• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 billymas2005

billymas2005
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:17 AM

Hi all,

Just downloaded the worldmap v8,Region of Terror & shadows over soulbar mod,
there are some concerns in my mind which i worry it might cause some problem to my current game,
i m having the following mods in my current game like:

BGT
Worldmap v7.1
BG2 Tweak Pack
DSoTSC+NToTSC for BGT
Secret of Bonehill
Drizzt Saga
Ease of use
Thalantyr item upgrade
BG2 item upgrade
Underrepresented items
Solaufein mod
Saereileth mod
Valen mod
Longer Road
Improved Horn of Valhalla

So,my main concern is this:
i m going to try out the wmv8,Rot & Sos mod,

Does any of the above new downloaded mods is having compatibility issues with my current installed mods?
so in what order should i install the new mods?
if a fresh reinstallation is required,what order you guys recommended?
Do i need to uninstall the current v7 worldmap then only go for v8 one?
Do i need to use the savegame converter too if i do not want to start a new game?if that is so,what other steps should i take?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by billymas2005, 15 December 2010 - 05:21 AM.

#2 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:33 AM

From what I know, the Worldmap is compatible with any modern mod (if you already had wm 7 and it worked, it should work as well).

The worldmap should always be one of the last mods, so I believe it's not so difficult to uninstall and reinstall it. If you don't uninstall the old version, I believe the installer will ust ask [R]e-install or [Q]uit, so you won't install it twice.

In the other posts on this forum and in the readme, if I remember correctly, it's written that you have to install the saved game converter. The only problem is: if you already had it in the previous installation, BEFORE YOU UNINSTALL THE OLD WORLDMAP, you should back-up the 'save' folder (eg, copy it to save_1); after uninstalling the old version and before installing v8, back-up the save folder you have now (eg, rename save to save_bak; you could just delete it, but who knows...), and use the first back-up as your new save folder (eg, rename save_1 to save). That's because, when you uninstall the component, the save will be restored as it was when you first installed the game.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#3 billymas2005

billymas2005
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:42 AM

Hi Turambar,

Thanks for the help.
IIRC,Secret of Bonehill is the latest mod i had installed.
so after that i just reinstall(not uninstall & reinstall)
the worldmap mod without installing the savegame converter.

So does this mean that i have to choose to install the savegame converter in order for my new mods & new v8 worldmap to work,right?

#4 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:36 AM

Hi Turambar,

Thanks for the help.
IIRC,Secret of Bonehill is the latest mod i had installed.
so after that i just reinstall(not uninstall & reinstall)
the worldmap mod without installing the savegame converter.

So does this mean that i have to choose to install the savegame converter in order for my new mods & new v8 worldmap to work,right?

if you have installed sobh after the worldmap, I believe you won't be able to access any sobh area.
could you please post your weidu.log? If you post your weidu.log, I'll be able to give you better advice

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#5 billymas2005

billymas2005
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 10:16 PM

It's Done.Problem solved.
I just downloaded Worldmap V8.1 & have it upgraded & now i can go everywhere i want! BUahahahahaha~~