Vampire Extended Sequence for ER

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:00 AM

Greetings, dear IE modders! I?m Aliya (a.k.a ?Pinked-Eyed Menace?), and I?m a beginner in the whole new universe of Infinity Engine modding. K'aeloree encouraged me to post it, to see what happens.

I decided to start with basics by creating a small add-on mod for Edwin Romance mod. Coz I?m such a fan of Laufey?s work, I?m working on a mod called ?Vampire Extended Sequence? of VES for short. Talk about non-sparkling vampires, and how a friend wrote 'you know the vampires SHOULD be?'

-THRONE OF BHAAL INSTALLATION WILL BE REQUERED- When it?ll be completed, because I used some ToB?s sounds and animations. :D

Summary: As the title says, this mod stretches the Bodhi ambush operation. I?ve done it, that the player should feel a little more desperate than ?oh-kill-oh-resurrect-at-the-temple? thing. It also greatly raises the difficulty of the Bodhi?s fight in Chapter 6.

The battle considers of two major stages. The first stage in quite difficult, and created just to test PC?s mettle. (90%) The second will be vanilla BG2 fight. I hand-written the whole scripts for 1st stage of the fight ? the characteristics are in the bottom ? including script for Weimer?s Tactics mod. And you thought Banco was tough... :devil:

The scripts are compiled now and when I?m in the mood I often add something new to it. No wonder, that the main battle script for Edwin weights about 30 KBs. (=28) It?ll add a new tinge for the duration of the battle, and hope you?ll find it a challenge. And the mod doesn't end after the fight... No spoilers.

Spoiler free character sheet:

Edwin (Vampire)
Level first class: 27, (was 8)
XP Value: 45000, (was 8500) Gains only if Edwin is killed by PC.
Class: Mage [Conjurer], (was [Vampire] non-spellcast)
Alignment: Chaotic Evil (well, duh!)

And LOTS of effects... Bling, bling? :D

Akshaxia (Fallen Deva)
Level first class: 20
XP Value: 28000
Class: Cleric [Firewalker of Kossuth with DR, True Class in vanilla game]
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Backstab immunity. :o A lot weaker than Edwin, though.

Minor spoilers: I made this character to show the bitter irony; Edwin calls PC a ?Deva?, and I thought it?ll be prefect. *evil grin* I?m such a feminist. :) Deva vs. a Fallen Deva.

What/Who do I need: To remove the books from Bodhi?s abode and place them in .Cre?s inventory. I suppose you can?t do it, without creating a backup area, is it? Coder, to check the dialogs. Any help will do. :)

#2 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:14 AM

20 of September Update.

I have to show the scripts I've done so far to ask one thing: is this battle is difficult. I found SCSII scripts quite challenging but not impossible. The hardest battle I fought was the from Sola's mod. But that another story. Stupid over-powered revenge spiders.

Total EXP amount varies from 90 to 150k.

Edwin's battle script (Override)
Spoiler

Akshaxia's script (override).

Spoiler

Edited by Aliya, 20 September 2010 - 07:17 AM.

#3 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:06 AM

21th of September.

Out of curiosity I started to test the battle via in Umar Cave (AR1106). Why? Because it's an awesome battle stage! :D Still need to fix those scripts I posted yesterday. :D Akshi has a script to chase after PC ignoring other people.

IF
	!StateCheck(Player1,STATE_IMMOBILE)
	Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
	See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
	Global("Begin","LOCALS",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("Begin","LOCALS",1)
		ReallyForceSpell(Myself,CLERIC_IRONSKIN)
		ReallyForceSpell(Myself,CLERIC_NATURE_BEAUTY)
		ReallyForceSpell(Myself,CLERIC_GLOBE_OF_BLADES)
		EquipMostDamagingMelee()
		AttackReevaluate(Player1,90)
END

IF
	LOS(Player1,30)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		MoveToObjectNoInterrupt(Player1)
		Enemy()
		AttackReevaluate(Player1,30)
END

Anyway, I did some recoloring and re-editing some .bams and that's what I got so far. :whistle:

Er#amul1.JPG
Er#amul2.JPG
Er#amul3.JPG

Thank you Item Pack for those tasty BAMS. :D

#4 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:39 AM

26 of September.

One battle screenshot. You may notice, that it isn't Bodhi's Abode -- I didn't want to screw up the main plot yet. Oh, and i didn't dump any of my party members, they're just taking a nap. :D Ahh, sue me actually -- PC's doomed.

Spoiler

Next: A feature list. :D

#5 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:49 AM

4th of October Boy, I'm a lazy @$$. :D

I polished the battle scripts! They function nearly perfect now. I attached them and anyone who wants to playthrough them, will have my gratitude. :) No mod spells or items used. They still have a change to stutter (repeat all over again) but I think I minimized the risks. The only script which stuttered is the Mind Flayer one. DON'T CAST MAGIC RESISTANCE SPELL IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MEET THIS BUG.

