Gibberlings Three is down :(

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 lkrawczyk

lkrawczyk
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:24 AM

Hello everyone!

Since Gibberlings Three seem to have some problems with their hosting service at this moment, I wanted to ask if someone have alternative download link for Baldur's Gate 2 Fixpack v9. IEGMC mirrors have only the previous version of it. Thanks for your help.

#2 lkrawczyk

lkrawczyk
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:40 AM

I found it :)

http://wrota.cob.net..._fixpack-v9.exe

#3 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:15 AM

For reasons such as this, this is why I offered a mirrored site for all of the communities that no one has bothered to take up on.
Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:50 AM

For reasons such as this, this is why I offered a mirrored site for all of the communities that no one has bothered to take up on.

Including the German one... kidding a bit, but back to the point dabus might not have seen that, or the BWS team, as it used to use it's own list until Leomar went to his travels.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

Well, I don't have write access to the download-list, so I can't update it.
(And I don't want to have that permission, either.)

If someone from g3 or any other site approves a mirror, I don't mind replacing the old URL used in the BWS own list/file. But I guess giving those guys some time to breathe and maybe make a statement somewhere should be fine right now.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#6 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

Announcement by berelinde at pocketplane: http://forums.pocket...c,27362.0.htmll

Temporary mirror: http://www.tolkienac.../g3_mirror.html

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#7 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:15 PM

Unfortunately, I was only able to upload mods that are currently resident on my hard drive. The list does not include SCS/SCSII, which is unfortunate.

Theacefes does not anticipate the site to be down long, but even one day without the fixpack is too long.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#8 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:56 PM

Unfortunately, I was only able to upload mods that are currently resident on my hard drive. The list does not include SCS/SCSII, which is unfortunate.

Theacefes does not anticipate the site to be down long, but even one day without the fixpack is too long.

Backups of my mods at

http://users.ox.ac.u...s/scsII-v13.exe

http://users.ox.ac.u...scs/scs-v14.exe

http://users.ox.ac.u...s/wheels-v2.exe

Berelinde, feel free to pick up and add to your mirror if you want to.

#9 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:01 PM

Thanks! I'll download/upload them at once. I'd like to give people the option to get all their G3 mods in one spot. Ideally, that would be G3, but in the interim, this will do.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#10 -Jacob-

-Jacob-

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:42 PM

Thanks! I'll download/upload them at once. I'd like to give people the option to get all their G3 mods in one spot. Ideally, that would be G3, but in the interim, this will do.

#11 -Jacob-

-Jacob-

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:45 PM

Hello everyone.

Thank you all for this! I hope the skills you have practiced on this are financially fruitful in the future.

Could we torrent these files? I have crap upload, but I will be happy to take my downloaded files and a supplied torrent file, and help seeeed =)

#12 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9200 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:01 PM

Unfortunately torrenting is not really a solution, for a couple of reasons--the main reason being that you cannot apply updates to torrents. These sorts of mods are updated fairly regularly, and get outdated regularly. It wouldn't be a very good idea to be distributing old versions of mods.

The other main reason is that many mod authors prefer to keep their mods in one place, for ease of updating etc.

#13 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:30 PM

Should I upload SCS/SCS2 somewhere or G3 is going to be up soon? Or, better yet, I could mail those to you so that you could add them to your mirror at Tolkien Across the Water.

Edited by Creepin, 17 August 2010 - 11:31 PM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#14 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:36 AM

Thank you, Creepin for your offer, but DavidWallace generously provided me with the latest versions of SCS, SCSII, and Wheels of Prophecy, so I was able to update the mirror. I'm updating the list of mirrored mods to include Alternatives, Divine Remix, eSeries, Song and Silence, and Sword and Fist, as well.

Apologies that the list is not more comprehensive. I can only mirror mods where the current version is resident on my hard drive and where the author has granted permission.

berelinde's mods

#15 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:52 PM

The forums IPS Driver Error is back... it might be just on my end(Finland), but, but.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#16 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:29 AM

It's just the forums that are down. The site is still accessible for downloads.

Edit: And they seem to be back up.

Edited by berelinde, 26 September 2011 - 05:05 AM.

berelinde's mods

#17 -Utinium-

-Utinium-

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:57 AM

Are they offline again?

#18 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

Are they offline again?

no

berelinde's mods

#19 -Jesterr-

-Jesterr-

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:14 AM

Are they offline again?

no

Their hosting service begs to differ. "This site has been suspended"

Anyone have a mirror for the widescreen mod?

#20 -MhL-

-MhL-

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

http://www.camagna.net/g3mirror/ here you are