Photo

Achievements Question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zander

Zander
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:06 PM

The Warden Commander achievement states that you ordered Alistair to take the final blow. Does this mean that you have to literally order Alistair to take the final blow, or are the multiple scenarios where Alistair preemts you and takes the final blow enough?

Just curious becausse I always play a male character, who always seems to rush to take the final blow.

#2 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

Actually, I've had a few instances in which my Female Warden who was romancing Alistair, had intended to take the final blow herself, but Alistair always rushes in to do it himself, no matter how she pleads, begs and orders against it. So no, sometimes Alistair has a mind of his own and supersedes you. :)

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#3 -JR-

-JR-

Machete-Wielding Historian

• Modder
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:38 PM

Alistair is such a badass.

"Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." - C.S. Lewis

#4 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:56 AM

I only played "Alistair sacrifice" once, and only in romance, so Alistair literally left me no choice, like in Eleima's post above.

I'd like to see how Alistair reacts if PC is at -100 approval with him and PC wants Alistair to take the final blow! Heheh.

#5 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:14 PM

Well my dwarf commoner chick romanced him up to the point where i told him to be king so it ended the relationship...at the end while charging the archdemon he wanted to be the one to do the final blow but I said no...which in part made me be the person to take the final blow...so unless your in a romance you can do it I would say

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#6 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:59 AM

From Jared "Echelon17" Laughlin's Dragon Age: Origins achievement guide:

Warden-Commander
In the Battle of Denerim, you must have Alistair in your main character's party, all the way up to the Fort Drakon Tower, where you will fight the Archdemon. When you finally slay him, Alistair will offer to take him down on the final blow. Let him do it, and this Achievement will be as good as yours. This will also count to the "Completionist" Achievement.

#7 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:43 AM

Just in case anyone wasn't already aware...

Spoiler

Qwinn