Photo

I have all these mods in the BGII - SoA folder

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 waargrin

waargrin
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:45 AM

I have attached a screenshot showing the problem.  on the left you see the BWS command line running and it has a list of mods that it says are not in my BGII - SoA folder.  On the right you see my BGII - SoA folder with serveral of these very same mods clearly IN that folder.

if i run one of these mod applications, it goes through the whole process of setting it up right there, and that cant be rioght, whats the point of the BWP then?  if i run one of the mod applications in a separate folder it gives me an error saying it is in the wrong folder (and thats right, it is!)

what am i supposed to be doing here?

Attached Files

#2 waargrin

waargrin
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:53 AM

ok, i think i might have figured this out. i need to run those applications and they create set-mod, mod folder, and sometimwes some other files. but if i run them in a folder without dialog.tlk, they just create those files and folders and dont actually run their setup.exe

so i made a temporary folder in my BGII - SoA folder and stashed my dialog.tlk in there, then ran all of these mod applications in my BGII - SoA folder and let the command line app run through to its error, then closed each command line.

now its right?

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:01 AM

now its right?

Yes... and you could keep the dialog.tlk in the same folder... as long as you remember to not install a-thing... and you do that with the Q.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 24 June 2010 - 10:02 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#4 waargrin

waargrin
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:19 AM

No it is not right.

so now i see that, for example, "Stuff of the Magi" mod comes to me as a zipped file. i had extracted this file into my BGII - SoA folder, and thought that was all i needed to do. however, that was one of the mods on the list that was mods that were not present. so i opened the folder called "Stuff of the Nagi v4" and inside were a ffolder called Stuff of the Magi and a setup file and another file. So i brought those outside of the folder they were in and into the BGII - SoA folder and repeated the check in the BW Installer and now it sees Stuff of the MAgi.

So that means I have to just GUESS which mods are allowed to stay in their folder and which mods i have to bring outside? that is going to be very hard!

#5 waargrin

waargrin
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:21 AM

hey Jarno :) thanks for any input! i'm still having isues here, but i assume its because i am missing some simple factoid

#6 waargrin

waargrin
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:22 AM

now its right?

Yes... and you could keep the dialog.tlk in the same folder... as long as you remember to not install a-thing... and you do that with the Q.

Ahhhhhhhh...guh? whats a-thing? whats Q? sorry, i am not a modder, just want to play this game with all these awesome things that you folks have made :)

#7 waargrin

waargrin
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:28 AM

heres a good example: i have two bonehiull folders:
bonehill
bonehillv275
and
setup-bonehillv275
and
setup-bonehill275.tp2
all in my BGII - SoA folder,

but BWP does not see bonehill

if i just take all those files out of their folder, i am sure that will be a big mess.

#8 waargrin

waargrin
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:35 AM

rawr!

that was a bad example! bad!

bonehill IS recognized: its called Secret of Bonehill...sneaky!

now i will go see if this is a typical problem!

#9 waargrin

waargrin
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:36 AM

rawr!

#10 waargrin

waargrin
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:37 AM

rawr!

#11 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:39 AM

heres a good example: i have two bonehiull folders:
bonehill
bonehillv275
and
setup-bonehillv275
and
setup-bonehill275.tp2
all in my BGII - SoA folder,

but BWP does not see bonehill

if i just take all those files out of their folder, i am sure that will be a big mess.

Well, all I can say is that the default way the files need to be extracted is that they are not extracted into a their own folders, but into the game folder... so when you open up the Bonehillv275.rar, it will give you exactly three files that you can extract into the extraction target, so you re-give the target that is your game folder, not to the default target... blah blah blah, or you just use the BWS to do the downloading, the extraction and the installation... you just better enable the "further customization of your mod-setup" so you can actually see what mods you wish to install. By the way, you should enable the file extensions so you can actually see what is a .exe and what's not. You can do that from the "Organize" selections.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 24 June 2010 - 10:42 AM.

