Photo

DSoSC (BGT) - broken triggers galore

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gorlash

Gorlash
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 10:20 AM

Well, first of all, I didn't install WorldMap at all... I don't know how I missed that (I had downloaded it, but never got it installed). So I had to MoveToArea() my way through Jet'laya's portion of the adventure, which is fine. Then I returned to Beregost and proceded with the sequence, up until the Morninglord told me to deal with the dragon; then someone else told me to go to Nashkel first; on arrival, a girl told me to meet someone at the Nashkel Inn (presumably C. the Dragon Hunter), but he's not there. I waited several days, went somewhere else and came back, but he's still not there. Nothing else beyond this triggers either; there's no thief in the dragon's area, and no dragon in that cubbyhole either; also, the treasure room in that area doesn't appear to be present either. So the entire question line seems to be frozen. Is this all because of the missing WorldMap, or is something else wrong?

#2 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:08 PM

Do you have Dark Horizons installed?

If yes, open the console and enter the following:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("dragdie","GLOBAL",0)

10th

Edited by 10th, 25 November 2010 - 12:08 PM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#3 Gorlash

Gorlash
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

Wow, yes I do!! Thanks!! I'll try this out.

Later:
Okay, I needed the preceding, then I also needed:
CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("DSJEREMY")

After that, all the trigger events occurred, I've dealt with the dragon
and returned to the Morninglord, and all appears to be well.

Thanks! I've made notes of all this for next time I play!

Edited by Gorlash, 27 November 2010 - 06:08 AM.

#4 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:32 AM

Okay, I needed to preceding, then I also needed:

There have already been many reports of spawns not happening in Nashkel, but usually the problem is just that some NPCs spawn in hidden points (the room in the back of the inn, for instance).

Concerning the dragon, I've heard there's some other mod which adds a dragon to BGT (cloakwood, i think); I've heard there can be problems if you have already killed one dragon. Do you have such a mod? could you post your weidu.log?
edit: it's Dark Horizon, as 10th said; do you have that?

Edited by Turambar, 26 November 2010 - 10:34 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#5 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:01 PM

Bah, sometimes I'm just too confused:wacko:

It's not dragdie, it should be DragonDead.

Normal sequence of events, after arriving in Nashkell:
- Deazle talks to you and tells you that Jeremy wants to talk to you in the inn
- Jeremy spawns in the Nashkell Inn and talks with you
- Conchobair Strongblade spawns in the inn and offers to join you

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#6 Gorlash

Gorlash
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 06:01 AM

Okay, I needed to preceding, then I also needed:

There have already been many reports of spawns not happening in Nashkel, but usually the problem is just that some NPCs spawn in hidden points (the room in the back of the inn, for instance).

Concerning the dragon, I've heard there's some other mod which adds a dragon to BGT (cloakwood, i think); I've heard there can be problems if you have already killed one dragon. Do you have such a mod? could you post your weidu.log?
edit: it's Dark Horizon, as 10th said; do you have that?

Hello, Turambar!
Yep, I'm using Dark Horizons V2.04, as well as DSotSC V2.15. I *think* I had already completed Cloakwood and killed the dragon there, before I proceeded to the DSotSC quest sequence.

As it turns out, the only problems that I've had were with Jeremy spawning. After I CLUA'd him the first time (he *wasn't* in any of the back rooms, I checked carefully), his trigger worked fine, C. the Dragon Hunter joined, the dragon and his hoard were there, and everything proceeded fine. When I returned to Nashkel afterwards, Jeremy was not there, but the little girl was, and the Citadel quest triggered normally and proceeded without trouble (except that I had to MoveToArea to proceed, because I didn't install the WorldMap). I'm wrapping up the final, endless dungeon now!

I appreciate all the help you and 10th gave me!!

Attached Files