cant see sir billybob

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 -adithaya-

-adithaya-

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:10 AM

I really need help!!!
I have completed everything the only thing left is to report to billybob. but i cant find him.
I tried using fireball spell near the bodies and saw billybob is magic resistant so i know he is there but how can i talk to him or make him visible.i tried detect invisiblity but nothing happens so i guess its a bug is there way to get around it without going through everything again??
please help

#2 Pablo_01

Pablo_01
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:12 PM

I really need help!!!
I have completed everything the only thing left is to report to billybob. but i cant find him.
I tried using fireball spell near the bodies and saw billybob is magic resistant so i know he is there but how can i talk to him or make him visible.i tried detect invisiblity but nothing happens so i guess its a bug is there way to get around it without going through everything again??
please help

Hi!

Have you seen Sir BillyBob at all? What other mods are you using?

Pablo

#3 Arkenor

Arkenor
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:54 PM

If I remember rightly, and time has taken it's toll on my recollection so I may not, Sir Billybob has a Staff of the Magi. So is quite invisible. Your best bet is to remove that item from him using NearInfinity or somesuch. Or a mod that makes the staff of the Magi not make you invisible.
Arkenor Oakshadow
Ark's Ark Whois
Meddling in the affairs of modders. Modding in the affairs of genie.

#4 Pablo_01

Pablo_01
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:06 AM

If I remember rightly, and time has taken it's toll on my recollection so I may not, Sir Billybob has a Staff of the Magi. So is quite invisible. Your best bet is to remove that item from him using NearInfinity or somesuch. Or a mod that makes the staff of the Magi not make you invisible.

Your recollection is correct, and I solved the problem by editing taking the staff away from Sir BillyBob. The key is to remove the Staff of the Magi before you enter "Sir BillyBob's Farm."

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:48 AM

Question is ... which mod (?) adds the perma-invisibility effect to the staff? :unsure: Afaict this problem didn't happen in my install back in BWPv5.7 :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#6 Pablo_01

Pablo_01
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:03 PM

Question is ... which mod (?) adds the perma-invisibility effect to the staff? :unsure: Afaict this problem didn't happen in my install back in BWPv5.7 :P

Well,

The BG2 Fixpack has a "Fixed Staff of the Magi Errors" component. The effect of permanent invisibility seems intentional, based on the BG Fixpack readme:

"The invisibility effect alone remains disspellable; otherwise characters who left the part[y] with the staff equipped could never rejoin, as they would be permanently invisible."

Maybe there's a flag somewhere that could be set to stop the staff from having that effect on Sir BillyBob.... Perhaps he could start with it "unequipped"?

Pablo

#7 -False_Dmitry_II-

-False_Dmitry_II-

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:30 AM

Ok, so I'm having this problem too. I just got around to trying to fix it. I have NearInfinity up (couldn't see how to use dltcep, even though it claims to be able to use a save where it has been visited) and I found his BHBBOB.CRE for this charater, I see where it has the staff of the magi entry. I'm not sure what to do from here to get it removed. I don't see a delete option and the edit option seems to just be editing the actual staff itself in general. I've never used the program before.

I do have a single save that I made just before I did anything in the mod and left it alone, so I will be able to start it over and complete it once it's fixed.

#8 -False_Dmitry_II-

-False_Dmitry_II-

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:54 AM

Nevermind, I found it.

For those who find this and have absolutely no clue this is what you do:

Get NearInfinity. Put the program in the root of your install (it's just quicker to do so, I didn't though because I figured it would look for it)

Then run it, on the left side find the CRE tree on the left. Expand it and locate BHBBOB.CRE

Then instead of view on the top of the right side click edit. Otherwise you'll just be staring at the fact that he has one like I was.

Scroll down till you find item11 (or however it calls it) then there's a button that lets you look up others, I simply picked another staff told it to update and saved it. Then loaded my game from before and away I go.

Hope this helps.

#9 dede

dede
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Old post...New question.

I made the installation in Spanish.

I have the same problem: Billybob is there, but fully invisible, and impossible to dispell.

Trueseeing dosen't work.

I have installed NearInfinity, but BHBBOB.CRE doesn't exist in my installation.

What can I do?

I have also ShadowKeeper to modify the global variables, but without knowing exactly what to do, everything can happen...

Is there a possibility to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance