• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

Well it's me again :whistling: Maybe your worst nightmare. He He :D

I have a problem with second private quest "Rescue Scouts".

Problem is similar as in this topic.

I'm at Charlie's Farm AR4232 and i have killed all the bandits and
Charlie hasn't showup.

Both bandit leaders are dead. I did check with SK that dead variables are there. Problem is with this "CbPartyFoundDeadBody" variable.

I've been trying to click these dead bodies like seanes tells in that other topic. Sometimes i get this message "This is a dead body." like it should be sometimes i don't.

I can of course CLUAConsole myself out of this problem. But wondering why is this clicking made so hard to do. Why isn't done like with those houses where you get the Question Mark and then you know for sure where to click.

These no need for any drastic action on your behalf this is only my observation and it's not a bug or anything like that. Or i don't know as usual. Maybe i'm just a bad player. :P

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

Try standing still for a bit and not shuffling about. He walks to you and sometimes you will hear his footsteps but children in the game are slow.

Usually he is created by the garden or the house, that's where I run into him.

EDIT: The reason for the delay on the dead dudes' info triggers is that they have scripts attached so you need to wait for actions to complete, i.e. globals setting :P

It is not an info trigger like on a impassable door that just displays a string message.

EDIT2: Clicking on different corpses yields the results that you seek as each corpse implements the global by 1 so that is why it is not a repetitive action, again like a normal info trigger. Explore to find four corpses.

Edited by Hoppy, 24 January 2011 - 09:34 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:36 AM

Try standing still for a bit and not shuffling about. He walks to you and sometimes you will hear his footsteps but children in the game are slow.

He did appear eventually and everything went well. But i think that getting this message "This is a dead body" is hard to get on those four dead farmer bodies.

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:47 AM

He did appear eventually and everything went well. But i think that getting this message "This is a dead body" is hard to get on those four dead farmer bodies.

It takes a little time especially when the script is activating and is not a click trigger:
IF
	Entered([GOODCUTOFF])
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		IncrementGlobal("CbPartyFoundDeadBody","AR4232",1)
		DisplayStringHead(Myself,19344) // This is a dead body.
END

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#5 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:06 AM

Thanks for explaining.

Maybe i'm not patient enough. I'm hurry to restore CHARNAMEs soul. :D

I've noticed that time flies quite fast with these big mods. I'm afraid that CHARNAME is dying for old age before CHARNAME gets his soul back from Jon Irenicus. Nearly 700 days already. :o