Small list of my thoughts below.

Ten facts about the battle, after playing through it 37 (25 only Akshi and Edwin present; 5 only Edwin present) times with different scripts (slightly). I changed the battle a bit, so player can take one of the party’s present members to help her.

For this particular playthrough I took Minsc (barbarian/cleric 10/24) with me and my own PC (elven cleric/mage 17/15). (No cheats)

1. I managed to win only 4 of them with my second teammate dying. It’s kinda irreversible, I think. From all battles I always turned into Slayer, because I didn’t have suitable spells. Even with Slayer it’s very difficult to win. Edwin has strong resistance to physical damage (about 33%) and constantly renews his Stoneskin.
2. Akshi is slightly weaker than Edwin – she resorts to blunt melee weapon and buffing the summoned creatures. Sounds familiar?
3. Thirdly, they both have HLAs. Edwin got all of them and uses them constantly in the beginning. Akshi has 1 HLA (Storm of vengeance)
4. If your PC is a spellcaster, expect tons of spell-draining summons. (Nishruus and Hakeashars). They managed to drain my high level spells before I could launch a death spell.
5. If your take second party member a pure mage, you’re gonna get owned. You need somebody to soak the melee damage from the Deva. (~28-30 damage per hit, without stoneskin)
6. If you’re health drops below 60-90 expect Power Words from Edwin. (I died from Power Word: Kill too many times)
7. Find a tactic to avoid being Horrid Wilted. (I found it!)
8. Don’t let Edwin near you; he might do 6-8 damage per hit but drains 5 levels per hit.
9. You’ll start it a ‘new’ battle without even a chance to plant traps or summon creatures. (:gasp!:)
10. The dreaded Time Stop + Mind Flayer tactic… PCs with intelligence below 18 will be owned.

Geez, I need some rest now. I didn’t figure the purpose why Edwin doesn’t use ReallyForceSpell command, so I gave him no contingencies and triggers. He buffs up in a Time Stop.

Attached File  Er#Vamp2.CRE   8.54K   311 downloads
Attached File  Er#Vamp2.BCS   54.66K   334 downloads
Attached File  ER#PLAN.CRE   4.44K   327 downloads
Attached File  Er#Plan.BCS   12.63K   331 downloads

To use simply download and using NI assing the scripts to the following characters. Then use CLUAConsole in game and enjoy (I think :)).

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Er#Plan")

Edited by Aliya, 04 October 2010 - 09:55 AM.

#6 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:03 AM

15 of October. School is getting on my nerves, of well, it's FRIDAY. :D

Okay, I was playing through the battle couple more times with full party (Cleric/Mage 17/15; Imoen - Fighter/Mage 14/14; Minsc - Barbarian/Cleric 10/24; Solaufein - Fighter/Mage 15/15; Kelsey - Sorcerer 19) and I must say; the number of my party members that got 'chunked' (non-resurrectable) is pretty disturbing... The combinations were really random... [Minsc got railed off/horrid wilted and Kelsey couldn't live through a Comet spell. I didn't know that Comet is that painful.]Plus, he summons like a *BUNCH* of creatures including the dreaded Fallen Solar. Needless, to say that I was running like a rabbit to lose Edwin of my heels, and that, technically speaking, isn't pretty much possible in that small 'arena' in AR0809. Not to mention, that if PC tries to escape the battle she will suffer the FLASHY_DEATH_1 spell. Which equals death. :/

I want this to be hard, but not *impossible*. Impossible is too much, thank you very much.

Note: Who wants this fight to be easy should not install 'Improved Summons pack'. And who wants a challenge... well, you've been warned. :D

EDIT: I re-vamped the script, as Miloch had suggested.

Attached File  Er#Vamp2.BCS   72.38K   297 downloads

Edited by Aliya, 03 November 2010 - 06:49 AM.

