Multiclassed Multikit Builder Mod [experimental]

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#361 -Piter-

-Piter-

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:57 AM

"WARNING: possible missing EVALUATE_BUFFER in"

https://www.dropbox....IKIT.DEBUG?dl=0

Does that mean something is wrong? It is EET installed by Big World Setup slightly modified "recomended" selection

#362 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:24 PM

"WARNING: possible missing EVALUATE_BUFFER in"

https://www.dropbox....IKIT.DEBUG?dl=0

Does that mean something is wrong? It is EET installed by Big World Setup slightly modified "recomended" selection
Nah, it's just a warning that I have no idea where it is coming from. tbh I could edit the code to avoid it but it works fine as-is so I'm not touching it.

#363 -Piter-

-Piter-

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:53 AM

There is still error somewhere. I just tried both 0.27.9 and 0.27.8 version creating Kensai/Mage/Swashbuckler and Kensai/Ilusionist/Swasbuckler and either using base HLA table or creating custom one. Still no HLA gained at level up. 

EET Instalation

#364 -Piter-

-Piter-

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:13 AM

In every case hero gains "scribe scrolls" ability once when reaching 3000000xp

#365 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

Have you tried a few more levels up ?
As you might have installed a mod that ups the MULTI class HLA acquirement level. You can open the LUNUMAB.2da and find what those actually are in YOUR game.

Edited by The Imp, 09 April 2017 - 02:24 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#366 -piter-

-piter-

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:33 AM

I tried all the way to level 50. Also without applying kits (plain f/m/t) it work as it should be. 

#367 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:12 AM

Do you have aTweaks installed?
There is still error somewhere. I just tried both 0.27.9 and 0.27.8 version creating Kensai/Mage/Swashbuckler and Kensai/Ilusionist/Swasbuckler and either using base HLA table or creating custom one. Still no HLA gained at level up.

EET Instalation
Fixed. Now I've tested it.
Get WeiDU from http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/
And the mod from here.

Edited by Crevs Daak, 11 April 2017 - 08:13 AM.

#368 -Piter-

-Piter-

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:21 AM

Thanks a lot. You just made my day ;) Working as intended. You were also right about aTweaks I didn't thought of that ;)

#369 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:09 PM

Fixed. Now I've tested it.
Get ...
Or if you are really lazy, like someone is... points at the picture next to his post.

Attached Files

Edited by The Imp, 15 April 2017 - 12:10 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#370 -Piter-

-Piter-

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:07 AM

New bug. I created dwarven Archer/Latchander Cleric. No to hit/damage bonuses from archer levels for slings. Also there is another minor bug. Mod can't enforce archer/cleric proficiency restrictions. It allows all weapons/styles as per normal plain ranger.  It should be 3* dual wielding, 2* slings, 1* everything else. Btw item restriction are in place and working. 

#371 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:38 PM

New bug. I created dwarven Archer/Latchander Cleric. No to hit/damage bonuses from archer levels for slings. Also there is another minor bug. Mod can't enforce archer/cleric proficiency restrictions. It allows all weapons/styles as per normal plain ranger.  It should be 3* dual wielding, 2* slings, 1* everything else. Btw item restriction are in place and working. 
Could you please post your WeiDU.log? Is it vanilla? Which game?

#372 -Piter-

-Piter-

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:29 PM

https://www.dropbox....7O7UpPX16a?dl=0

It is EET I uploaded all logs including BGIEE.

#373 -FRUTZK-

-FRUTZK-

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:37 PM

Hi Crevs Daak! Thanks for your amazing work on this already fantastic mod. In the past I've gotten this working without any issues, your version and the original. I've only recently tried to install on BGEE after installing the BG2Tweaks pack.

I'm able to create the multikits without problems, but installing them does not work. I get this error message.

error; unix.unix_error(20, "stat", "")

And then I have to quit the install. Do you have any idea what this could be? Or is the multikit only working for BG2?

