Photo

Can't steal in Nashkel

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 guenthar

guenthar
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

I just did an install using BWS using a standard install with a couple expert mods and after finishing it now my install takes over 30 GB. I tried to run the clean up bat file but it just comes up with 2 "The system cannot find the file specified." errors and doesn't do anything. Most of the data (20 GB) is in the data directory (14 GB) and the generalized_biffing diresctory (6 GB) and I want to know what I can delete or how to get the clean up batch file to work.

I used the newest version of BWS (bws_9-20101130) to install and I am on Windows 7 64-bit.

Edited by guenthar, 07 February 2011 - 02:01 AM.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:02 PM

I just did an install using BWS using a standard install with a couple expert mods and after finishing it now my install takes over 30 GB. I tried to run the clean up bat file but it just comes up with 2 "The system cannot find the file specified." errors and doesn't do anything. Most of the data (20 GB) is in the data directory (14 GB) and the generalized_biffing diresctory (6 GB) and I want to know what I can delete or how to get the clean up batch file to work.

Well, if you satisfied with the install result, you can go ahead and remove the mod folders, setup-*modname*.exe's and setup-*modname*.tp2's ... the clean-up.bat was originally designed for this, but it could be that the BWS has changed abit of that.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

The Clean-up expects you to have run the BiG World Install.bat, so...

Start the BiG World Install.bat
Close it after you selected a language
Run the Clean-up
Tada -- you got some text.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#4 guenthar

guenthar
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:27 AM

I had fully installed it and the game is working fine and it is just the clean up batch file that doesn't work.

PS. Why does the install take close to 30 GB when the entire space the downloads take up is only 3 GB?

#5 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:48 AM

Sure. As far as I can see, you used the beta, which does not run the BiG World Install.bat.
The Clean-up.bat expects that you did that and does not ask for a language but does expect that you have some files in the BiG WOrld Installpack\temp-folder, which are placed there by the BiG World Install.bat. So you run that batch, select the language, don't install anything by closing the batch-window and run the Clean-up.bat, which will show you some text then.

Edited by dabus, 21 January 2011 - 03:48 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#6 guenthar

guenthar
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:37 AM

Thank you for the help and I will see if that works after I get done reinstalling. (I picked some options I didn't want)

EDIT: It worked and now my install is only 20 GB which is still bigger then any other game ever (including installs of NWN and Oblivion with a huge amount of mods) but at least I have some space left on my hd.

Edited by guenthar, 21 January 2011 - 06:17 PM.

#7 guenthar

guenthar
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:17 AM

There have been many kits added into the game by the mods that were installed. I have been trying to add one of these kits to my PC since I saw it was an option when I was installing the 1st level npc mod. I finally found a way to add one to my character (since I can't select them when creating my character) by editing the save game with Near Infinity. The problem is that they don't show up in-game and I can't figure out another way of adding the kits.

PS. I tried adding a kit from the original game and it works so it isn't a problem with the editor or me.

#8 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

The problem is that they don't show up in-game and I can't figure out another way of adding the kits.

Erhm, the Kit remover was probably installed, which removes the selectable kits, and only those... which is the most idiotic thing one can do... so this is or was a fault in the BWS you used to install the game. So next install should be made without the Kit remover.

and now my install is only 20 GB which is still bigger then any other game ever (including installs of NWN and Oblivion with a huge amount of mods) but at least I have some space left on my hd.

Erhm, those games usually add their mods etc to the Windows profile files like "Documents", and not directly to the game root, so they take no space additional space in the game folder.
What comes to the mods, the BGT itself being 14 MB's imports the BG1 game to the BGII game which takes up to 2.5 GB's... which is kinda big size expansion rate, the biffing that makes the game faster to load and execute also takes a lot of space, especially the Generalized biffing as it backs up every single file that processed, etc. But yes, the normal sized BWS Tactical install is about takes up to 30GB's, it says so in the .pdf file too. As previously when I made my 2 BWS eXpert installs for a WeiDU.exe test, they both took 30+GB's, so.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 24 January 2011 - 02:48 AM.

#9 guenthar

guenthar
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:11 AM

There needs to be a warning also that it removes them entirely from use for the PC since the description says it just removes it from the character creation screen,

PS. I was actually including the mods also in my comparision before but I was wrong on NWN and it is currently 24 GB so is bigger then my BG2 install. (I think that was a previous NWN install that was smaller.

PPS. Thank you again for the help.

Edited by guenthar, 24 January 2011 - 04:24 PM.

#10 guenthar

guenthar
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

I looked through the entire list and didn't see the kit remover in the list. I throughly searched through the mod list in the setup and even through mods I didn't install. I did this by going through all mods one at a time and also by using the search function using "kit" and "remove" separately.

#11 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:29 PM

I looked through the entire list and didn't see the kit remover in the list. I throughly searched through the mod list in the setup and even through mods I didn't install. I did this by going through all mods one at a time and also by using the search function using "kit" and "remove" separately.

So your Weidu.log doesn't have "Setup-ModKitRemover.tp2" in it ? Open the file with Notepad ...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 24 January 2011 - 11:30 PM.

#12 guenthar

guenthar
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

No it doesn't have that in my weidu.log.