#12 waargrin

waargrin
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:06 AM

ok, also figured out that some of these mods are defaulting to installing in a different folder, so that was causing BG1UB to not appear, and a couple others.

now i have

BDASH168.exe in BGII - SoA folder
I run it, make sure it is installing in the BGII - SoA folder, and it runs, but BWP does not recognize it as being there when I do the check again....still working on it, but my lack of experience with this stuff is telling me that i am probably missing something stupid, any hints?

#13 waargrin

waargrin
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:10 AM

oh fooey

i figured out the bdash one too.

i should just not post questions. instead i should write the question out on a peice of paper and then sit there and wait for a minute untilk i figure it out. sorry for wasting your time

if i come up with a real question, i'll be back :)

you guys rock by the way, this is impressive stuff

#14 waargrin

waargrin
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:24 PM

OK, now i have a real question:

I plan on eventually playing an evil character through this, so i am thinking ahead and i want to be able to keep Drizzts items, not have Malchor come and take them. but BWP does not install this (per the pdf cqalled biG World v9.1).

i found the place in the BiG World Install.bat where this should be addressed, but it is not there. In the pdf, that is component 3160 and 3170 in the draw avatars in the underdark component. In the .bat, i can find 3170, but no mention of 3160.

How do i get it to install this component?

#15 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

How do i get it to install this component?

Well, you add in the number 3160 to the right place... it's as simple as that... but to make sure, copy the line you intend to edit and I'll conform that how you should do it, if you cannot make it out of this, if you can, well, then send in the already edited version, of the line.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 24 June 2010 - 12:31 PM.

#16 waargrin

waargrin
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:17 PM

so i just type in "3160" somewhere, that doesnt seem right. shouldnt i have to tell it what choice to make?

#17 waargrin

waargrin
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:43 PM

how about:

%IFES%BG2_Tweaks%S%BG2_Tweaks%L%0%SK% 2300 3031 3050 3060 3121 3125 3160 --logapp | %M%

so it just affirms any number component that you mention?
if thats right, then:

%IFES%BG2_Tweaks%S%BG2_Tweaks%L%0%SK% 2300 3031 3050 3060 3125 3160 --logapp | %M%

removed 3121 now it doesnt install the thing where npcs cant leave when pissed at me.

also:

%IFES%BG2_Tweaks%S%BG2_Tweaks%L%0%SK% 1180 2040 2050 2090 2161 2192 --logapp | %M%

added 2161 because i want the old style weapon proficiencies

and:
%IFES%BG2_Tweaks%S%BG2_Tweaks%L%0%SK% 4000 4010 4031 4041 4050 4061 4071 4100 4110 --logapp | %M%
got rid of 3190 cause i dont think i should be able to rest in a store

maybe some more i might do

#18 waargrin

waargrin
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:27 PM

well, i am going ahead, i think my changes are going to be fine.

as i got going, the BWP installer says that it is going to be going for a while...but then it starts asking me to Press Enter to Continue. it looks like it is doing this about 3 or 4 times for every mod, it keeps telling me General Input Options, Log Options, Comparison Options and so on. i have to hit enter for every one for every mod...this seems clunky, especially since i dont know what its even talking about, so why do i care? did i do somehting wrong?

#19 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:30 PM

how about:

Good!!!11!!

so it just affirms any number component that you mention?

Yes.

if thats right, then:
and:

Yes, yes, and yes...

also:
%IFES%BG2_Tweaks%S%BG2_Tweaks%L%0%SK% 1180 2040 2050 2090 2161 2192 --logapp | %M%
added 2161 because i want the old style weapon proficiencies

Erhm, I wouldn't recommend that, because it's as buggy as hell... and that's bad.

...this seems clunky, especially since i dont know what its even talking about, so why do i care? did i do somehting wrong?

Probably, take a screen shot, upload the image into here, and copy the direct link into the address in this:
[img]http://--address[/img]

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 24 June 2010 - 02:34 PM.

#20 waargrin

waargrin
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

well, whatever, its done now.....at the end of the pdf it says to use TOBexLoader to start the game, but that file is where? not in my BGII - SoA folder...

how do i start the game?