new bugs are found as well as if more info is fleshed out about one listed below. Also, any new feasible UB/tweak ideas folks come up with. Down to 16 bugs, not bad. :D

• bug/tweak: quick load crash -> handle to gui component when mouse is hovered over it isn't updated properly when quick loading causing crash (look into BG1 code)
  • bug: exceptional STR revision/overhaul -> one unified function to handle mechanic (mostly finished)
  • bug: when a thief skill or spell resistance becomes greater than 127 ("char"), it will roll over to negative -> cap for thief skills (above 100 pointless), look into resists
  • bug: "Ice Knife" spell -> can give -2 THAC0 effect until death when effect should be time limited
  • bug: "Blacksphere" spell -> potential crash when triggered from trap
  • bug: "Aid" spell -> incorrect hp when cast on PC with full health (also look at similar spells which manipulate hp like embalming)
  • bug: "Fist of Iron" spell -> see if it's actually working, "to hit" isn't updated in profile when cast
  • bug: "Friend" spell -> CHR bonuses stack when should act like "Luck" spell with queue system (one instance of spell in effect at a time)
  • bug: "Infernal Shield" spell -> breaks fire resists by making them negative (stat roll over bug) so having opposite effect (fixed when roll over is sorted)
  • bug: odd behavior with RandomWalk() -> rand coordinates seem to cluster NPC's over time
  • bug: zoning via mini-map can (always?) cause some (all?) bcs scripts for area not to load (Clerk's Ward -> Drunken Mage floaty text not showing up) -> need look into more
  • bug: add check to prevent NPC's killing NPC's from modifying PC death globals (alignment hits due to Carceri citizens getting killed by NPC's)
  • bug: "remove intoxication" (0xa4) effect is supposed to remove the intoxication effect (0x5e), instead tries to remove itself (0xa4) (IWD2 for correct engine handling)
  • bug/exploit: TNO mage spells can be used as fighter/thief due to flaw in quick menu -> bring up Dak'kon/Ignus's floating menu and then clicking "Select All" and then "Cast Spell"
  • bug: some actions ignore spell pause, particularly spells which take long time to cast (NPC affected by "Litany of Curses", NPC with broken morale (fleeing), and Grace script to heal party members)
  • bug/UI: display cumulative exp for area multi-kills (mainly spells such as cloudkill) rather than individual exp from last CRE killed

• UB: match unused sound sets for PC's to suitable mechanics in engine, look into any other sound additions
  • UB: look into ambient sound hard coded in IE found in BG1/BG2 but missing in PST (GAM##) for things like doors/chests

• tweak: pressing TAB button to highlight chests/items/doors -> emulate BG2:TOB code
  • tweak: hotkey to skip spell animation
  • tweak: 1st ed D&D magic resistance

Edited by scient, 20 April 2010 - 11:22 PM.

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.

#7 -i30817-

-i30817-

Posted 25 April 2010 - 06:14 PM

Maybe something from this list of the BG engine modifications also applies to PS:T ?

http://www.shsforums...rimental-tobex/

#8 -Felipe-

-Felipe-

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

Qwinn, i sent an email to you to your account on verizon about bugs and other stuff, please, check it. ;)

#9 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:24 PM

Yup, will do, sorry, just got a lot of family over this week. Sorry for delays right now, will check it out asap.

Qwinn

#10 lac

lac
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:59 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, since this is something I have always considered a bug in the original game, not a bug in the part that you added, but I think that when you work for Craddock for a shift a certain amount of time should pass. And TNO should heal.

Also, I had a bug where Mebbeth wouldn't talk to me. Unfortunately, though I saved, when I restored the problem went away, so I don't know how I can reproduce this one for you. I remember getting this in the unmodded game occasionally as well, and leaving her hut and entering again always fixed things. I don't know whether this would have worked here as well.

#11 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:09 PM

bug: when a thief skill or spell resistance becomes greater than 127 ("char"), it will roll over to negative -> cap for thief skills (above 100 pointless),

AFAIK, both stealth and pickpocket >100 are useful to counteract penalties. Am I wrong?