#374 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:53 PM

Hi Crevs Daak! Thanks for your amazing work on this already fantastic mod. In the past I've gotten this working without any issues, your version and the original. I've only recently tried to install on BGEE after installing the BG2Tweaks pack.
I'm able to create the multikits without problems, but installing them does not work. I get this error message.

I foresee that specifics could be useful. You have BGEE, is it with the Siege of the ... DLC, and in that cause have you installed the Modmerger from the laserbeamdog forum ? :tease:
What mix of classes was this with ? And kits ?

#375 -FRUTZK-

-FRUTZK-

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:07 PM

I foresee that specifics could be useful. You have BGEE, is it with the Siege of the ... DLC, and in that cause have you installed the Modmerger from the laserbeamdog forum ? :tease:
What mix of classes was this with ? And kits ?

Hi Imp, thanks for the quick response.

I've got all EE versions of all games, but I've only installed BGEE at the moment. I don't use modmerger from the forums at all, just standard weidu and I've never had any issues before.

With the multikit mod I've never had any issues with just using a dual class/multi with two options, and have ALWAYS had difficulty with 3 options eg.. kensai/necromancer/assassin.

One kit for example is an OP favourite, the Kensai/Swashie, usually works but now does not.

error; unix.unix_error(20, "stat", "")

That's the error I'm getting. This mod should work with BGEE right? I'm pretty sure I've had it working before.

Cheers guys.

#376 Crumshaw

Crumshaw
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:32 AM

I think I might be encountering the same issue as -FRUTZK- here. I'm also getting the message Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "") when trying to install the kits themselves. As far as I can tell, all the other steps (like Install Component [Core Multikit Files]) are working fine.

My initial thought was that there was some instability from interacting with other mods so I tried out a few combinations, but there was no improvement (admittedly, there's a lot of fiddling I could still do, but very much an amateur here and not sure where to start). I also tried reinstalling everything from the ground up, but that didn't help either.

The log I've got here shows the happening for each of six attempts. First, I tied my initial build (Kensai/Conjurer/Swashbuckler), then Priest of Talos/Archer because it didn't share any of the same classes, then Kensai/Conjurer, Kensai/Conjurer/Thief, Conjurer/Swashbuckler, and Kensai/Swashbuckler for a bit more data.

Spoiler

I doubt this is relevant, but, when using BiG World Setup to install the mod, the process ended after installing the builder and creating the kits but without letting me try to install them. I had to go into the game folder and run WeiDU to attempt kit installation. I've never used this mod before so that might be intended, but I thought I'd point it out just in case.

Thanks for all the work you guys've done by the way. After I spotted this mod, I got really excited about tinkering with some builds again.

Edited by Crumshaw, 05 June 2017 - 02:38 AM.

#377 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:02 AM

This is the part that's useful out of all of that:

Install Component ['SkaldingHot' multikit]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
Installing ['SkaldingHot' multikit] [v0.27.10]
Defined Inlined File [.../fl#inlined/null.file] (length 0)
[m7multikit/lib/multikit.tpp] parsed
Clearing the IDS map.
[*.IDS] forgotten
[./override/SPECIFIC.IDS] loaded, 599 bytes
[SPECIFIC.IDS] parsed
[./override/CLASS.IDS] loaded, 2213 bytes
[CLASS.IDS] parsed
[./override/clabma01.2da] loaded, 6080 bytes
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/clabma01.2da] loaded, 6080 bytes
[.../WEIDU_NAMESPACE/tb#pretty_print.tpp] parsed
Copied [clabma01.2da] to [override/clabma00.2da]
[./override/clabfi01.2da] loaded, 4469 bytes
[./override/clabfi01.2da] loaded, 4469 bytes
Copied [clabfi01.2da] to [override/clabfi00.2da]
[./override/clabpr01.2da] loaded, 4021 bytes
[./override/clabpr01.2da] loaded, 4021 bytes
Copied [clabpr01.2da] to [override/clabpr00.2da]
[./override/clabth01.2da] loaded, 3993 bytes
[./override/clabth01.2da] loaded, 3993 bytes
Copied [clabth01.2da] to [override/clabth00.2da]
[./override/clabba01.2da] loaded, 4629 bytes
[./override/clabba01.2da] loaded, 4629 bytes
Copied [clabba01.2da] to [override/clabba00.2da]
[./override/clabpa01.2da] loaded, 5487 bytes
[./override/clabpa01.2da] loaded, 5487 bytes
Copied [clabpa01.2da] to [override/clabpa00.2da]
[./override/clabdr01.2da] loaded, 3994 bytes
[./override/clabdr01.2da] loaded, 3994 bytes
Copied [clabdr01.2da] to [override/clabdr00.2da]
[./override/clabrn01.2da] loaded, 4469 bytes
[./override/clabrn01.2da] loaded, 4469 bytes
Copied [clabrn01.2da] to [override/clabrn00.2da]
[./override/clabma00.2da] loaded, 6070 bytes
[./override/clabmo01.2da] loaded, 7757 bytes
[./override/clabmo01.2da] loaded, 7757 bytes
Copied [clabmo01.2da] to [override/clabmo00.2da]
[./override/kitlist.2da] loaded, 7037 bytes
[./override/kitlist.2da] loaded, 7037 bytes
[./override/luabbr.2da] loaded, 1583 bytes
[./override/luabbr.2da] loaded, 1583 bytes
ERROR: error loading []
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing ['SkaldingHot' multikit], rolling back to previous state
Unable to Unlink [m7multikit/backup-kits/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "m7multikit/backup-kits/0/OTHER.0")
[m7multikit/backup-kits/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall   9 files for [./m7multikit/multikits.tp2] component 0.
Uninstalled      9 files for [./m7multikit/multikits.tp2] component 0.

And the error you face is the one I made to be in bold.

The rest is just uninstall debug that's usually not useful. Well besides seeing how it was made... especially the several identical lists of *setup-* debugs, are completely useless.

#378 Crumshaw

Crumshaw
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:57 AM

Thanks for the explanation, Imp.

Heh, yea, I figured most of that would be superfluous, but I wasn't certain so I tried to summarize what I'd done.

Well... I can tell without looking that "error loading []" isn't going to help narrow things down for google. Is there any effective means of troubleshooting I can do to provide more data? I'm at a bit of a loss here.

#379 -FRUTZK-

-FRUTZK-

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:44 PM

Hey guys, I still can't get the latest version to work, even on the vanilla install!

1. Extract m7multikit folder and create WEIDU setup-m7multikit application and drag to BGEE folder
  2. Run Setup
  3. Create fighter/thief
  4. Pick Kensai
  5. Pick Swashie
  6. Type name to appear in Character Record
  7. Type 5+characters for multikit
  8. Try to Install, it begins to copy files and then reaches ERROR error; unix.unix_error(20, "stat", "")
  9. Experience frustration

I've create the kit I want. KENSAI/SWASHIE, no issues, then trying to install, I still get error; unix.unix_error(20, "stat", "")

Is someone able to run me through what files I need in the install folder? Please, I'll be your friend.

Thanks.

#380 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:13 AM

Which archive are you using ? Cause the latest version worked fine on my BG2EE game.

End of the .debug log:

Spoiler

I suppose that you Crumshaw didn't have a clean install as it gives this:

What should be done with all components that are NOT YET installed?

[I]nstall them, [S]kip them, [A]sk about each one? SETUP-WEIDU.TP2 0 0 Installed

Aka you might need to uninstall all the MMBM components, then exit the dos-window, go to the game folder, remove the mod folder and re-extract the files so you have a clean m7multikit folder with the above link, then run the setup-file to make the kits and then install them.

Edited by The Imp, 06 June 2017 - 02:26 AM.