Crashes after installing mods

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 -Pewpewlow-

-Pewpewlow-

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

I played PS:T for a while and then somebody told me that i should install some mods. So i did. And now when ever i try to load a game it crashes.
I installed Qwinns Fixpack, Tweakpack and Unfinnished Business. Does anyone know a solution to this?

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

I played PS:T for a while and then somebody told me that i should install some mods. So i did. And now when ever i try to load a game it crashes.
I installed Qwinns Fixpack, Tweakpack and Unfinnished Business. Does anyone know a solution to this?

The most obvious would be, Start a new game, not load an old and possibly corrupted save file...

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 -Pewpewlow-

-Pewpewlow-

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:21 AM

The most obvious would be, Start a new game, not load an old and possibly corrupted save file...

I Uninstalled the mods and now it seems to work.. I'll try to install them again when i've played through the game! Thanks anyway. :)

#4 Gumby

Gumby
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:10 AM

It is also highly advisable to clear both 'cache' and 'temp' folders before starting a new game.

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:52 AM

I had the same problem, using the Italian version of the game, should the problem be fixed if I unistall the ITP (italian traslation project) patch of the game?

#6 -Jez-

-Jez-

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:59 AM

Just like Pewpewlow my Planescape crashes with the mods installed.

Specifically:

I am running a clean install of the GOG version of PST on up to date Win7

I installed the widescreen patch and it works fine

I installed the upgraded UI patch and it works fine and looks awesome - respect to the authors!

I install the fixpack and it freezes _during_ loading a game.

I install the unfinished business and the tweak pack and it freezes _straight after_ loading a game

Both of these are the same if you create a new game rather than load an old one.

It works fine once the mods are removed.

Any help gratefully received,

Jez

#7 Gumby

Gumby
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:57 AM

Both of these are the same if you create a new game rather than load an old one.

Hmmm.
I wonder if it's because you installed mods in the above order: widescreen, UI, fixpack, UB, tweaks.
IIRC, Qwinn's mods should go before the other two: fixpack, UB, tweaks, widescreen, UI.

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:41 AM

Hmmm.
I wonder if it's because you installed mods in the above order: widescreen, UI, fixpack, UB, tweaks.
IIRC, Qwinn's mods should go before the other two: fixpack, UB, tweaks, widescreen, UI.
[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion, will investigate.

The reason for the above order is that I was following Thunderpeel's advice (http://thunderpeel20...lly-modded.html)

Jez

#9 -Jez-

-Jez-

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:40 AM

Thanks Gumby for the suggestion.

Does not work. I uninstalled Planescape, re-installed it clean and modded in the order you suggested, but Ghostdogs UI will not install (ERROR: COPY ~Torment.exe~ ~Torment.exe~ FAILED: cannot open target). The Torment.exe is there and it is not copy protected. I have a debug file.

Jez

#10 Gumby

Gumby
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:15 PM

The reason for the above order is that I was following Thunderpeel's advice (http://thunderpeel20...lly-modded.html)

You're right, sorry for confusing things. Either order should be okay as long as mods install without an error.

Too bad I can't offer any solid advice, since I'm still using win xp. :/

Edited by Gumby, 22 January 2011 - 02:15 PM.