Morale reverting to 10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -Strangefruit-

-Strangefruit-

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:26 PM

Hello there.
After installing the scale of souls I've noticed that Every time I rest, the morale of my companions goes back to ten (no matter if it was above or below that). The same happens when I travel through the map, after visiting the Wards for the first time.
Is that suppossed to be that way? Is it a bug? Am I losing something important (relevant conversations and the like) because my companion's morale is always kind of neutral?
Thanks.

#2 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:31 PM

Did you start a new saved game after moral system was introduced? This should not be happening. Could you upload a saved game to rapidshare or some hosting site? Along with your WeiDu long file?

Edited by scient, 09 May 2010 - 03:32 PM.

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.

#3 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:15 PM

Were you playing with *just* the tweak, without installing my Fixpack?

Cause that's what I'm guessing from what you've described. That's the way morale works in the vanilla game. If you want that fixed, you'll need the Fixpack.

Qwinn

#4 -Strangefruit-

-Strangefruit-

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:27 AM

Were you playing with *just* the tweak, without installing my Fixpack?

Cause that's what I'm guessing from what you've described. That's the way morale works in the vanilla game. If you want that fixed, you'll need the Fixpack.

Qwinn

I installed the game a few months ago but started playing recently. Thought I had installed the fixpack, but then I remembered having some problem with it and installing just Platter's fixpack 1.37. After reading your response I reinstalled the game with your fixpack but the savegames don't seem to be compatible -no surprinsing-. I'm loving the game, but I'm not sure I feel like redoing it all over again... I know you must have worked hard to make the game look the way it really should, so asking this is somewhat unfair, but still: Is it worth it at this point? Will I miss something relevant -mainly story and stuff about the companions- because of the morale thing, or is it just a matter of enhancing abilities or Dak'kon's weapon?

Thanks.

#5 scient

scient
  • Modder
  • 1010 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:06 AM

Well, you may run into situations where NPC's are perma yellow which in some instances could be game breaking.

Edited by scient, 10 May 2010 - 04:06 AM.

Those interested in the classic TBS game Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossover should check out the unofficial patch I work on here.

#6 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:51 PM

scient, I think he's talking about continuing the game without my fixpack installed at all, which shouldn't create that problem. If all he's installed is the Scale of Souls tweak, then there shouldn't be any problems with morale, it'll just play as the vanilla game does. And yes, you'll miss out on some (not a lot) of morale-dependent dialogue and Dak'kon's weapon changes, but honestly no, that particular thing won't make a big difference. A lot of other changes in the Fixpack *do* make a big difference though.

Qwinn