#12 lac

lac
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:35 AM

Wow. There _really is_ a streaming blade for Dak'kon. And all these years I thought it was a myth because despite being exceptionally nice to Dak'kon who is one of my favourite NPCs of all games, all times, I never ever saw it. Thank you so much. :)

minor grammar error to report.

conversation choice 1 in Shaliandra's first dialog

"Who did you get this from?" should be "Whom did you get this from?", though every time I visit the USA I find fewer and fewer people using the word 'whom' at all, so much so that I suspect that 'whom' will be listed as an archaic form (or as British usage) before too many years have gone by.

Gosh I am having fun. Thank you all so much.

#13 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:00 AM

bug: when a thief skill or spell resistance becomes greater than 127 ("char"), it will roll over to negative -> cap for thief skills (above 100 pointless),

AFAIK, both stealth and pickpocket >100 are useful to counteract penalties. Am I wrong?

Correct, but values over 100% after penalties have been applied make no difference.

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.

#14 lac

lac
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:49 PM

Not sure if this is the correct place with this, but there is a bug with Anna's banters from before she joins your party. Sometimes she is in the middle of one banter when she starts another one, giving you the effect that she is saying two different things at the same time.

#15 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:53 AM

There are more instances of scrambled text: several spell description suffer the same problem that many items present (no line breaks). Also, not only the Hive thugs respawn: under the Buried Village there are four creatures (Lesser Varguilles) that respawn endlessly. Also in the Warren of Thought, Wererats respawn as well. Considering that I didn't advance yet much in the game I'd think that the disable respawning option in the PS:T Tweakpack might be a really welcome solution for people like me.

On a final note: is it possible to improve the awful path finding in the game?

Baldur's Gate has an option in the configuration menu. I didn't see one for P:T but I noticed that a value is set in the .ini file. Would raising it there be of any benefit?

Thanks!

Edited by Salk, 02 May 2010 - 03:55 AM.

#16 -Felipe-

-Felipe-

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:24 AM

Baldur's Gate has an option in the configuration menu. I didn't see one for P:T but I noticed that a value is set in the .ini file. Would raising it there be of any benefit?

yes, it would. Look at sticky topic on how to install PS:T, there you'll find a site with a hint about this. ;)

#17 -Xarn-

-Xarn-

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:25 PM

Also, not only the Hive thugs respawn: under the Buried Village there are four creatures (Lesser Varguilles) that respawn endlessly.

If we are talking about the same place, the varguiles are quest monsters and respawn only until you finish the quest. (You will need stories bones tell)

Also, can anyone tell me whether 4.1 and 4.0 saves are compatible? I noticed couple of bugs in 4.0 and would like to test them in 4.1, but I really dont feel like going through the game again up to that point.

#18 lac

lac
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:25 AM

When is 'daytime' in the Hive vs nighttime? I think I have found a restore game bug, where if you load this save, you get daylight. The first time you exit the area it becomes dark. 1:48 am seems a very odd time for darkness to fall, but then I'm used to living in a globe with 'sun visible' times centred roughly around noon. How does Sigil do this, and if this is a bug would you like a save?

Hmm. It's actually a bit weirder than that. The timestamp on the savegame says 16.48 pm, which doesn't match the time on the clock. And its a bug related to the quickload, not just loading. At any rate, when I quickload this save, I have the behaviour mentioned above. When I load wmy quicksave (same file) via the load interface, I get darkness, and it stays dark.

Edited by lac, 03 May 2010 - 12:35 AM.

#19 -Xarn-

-Xarn-

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:25 AM

Engine bug: Quickloading in last location causes mobs to respawn (you however are in the exact same shape you saved the game)

Possible bug: Is black barbed shield supposed to stack? Because since mages get item that lets them recast it indefinitely, it pretty much means permanent -10AC for them.

#20 -Xarn-

-Xarn-

Posted 03 May 2010 - 05:09 AM

Also if it was possible to tweak spellbook, because if you max out lvl 1/2 spell slots, you can easily get more slots then you can see and it makes changing your arsenal pain in the ass.