Game Won't Start After BiG World Install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 whatistopat

whatistopat
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

Hey there,

My tobexloader.exe won't start the game, neither will the BGmain.exe after I have successfully installed the standard pack with the BiG World installer. They both will load for a few seconds, then flash a black screen up before quitting without an error. I have searched the forum and changed my tobexloader.ini song200 to enabled, and still have had no luck. I have fiddled with compatibility settings and such with the executable files themselves, with no luck.

I am running Windows 7, 64 bit.

I used the Standard setup, and the install went without any significant hitches.

Any ideas guys? I really don't want to reinstall the whole thing, and I haven't messed with any mods to try and fix it yet, I am hoping there is a simple fix.

I have attached my weidu.log and my baldur.ini in text form. Any help is greatly appreciated guys - I am itching to play.

Edited by whatistopat, 19 June 2010 - 01:12 AM.

#2 whatistopat

whatistopat
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:43 AM

Solved my own problem guys. For anyone looking for an answer, my widescreen mod resolution of 1440 x 900 was crashing the exe before it could even open. I reinstalled my widescreen mod from the setup_widescreen.exe and changed it 1680 x 1050, and it now works perfectly. Make sure you select [R]e-install instead of hitting [1] once you launch the setup exe or it will mess up your install.