Tashia and happy patch

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 11:22 AM

thanks!!! that's what i would have thought, but its good to confirm... ;) ;) ;)
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#22 Harbinger

Harbinger
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 01:59 PM

Actually I didnt adjust anything, they both go exclusive at roughly the same time after resurfacing. Well Tashia leaves then Imoen campfire scene occur back to back. So I established exclusive relation with Imoen then went directly to rescue Tashia where Tashiaromance went to 2 with no problems, although Tashia hasnt said anything since rescue, but I have flirted with both successfully.

#23 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 02:27 PM

After you rescue Tashia from Arilistan, she doesn't say anything further...which led me to crafting another 4-5 romance dialogues (the others go for ToB) for SoA...of course, these haven't been implemented yet (and I'm not going to give any tentative release date...all the writing except for Tashia's special item are done...but they are still needed to be edited...and then implemented...and I'm slowly learning WeiDu).

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#24 zahratustra

zahratustra
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 04:11 PM

Just to let you know Bri - your efforts are trurly appreciated!

LOL User, the parennial problem of picking a team!!!! If I could have a platoon I probably would! Jan looks interesting, and Valygar is great as a fighter (especially when equipped with enchanted katana from Guarded Compound as a second weapon). I would also like to keep Yoshimo for longer. Aerie, despite her terminal naivety, is such a nicely ballanced cleric/mage that you really need two NPCs to replace her. Viconia, despite being an evil drow, is a woman with attitude and the same goes for Jaheira too...... Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

#25 Harbinger

Harbinger
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 08:21 PM

Hi there,
first of all: good work, i really like this mod, gratulations to all involved in it :)

now my question: the tashia readme says, that with the happy patch installed, some contents are missing. can anyone please tell me which contents that are and when they usually appear? problem is, that i just left for brynnlaw now with the romance almost finished ( i already played it once whole ), last talk was about "what to do after irenicus". now i read the readme for the first time ( stupid me, i know :( ) and read about the happy patch. i already uninstalled it, but i really dont wanna start all over again ( no time ).

thanks in advance

Just wanted to give my thoughts on this, I believe I saw the same readme while looking around. I think the Tashia happy patch will block her little white messages that occur mostly when she wakes up. Where she bitches about not getting enough sleep and so on. I dont recall why it happens, but it seems like a minor problem. Unless you really like those cranky messages.

#26 zahratustra

zahratustra
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 05:31 AM

Well there are "Happy Script", "Romance Script" and the "Ease of Use" mod. They all offer multiple romances but "Happy" and "Romance" do warn that if you use Tashia scripts you will loose her overhead text (something to do with texts in the game being in different places depending on installation). There isn't such a warning in "EoU" but I am not far enough in my new game to check just what happens. For now, my biggest worry is if Nalia's Romance will work this time. Previously all went well until the marriage cutscene and than the game froze solid. Annoying thing is that you can't say if it will work or not until you have already played throu chapters 1,2 and quite a chunk of chapter 3. And since shortcuts through chapter 1 are incompatible with Nalia's Romance, you are stuck with doing it the hard way.....

#27 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 09:48 PM

go to

cache/data and delete all the bif files inside...they are map files which are preloaded everytime the game initializes, copies of the files in the game file, and deleting them once in a while will prevent many problems, like cutscene freeze...it may help, it may not help, but that is what i recommend..
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#28 MrPandi

MrPandi
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 02:30 AM

I also have a problem with romancing Tashia. I've got a female human character (in order to romance Chloe) and I would like to romance Tashia at the same time. I've installed the happy patch. So I was able to go beyond the 23rd lovetalk. Now, when I check the values with SK I've got
Lovetalk 47, but Tashiaromanceactive is still on 1 (tashiamatch on 1, thashiaplot 10,) and when I put it on 2, it return to 1 when I check the value with the consol during the game.
I've just come back from the Underdarkand I forgot to mentioned that my last lovetalk was about what to do after Irenecus.

#29 zahratustra

zahratustra
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 08:40 AM

Hmmmm I didn't think that Tashia (unlike Imoen and Cloe) will romance a female character so "tashiamatch" in your game should have been set to 2.... Did you reset it in SK???

Also Tashia doesn't do much until chapter 6, only than she starts to ask you akward questions which might lead to romance....

What is the value of "tashiainterestmatch" in your latesr save???

#30 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 07:25 PM

One thing to think of Mr. Pandi is that I'm unsure if the Chloe mod takes into account anything with Tashia (and when we get to do the programming, we might ask Lucy for permission to do something).

However, if Chloe doesn't interact with Tashia, then you shouldn't need to install the happy patch to romance both.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#31 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 04:37 AM

If I am romancing with Keley and Tahia who will be kidnapped by Bodhi? And what will happend in the Bhaal temple in the ToB portion of the game? :wacko:

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#32 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 11:57 AM

Spoiler included:

In this case it doesn't really matter, as Tashia herself isn't abducted by Bodhi. She has a different scenario. So, Kelsey will still get abducted as per the norm...