Win 7 64 bit + AVG Antivirus Free, installation problem & solution

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -Maale-

-Maale-

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:47 AM

Hi, I just dropped by to let you know about this issue I had, and a solution for it.

Did a clean install of PS:T (old 4cd version, to c:\games) and started adding mods using the guide by John Walker. When running your UI installer I got some "permission denied"-error and installation stopped. I found out that the resident shield of AVG Anti-Virus was the cause of this problem and after I disabled it the installation completed fine.

So this is just a heads up for people using Win 7 64 bit and AVG Antivirus.

... and if this is old news, I'm sorry. Tried quick-browsing (search didn't work atm) the forum about this but didn't find anything.

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:07 AM

Thanks for taking the trouble to post.

-Y-

#3 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:44 AM

Thanks, I think this has also been mentioned before by someone. I'll add a warning in the readme.

#4 Bernadotte

Bernadotte
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:04 AM

Was just about to post, but found this instead. Problem solved!

Thanks a lot.

#5 -Barraiya-

-Barraiya-

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:02 AM

Thanks for the heads up!

I was having the same issue.
The widescreen mod installed fine, but the Ghostdog mod had problems copying torment.exe.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 and AVG. Disabling Resident Shield during installation worked like a charm.

#6 Robercletzon

Robercletzon
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:04 AM

Finaly i found this option in AVG, and the instalation go again!
I CAN FINISH THIS GAME!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAA!

#7 -Andrej-

-Andrej-

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:19 AM

Hi, I just dropped by to let you know about this issue I had, and a solution for it.

Did a clean install of PS:T (old 4cd version, to c:\games) and started adding mods using the guide by John Walker. When running your UI installer I got some "permission denied"-error and installation stopped. I found out that the resident shield of AVG Anti-Virus was the cause of this problem and after I disabled it the installation completed fine.

So this is just a heads up for people using Win 7 64 bit and AVG Antivirus.

... and if this is old news, I'm sorry. Tried quick-browsing (search didn't work atm) the forum about this but didn't find anything.

#8 ThunderPeel2001

ThunderPeel2001
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:24 AM

Added this tip to the Ultimate Guide. Thanks, Maale!