Photo

Odd Dependencies

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Iecerint

Iecerint
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

I'm trying a BWS that incorporates Divine Remix rather than Spell Revisions, so I'm trying to include some SCS2 content that normally conflicts with SRs. Oddly, BWS claims that all these SCS2 components conflict with one another:

1. Allow Spellstrike to penetrate PfM scrolls.
2. Antimagic penetrates invisibility
3. Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin.
4. Blade Barrier et al only affect hostiles.
5. Make Power Word: Blind single-target
6. Slightly increase power of Mantle et al.

Also, BP-Balancer's "Item and XP Balancing for DSotSC" conflicts with "dependency removed due to translation," which seems like a glitch I can ignore.

I'm going to install it as-is and hope nothing explodes. Let me know if these are known glitches and/or legit ones.

Side-question -- certain spells have looked really bizarre in my recent installs, but I never had this problem before (e.g. with Tutu). For example, the Missile component of Magic Missile appears as red squares, there's a generalized stutter when the screen is moved, water looks a little odd, the Fog of War is odd, the chanting phase of magic casting is a black-and-white haze. Do these symptoms sound familiar? Someone on G3 suggested it might be my graphics card, but I have ATI Radeon 3xxx, which doesn't appear to be one that's historically problematic.

Thanks for any help. I'll let you know if the (erroneous?) conflicts appear to introduce new problems.

Edit: Something funky already -- I needed to manually install a handful of quest mods this time around, and read all the readmes. O_O'

Edit2: The LR-Warning indicated in this thread (http://www.shsforums...ugs-in-the-bwp/) appears.

Edit3: The game runs fine. All the graphical weirdness is solved, too, except for Magic Missile, which still looks like funny squares. :(

Edit4: I just needed to mess with the configuration a bit. You forget the simple things... <_<

AT LONG LAST, MY BWS INSTALLATION IS COMPLETE!

Now to actually play the game~! ^^

Thanks for putting up with me over the past few days.

Edited by Iecerint, 04 August 2010 - 12:22 AM.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:49 AM

Side-question -- certain spells have looked really bizarre in my recent installs, but I never had this problem before (e.g. with Tutu). For example, the Missile component of Magic Missile appears as red squares, there's a generalized stutter when the screen is moved, water looks a little odd, the Fog of War is odd, the chanting phase of magic casting is a black-and-white haze. Do these symptoms sound familiar? Someone on G3 suggested it might be my graphics card, but I have ATI Radeon 3xxx, which doesn't appear to be one that's historically problematic.

Edit3: The game runs fine. All the graphical weirdness is solved, too, except for Magic Missile, which still looks like funny squares. :(
Edit4: I just needed to mess with the configuration a bit. You forget the simple things... <_<

???
So how did you solve the problem? With the help of this thread ? Yeah, even though it says NVidia cards, my Ati card runs really well with those settings, that I left there after I updated my card(From an NVidia 8500 card to Ati 4890 card ...)

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Iecerint

Iecerint
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:22 AM

All I did was increase performance under the Bioware-provided config file.  It's such a basic thing that I didn't even consider it as something that could cause graphical glitches as categorical as I had been seeing (e.g. the Magic Missile business).  But it fixed everything.

The main reason I was able to fix it is that I've secretly wanted to play with Divine Remix all this time, so I was always a little ambivalent about my prior installs (which lacked it due to SR being default), but I was somewhat more motivated to play around a little to make it work this time. ^^

#4 Iecerint

Iecerint
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:34 AM

Ick.  I just realized that I have "NPCs angry but never leave" instead of "NPCs never angry about reputation" installed.  Why you would ever do that is sort of beyond me; Jaheira says she loves you and won't go to an inn if you have the former already, so it's not like there's a difference in suspension of disbelief or anything.

Anyway -- I tried sneaking that in, and I let the installer go until it was like 28 GB, and then I decided to stop it.  New installation time!

I figure I might add in a font mod this time, since BWS doesn't have one.  The manual says you should read the "Last Settings" chapter, but there's no such chapter in the manual.  Could anyone let me know what fonts they've successfully installed on top of BWS in the past?  Thanks.

Edit: Is there a reason the BG1 "Make Cloakwood accesssible early" options aren't selectable?  It's nice to run in and take care of Coran. :(

Edited by Iecerint, 05 August 2010 - 03:35 AM.

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:17 AM

Edit: Is there a reason the BG1 "Make Cloakwood accesssible early" options aren't selectable? It's nice to run in and take care of Coran. :(

Well, the "BG1NPC Project v17"'s "Open Cloakwood Lodge (first Cloakwood area only)" should be installed... the thing is that Coran is not in that area.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 05 August 2010 - 04:24 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#6 Iecerint

Iecerint
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:21 AM

Huh?  It wasn't available on my map.  I even tried approaching Cloakwood from different maps to see if I could get it to show up.  No go.

Also, if you just have the first Cloakwood map, don't you run into the problem where you can't complete Coran's quest in a timely fashion?

Edit: Eh?  A mod moves Coran around?

Edited by Iecerint, 05 August 2010 - 12:16 PM.