Edited by guenthar, 24 January 2011 - 11:32 PM.

#13 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:46 PM

No it doesn't have that in my weidu.log.

Which race / class mix are you trying for example ?
I ask because ten I can help a bit more...

#14 guenthar

guenthar
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

I have tried many different things like trying to create a Human Samurai and a Human Hexblade but I have tried all other combinations that I can think of. the last thing I tried is creating a Half-Elf Fighter/Thief/Mage and then using an editor to add a kit. I tried Swashbuckler and I tried Kensai and both worked but when I tried Samurai it switched back to the standard Fighter/Mage/Thief. I haven't exactly decided what I am going with yet but I wanted to try various different classes before deciding on a specific character.

PS. A few others I have tried are all 4 Dragon Bard kits with a Human, a Human Dreadnaught, Human Priest of Mystra, and many others.

Edited by guenthar, 25 January 2011 - 12:00 AM.

#15 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:14 AM

I have tried many different things like trying to create a Human Samurai and a Human Hexblade but I have tried all other combinations that I can think of. the last thing I tried is creating a Half-Elf Fighter/Thief/Mage and then using an editor to add a kit. I tried Swashbuckler and I tried Kensai and both worked but when I tried Samurai it switched back to the standard Fighter/Mage/Thief. I haven't exactly decided what I am going with yet but I wanted to try various different classes before deciding on a specific character.

PS. A few others I have tried are all 4 Dragon Bard kits with a Human, a Human Dreadnaught, Human Priest of Mystra, and many others.

Most of those are impossible combinations, as for example if I am not wrong, the Human Samurai is actually a ranger or paladin kit, and you cannot add that to a multi classed character as you can only have their sub-standard classes kits added to them, that do not include those... :doh:

But odvoiusly I do not understand what the problem is... so I'll leave this here.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 25 January 2011 - 12:34 AM.

#16 guenthar

guenthar
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:23 AM

The multiclass was just the last thing I tried and I have tried these with single class humans originally and they didn't work. The multiclass thing was just a test to see if something that was impossible to do normally in the game worked and with the Swashbuckler it did.

PS. The editor only shows kits that are possible with the class or classes you have selected so you can't select a Ranger kit on a Fighter. I was also going by what I found when I was altering the npcs with 1st level npcs mod which also doesn't let you choose kits that are incompatible with the chosen class or classes.

EDIT: I found a solution to my problem. I was going through the ini for tobex enabling things and there was an option to increase the amount of allowable kits and another to add a scrollbar. After enabling those all of the kits appeared in character creation and I can now select them.

Edited by guenthar, 25 January 2011 - 12:35 AM.

#17 guenthar

guenthar
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

I selected the infinite option on selling Ankheg Shells but now when I decided to go sell them the guy only bought 1 for 375 gold and won't buy any others. I have 18 on me in my Bag of Holding currently.

PS. I just tried again and put all of them in my inventory and this time he took all of them but still only gave me 375 gold.

#18 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:41 AM

I selected the infinite option on selling Ankheg Shells but now when I decided to go sell them the guy only bought 1 for 375 gold and won't buy any others. I have 18 on me in my Bag of Holding currently.

PS. I just tried again and put all of them in my inventory and this time he took all of them but still only gave me 375 gold.

Unless there's another mod like mine, the ankheg shells component comes from my mod (its support thread is here; usually, if any problem appears to be related to just one mod, you'll get better support by posting on the specific forum, or at least editing the title, which can be done through a full edit of the first post).
Anyway, whom are you selling the shells? From the 375 gold you're talking about, I assume you're selling them to the smith in Beregost. The smith will still buy just one, as the mod does not patch him, but Fenten. From the readme, which is both in the mod folder and on the mod's forum

2 - Fenten buys more ankheg shells
Fenten is a dwarf in western BG who asks you to fight ankhegs; he says he'll pay you 250 GP for each shell, but gives you that much money regardless of how many you brought him. Chose among
a - Fix only: he'll pay you 250 GP for EACH shell you take him, but only once in the game.
b - Infinite shells: He'll buy every shell you give him.

Perhaps, I could also fix Taerom so that hi doesn't take all your shells, but just one.
My suggestion is: put them in any container in Beregost (there's one just outside the house left of the smith), and get them back when you go to BG

Edited by Turambar, 06 February 2011 - 12:47 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#19 guenthar

guenthar
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:41 AM

How it was in original Baldur's Gate is that the smith in Beregost would only buy the shells once at 500gp a piece so I guess a mod changed that to only buying 1 once at 375gp.

PS. I forgot who the option said and thought it was the smith in Beregost.

Edited by guenthar, 06 February 2011 - 01:42 AM.

#20 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:31 AM

How it was in original Baldur's Gate is that the smith in Beregost would only buy the shells once at 500gp a piece so I guess a mod changed that to only buying 1 once at 375gp.

PS. I forgot who the option said and thought it was the smith in Beregost.

IIRC, that was declared a bug from bg1, which was already corrected in ToTSC. Therefore, BGT's dialog only allows one shell to be sold. The thing is, it should not take all shells and pay one, but just take one and pay one, and I will look at that

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg