Keiria and Skeezer already present in chapter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 12:40 AM

I started a new DSoTSC-NToTSC game, and as soon as I reached the Carnival, I immediately met both Keiria (?) and Skeezer; although my party was only level 1-2, they were already level 5 and 4-5. This seemed quite strange and 'cheaty' to me.

I read, here, that (at least in the old versions) they shouldn't have appeared until the next chapter (I had just arrived to Nashkel for the first time). Of course, I can just ignore them until it's the right moment, but I think there should be something to 'hide' them until I have cleared Nashkel mines, or there should be a less powerful version, as playing with them in the first chapters is quite boring...

Here's my WeiDU log, in case some later mod has changed something:[attachment=20301:WeiDU.log]

(The turambar mod just copies two items from an old tbg mods into the override folder, it's very simple and does not patch anything, I just used Weidu to uninstall it more easily)

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:54 AM

Looking at their spawn script, they both spawn according to the level of your PC when you FIRST visit the carnival :P

Skeezer -
level 4 (if you're level <6)
level 6 (otherwise)

Keira -
level 5 (if you're level <6)
level 7 (otherwise)

No chapter conditions or anything :unsure:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:55 AM

I started a new DSoTSC-NToTSC game, and as soon as I reached the Carnival, I immediately met both Keiria (?) and Skeezer; although my party was only level 1-2, they were already level 5 and 4-5. This seemed quite strange and 'cheaty' to me.

I read, here, that (at least in the old versions) they shouldn't have appeared until the next chapter (I had just arrived to Nashkel for the first time). Of course, I can just ignore them until it's the right moment, but I think there should be something to 'hide' them until I have cleared Nashkel mines, or there should be a less powerful version, as playing with them in the first chapters is quite boring...

Here's my WeiDU log, in case some later mod has changed something:[attachment=20301:WeiDU.log]

(The turambar mod just copies two items from an old tbg mods into the override folder, it's very simple and does not patch anything, I just used Weidu to uninstall it more easily)

Shortly I will be releasing a new version which allows the player to choose NPC proficiences, and they will level up from level zero to match the party. Hopefully that will be during the begining of summer.

It takes a village...