#7 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:34 AM

Okay, a friend asked me to upload the files for battle. She wants to try it out! Great.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. You'll have to use Near Infinity program to get these files into your game. ToB must be installed, lest they won't work.
2. Download the files below and put them into 'Override' folder in your BG2 install.
3. Open Near Infinity.
4. Open Search->StringRef or press ctrl+L
5. Find strings named 'Fallen Deva' [63840], 'Edwin' [271] and 'Fire Elemental' [2873]. In my game, yes , they are 'Akshaxia', 'Vampire Edwin' and 'Minion of Kossuth' but I'd edited dialog'tlk with IEEP. ^^;
6. Open 'Override' folder in NI and find Er# files.
7. Open Er#Fire and in 'Edit' fold in 'Name' type the string.
8. For small portrait assign Er#FireS
9. Repeat the operation for another Fire Elemental Fallen deva and Edwin. (AkshaS and L go to Fallen Deva, VampireS and L go to Edwin)
10. Scroll down to find 'Override Script' fold and assign scripts. (Er#Plan goes to FD, Er#Fire goes to FE and Er#Vamp2 (the most heavy) goes to Edwin)
11. For Edwin's inventory (can use ShadowKeeper) assign Er#Clck to Body and Er#Vamp as a main weapon.
12. Give some meager equipment for Akshaxia via vanilla game items.
13. While in game (Preferably AR0803, ONLY if you sided with Aran ealier) type in console CreateCreature:("Er#Plan")
14. In general there are two Fire Elementals, Fallen Deva (Akshaxia) and Edwin.
15. If you have done everything right, the battle should start like this: FD casts Stoneskin and PFMW instantly, Edwin casts Stoneskin and Fire Elementals force Fire Shields.

Don't get confused with Er#PlanC and Er#Sun scripts. They are needed for Edwin and Akshaxia if you ever want them to Ctrl+Q/Charm them. [Take Edwin into the sun while in your party. ^.^]

ITEMS:
Attached File  Er#Vamp.ITM   650bytes   308 downloads
Attached File  ER#CLCK1.itm   1.31K   304 downloads

CREATURES:
Attached File  ER#FIRE1.CRE   1.84K   299 downloads
Attached File  ER#FIRE.CRE   1.83K   302 downloads
Attached File  ER#PLAN.CRE   5.43K   277 downloads
Attached File  Er#Vamp2.CRE   14.13K   302 downloads

SCRIPTS:
Attached File  Er#Fire.BCS   5.58K   336 downloads
Attached File  Er#Plan.BCS   15.98K   306 downloads
Attached File  Er#PlanC.BCS   941bytes   298 downloads
Attached File  Er#Sun.BCS   392bytes   293 downloads
Attached File  Er#Vamp2.BCS   87.46K   311 downloads

PORTRAITS:
Attached File  AkshaL.bmp   55.17K   310 downloads
Attached File  AkshaS.bmp   6.85K   321 downloads
Attached File  fireS.bmp   3.4K   276 downloads
Attached File  VampireL.bmp   55.17K   325 downloads
Attached File  VampireS.bmp   6.85K   287 downloads

#8 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:38 AM

Okay, a friend asked me to upload the files for battle. She wants to try it out! Great.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. You'll have to use Near Infinity program to get these files into your game. ToB must be installed, lest they won't work.
2. Download the files below and put them into 'Override' folder in your BG2 install.
3. Open Near Infinity.
5. Find strings named 'Fallen Deva' [63840], 'Edwin' [271] and 'Fire Elemental' [2873]. In my game, yes , they are 'Akshaxia', 'Vampire Edwin' and 'Minion of Kossuth' but I'd edited dialog'tlk with IEEP. ^^;
9. Repeat the operation for another Fire Elemental Fallen deva and Edwin. (AkshaS and L go to Fallen Deva, VampireS and L go to Edwin)
10. Scroll down to find 'Override Script' fold and assign scripts. (Er#Plan goes to FD, Er#Fire goes to FE and Er#Vamp2 (the most heavy) goes to Edwin)
11. For Edwin's inventory (can use ShadowKeeper) assign Er#Clck to Body and Er#Vamp as a main weapon.
13. While in game (Preferably AR0803, ONLY if you sided with Aran ealier) type in console CreateCreature:("Er#Plan")
15. If you have done everything right, the battle should start like this: FD casts Stoneskin and PFMW instantly, Edwin casts Stoneskin and Fire Elementals force Fire Shields.

Don't get confused with Er#PlanC and Er#Sun scripts. They are needed for Edwin and Akshaxia if you ever want them to Ctrl+Q/Charm them. [Take Edwin into the sun while in your party. ^.^]

ITEMS:

CREATURES:

SCRIPTS:
Attached File  Er#Sun.BCS   392bytes   293 downloads
Attached File  Er#Vamp2.BCS   87.46K   311 downloads

PORTRAITS:
Attached File  AkshaL.bmp   55.17K   310 downloads
Attached File  AkshaS.bmp   6.85K   321 downloads
Attached File  fireS.bmp   3.4K   276 downloads
Attached File  VampireL.bmp   55.17K   325 downloads
Attached File  VampireS.bmp   6.85K   287 downloads

#9 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:39 AM

INSTRUCTIONS:

3. Open Near Infinity.

ITEMS:

CREATURES:

SCRIPTS: