Map problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -Silverstar-

-Silverstar-

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:41 AM

In my previous game, I had DSotSC and NToSC installed in my BGT game, but I have ignored read me and did not install the world map, so when I received quests from Jet and the farmer in the zombie infested map, my map did not update to show new locations of Fields of the Dead and Jet's undead-forest-maps. I used CLUA console to travel through the maps to do quests but it became frustrating. Checking forums, I found my mistake and uninstalled your mods. Got the world map, installed it, then re-installed DSotSC and NToSC AND started a new game. Killed Davaeorn as usual and talked to both quest givers in BG area and Ulgoth's Beard, did farmer's zombie quest and it said my world map ws updated. Thus I try to enter Fields of Dead by going north in the zombie-farm map, but my map still does not update, there is no new location. Also I got Jet, travelled to Peldvale, and found the 'entrance' to the east, but my world map still did not update.

What did I do wrong? Should the world map be installed AFTER DSotSC and NToSC because I installed it before them. What can I do to fix the problem, without starting a new game AGAIN as I certainly don't want that.

Lastly, if all else fails, can some one give me the area codes of quest locations I need to go in order, since my map is broken, I can use CLUA to enjoy new areas and quests in that way.

Thanks all in advance.

Weidu:
Spoiler

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:05 AM

Should the world map be installed AFTER DSotSC and NToSC ?

Yes.

The map links for DSotSC's are simply "DSC***" where the *** is a number between 001 and 037. The NTotSC are a little tricky, but you can find then too in here, of course the descriptions are in German.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 06 August 2010 - 02:20 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 -Silverstar-

-Silverstar-

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:27 AM

Agh I should have known that! Was it specified in the readme or did I miss it? I guess if I uninstall/reinstall in correct order now, I would still need to start a new game, which I can't afford really. (already did once)

Thanks for the pointers, yeah Dark side areas are rather straightforward, but Northern areas will be difficult, I will have to see vi trial/error and hope for the best. That is, if some one can give me the area codes for them in correct order, that would be awesome. Like, I have no idea what the code is for Fields of the Dead, to save children from orcs.

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:28 AM

Agh I should have known that! Was it specified in the readme or did I miss it? I guess if I uninstall/reinstall in correct order now, I would still need to start a new game, which I can't afford really.

Well, it might be better just to go with what you already have, although you will probably have more bugs coming with the current install, as the most correct install order is in the BWP documents(English, German, Spanish) ... of course for you to use that, it's suggested that you wwill use the BWS or the BWS beta with it too as it automates the whole setup and install process.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.