Crashes, talks, and miscellaneous bugs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 -Lae-

-Lae-

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

For some reason or the other, I haven't been able to play SoA since I installed BG1 Trilogy (and the NPC Project, I installed it before I even played the game). When I try to start a new game, the beggining sequence never ends, because Irenicus never appears. I just get to look at my PC standing in her cage- there's no way to skip this sequence (at least none that I know of) so I'm pretty much screwed.
So I decided to load up one of my games in Irenicus's Dungeon- it bothered me, because I have Dungeon-Be-Gone installed and I did NOT want to play through the 2nd level again, but I decided to make the sacrifice. Problem is, I can't move! Why? Jaheira keeps talking to me for no apparent reason. Well, actually she doesn't even talk to me- you know that option in BG1 NPC Project where you could initiate dialogue with your companions to ask them about themeselves and such? Well, it keeps firing up. I close it, it fires up again. It's SO ANNOYING. Much to my displeasure, I kicked her out of my party, but then the "So you're back, are you coming to pick me up blah blah blah" talk is the one that keeps firing. So doesn't matter whether I have her in my party or not, she isn't allowing me to move. I thought that perhaps I could CTRL+Y her, but I really don't want to because Jaheira is a must in my party.
Last but not least, I CAN'T EVEN PLAY ATHKATLA. Yes, it's been some time since I last tried, but the game kept crashing every time I tried to leave Amn. D'Arnise hold, Trademeet, Windspear Hills- you name it, it crashed.

I'm desperate, people. What can I do? Is there any way to solve this, or do I have to uninstall BG1 or/and the NPC Project?

Just in case it helps, here are my mods and the order of install (more or less):
- Xan Romance
- Edwin Romance
- Dungeon-Be-Gone
- BG1 WAS INSTALLED HERE (with the G3 Fixpack)
- NPC Project

And that's it. I also added some custom portraits, but I don't think that counts.
Thanks very much,

- Lae.

P.S: With my luck, this question has probably been asked a gazillion times before, but the site's not allowing me to use the search tool. Excuse me if this question has already been answered.
P.S.S: As you might have realized, English is not my first language. Or my second. Or my third. So excuse any mistakes I might have made, and if you don't understand what I mean, I'll try to explain myself.

#2 Lurker of the north

Lurker of the north

Permanently temporary

• 97 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:24 PM

I installed it before I even played the game

That might be it right there. I'm sure that there are install-guides around these fora, but to make it short:
Once you have installed BG1 + TotSC & BG2 + ToB, you should start a new game on each respectively (bg1&2 might suffice?) and get a save made.(auto/quick, doesn't matter)

-You should do the above BEFORE installing any mods, otherwise (as i've gathered from around here somewhere) some needed files won't be written, which in turn leads to a faulty install... -I'm sorry to say, but you just might need to reinstall from scratch.
(Don't take my word for it though, get a second opinion first.)
LotN

#3 -Lae-

-Lae-

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:01 PM

I installed it before I even played the game

That might be it right there. I'm sure that there are install-guides around these fora, but to make it short:
Once you have installed BG1 + TotSC & BG2 + ToB, you should start a new game on each respectively (bg1&2 might suffice?) and get a save made.(auto/quick, doesn't matter)

-You should do the above BEFORE installing any mods, otherwise (as i've gathered from around here somewhere) some needed files won't be written, which in turn leads to a faulty install... -I'm sorry to say, but you just might need to reinstall from scratch.
(Don't take my word for it though, get a second opinion first.)

Heh, it wasn't literal. I DID start the game before I installed it, so that I could see if everything was fine. Actually I played until the Friendly Arm Inn with no mods, then I closed and installed the mod. I just meant that I installed it after 5 minutes of vanilla gameplay. Sorry if I wasn't very clear, and thanks for the answer anyway!

#4 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

Can you post your Weidu log in spoiler tags?
And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice
-- "Nothing's gonna change my clothes", They Might Be Giants

#5 -Lae-

-Lae-

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

Sure.

Spoiler

#6 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:14 PM

Gah! You definitely need to reinstall. The fact that it's showing question marks in place of Edwin Romance and Dungeon-be-gone components is very bad indeed. For future reference, you should install the BG2 Fixpack, then the Trilogy, then Edwin Romance, BG1 NPC, Banter Pack, and Viconia Friendship, in that order.
And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice

#7 -Lae-

-Lae-

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

Aww, man. That sucks.

Can't I just uninstall all the mods, then uninstall BG1, then reinstall them all again without uninstalling BG2? Because it'll take me a long time to find the BG2 CDs.

(Thanks for the answers btw!)

#8 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:33 PM

Um...don't know if this'll work, but uninstall all mods, delete your weidu log, and download the clean backup from here.

#9 Iecerint

Iecerint
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

If you made a BG2 backup, you should be able to restore from the backup with minimal fuss.