Photo

I notice something odd.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:07 AM

I have viconia in my party. I have level 2 spells now. And i have cure moderate woods twice. The descriptions are different. Im sure one is cause moderate wounds. But why are they both named cure moderate wounds?

Edited by dmxdex, 21 August 2010 - 05:10 AM.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:07 AM

I have viconia in my party. I have level 2 spells now. And i have cure moderate woods twice. The descriptions are different. Im sure one is cause moderate wounds. But why are they both named cure moderate wounds?

You have two mods that give you different spells... easy, you just have to, think.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 22 August 2010 - 12:43 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

i can think and i know what the other spell is. Its cause. But can i correct the name somehow? it annoys me lol. Mods should not of touched those spells though.

#4 Ipsissimus

Ipsissimus

[Insert witty statement]

• 356 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:14 PM

Did you install Spell Revisions at any point? If so...well, that's kinda the point of the mod, no?
And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancing skeleton, surrounded by a fleshy overcoat and swaddled in
A furry hat, elastic mask, a pair of shiny marble dice, some people call them snake-eyes, but to me they look like mice
-- "Nothing's gonna change my clothes", They Might Be Giants

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:37 AM

Mods should not of touched those spells though.

There's no "Cure Moderate Wounds" in the original spell list! So you have just installed 2 mods that add it... so try to do well without them ! -then.

#6 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:10 AM

I seem to recall you have NTotSC/DTotSC installed, I believe one of them adds those spells.

On another matter; you could probably use this topic for future random game related questions instead of opening up another twelve (!) topics ;)

#7 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:49 AM

Umm no because that is what the forums are for. I opened this up on the this problem i had. I will open up another thread if i have another problem relating to something else.

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

On another matter; you could probably use this topic for future random game related questions instead of opening up another twelve (!) topics ;)

I have tried this already, but dmxdex doesn't understand that he should to do it in a single topic in the Megamod Help forum, that has his WeiDu.log in a spoiler tags, so he just spams the forums like an idiot... without even trying to be constructive. So we can kinda do the same. ;)

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 22 August 2010 - 12:45 PM.

#9 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:26 PM

I have tried this already, but dmxdex doesn't understand that he should to do it in a single topic in the Megamod Help forum, that has his WeiDu.log in a spoiler tags, so he just spams the forums like an idiot... without even trying to be constructive. So we can kinda do the same. ;)

Thing is jarno you got owned by the mods and was told not to tell were i cannot post as i am posting in the right place. Stop [...] insulting me as you are pissing me off.

Edited by K'aeloree, 26 August 2010 - 10:40 PM.
Language, please.

#10 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:46 PM

Thing is jarno you got owned by the mods and was told not to tell were i cannot post as i am posting in the right place.

The way I remember it was that I actually showed Choo Choo that she was wrong, that indeed the mods change the games basic rules, and so it's important that you DO NOT post in the wrong section of the forum... but that's just me. :P
Just like in this case, the original game doesn't have "Cure Moderate Wounds" spell at all, so the 2 separate once come from 2 different mods.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 25 August 2010 - 08:47 PM.

#11 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:40 AM

No you was told i was posting the correctly.Stop insulting me as i will report you to the mods.

Like i said i have 2 spells, both have different spell icons but look similar. Both have different descriptions but are named the same. Im sure one of them is cause moderate wounds. Obviously added by a mod. I know that now as i got told above. I have to ask as i was not sure. This is a forum you ask questions and get help.

Edited by dmxdex, 26 August 2010 - 06:42 AM.

#12 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:14 AM

No you was told i was posting the correctly. Stop insulting me as i will report you to the mods.

Go ahead, but remember to tell them that I have also given the most correct answers that you have been given... when it comes to modified game.

Why do I keep bothering you with this, PS: I have told you this before... is that I want you to get more replies to your post from people that play heavily modified BG2 games, than just me and a few members that visit the whole SHSForum.
I expect that I'll have to tell that again, but you could as well correct your behavior... and I wouldn't need to. :P

#13 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:38 AM

:wall:

How about both of you stop bickering like first-graders before I lock the damn thread.

#14 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:43 PM

dmxdex, in future, I would appreciate it if you could keep problems related to your game installs to a consolidated thread. This helps to prevent the forums from becoming flooded. Please also watch your use of language, as this is an all-ages forum.

Jarno, I understand English is your second language, but that is no excuse for this kind of rudeness. Please read through your posts before posting them, as I am not the only one who gets irritated at the abrasiveness of your tone at times.

Thanks, guys.