• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:59 PM

I you need more help i happy to help.

I wondering even though i didn't have problems in Trademeet with Logan Coprith he's probably coded same way. I don't know maybe or maybe not.

Now i continue to finishing things in Soubar.

Thank you for fixing this.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#22 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:54 AM

Ok i tested. Only one Prelate Wessalen.

Here's screenshot.

Also rest of the talk went ok. He takes the letter and then reads it. I talk him again he says what he should say no help for Soubar and so on.

I had also forgot previously talk Prelate Wessalen about rescuing Sir Ajantis NPC and that talk went ok after the Soubar talk ended.

ok. at least that was right, among all the things I messed up..
The bug must have been caused by that script block I posted above, and I'll ask Hoppy to fix it in the next version of SoS.
Thank you very much for your help, and I'm sorry for those errors in the fix (I'll re-upload the package for whoever needs it).

I wondering even though i didn't have problems in Trademeet with Logan Coprith he's probably coded same way. I don't know maybe or maybe not.

Now i continue to finishing things in Soubar.

I think you're right, I've seen there was some other CBFIX....cre; I'll have a look because there might be a way to make that dialogue 'simpler' too.
The problem here was actually a compatibility problem between this mod and CTB. If no other mod deals with Logan being active or inactive, he will not have those problems at all.

could you please edit the topic's title and add [FIXED]?

Edited by Turambar, 03 February 2011 - 05:08 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#23 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:20 AM

could you please edit the topic's title and add [FIXED]?

Ok ... oh ... ah :blink: I can do that? How? :unsure:

Sorry i'm a little noob in this posting thing. I've been reading these BG forums almost 10 years but started posting only recently.

#24 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:55 AM

Go to the first post, click edit, then full editor (below the text), and you will get the option to edit the title as well

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#25 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:21 AM

Go to the first post, click edit, then full editor (below the text), and you will get the option to edit the title as well

Thanks. I never though that.

#26 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

Here's screenshot.

Also rest of the talk went ok. He takes the letter and then reads it. I talk him again he says what he should say no help for Soubar and so on.

I had also forgot previously talk Prelate Wessalen about rescuing Sir Ajantis NPC and that talk went ok after the Soubar talk ended.

Test it now with the CtB globals which is related to the thief special class quests. The script was the only thing activating him in this case (that I can see) so you must have been doing those quests.

With the dialogs you may not get the Ajantis dialog right away because the SOS trigger is going to be the first one that rings true. That is why I fear more incompatibility because if a patched dialog was the answer, it would have been done a long time ago and not have a separate creature with a separate dialog.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#27 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

Here's screenshot.

Test it now with the CtB globals which is related to the thief special class quests. The script was the only thing activating him in this case (that I can see) so you must have been doing those quests.

With the dialogs you may not get the Ajantis dialog right away because the SOS trigger is going to be the first one that rings true. That is why I fear more incompatibility because if a patched dialog was the answer, it would have been done a long time ago and not have a separate creature with a separate dialog.

So you want me test something? I can do that i'm playing right now.

Yes i have done those Wyrbrin Horton's Picking the Marks quests. Although i did have some problems with it. I updated the other post about those problems.

#28 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:05 PM

Here's screenshot.

So you want me test something? I can do that i'm playing right now.

Yes i have done those Wyrbrin Horton's Picking the Marks quests. Although i did have some problems with it. I updated the other post about those problems.

That is why there is a problem. Let me have your save and I will fix it according to CtB and SOS. Turambar's fix was good but we need a concrete fix for CtB and SOS which is what I know. :)

EDIT: As I said before the alternate Prelate was probably there to avoid incompatibilities on a larger scale.

Edited by Hoppy, 04 February 2011 - 02:12 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#29 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:31 PM

That is why there is a problem. Let me have your save and I will fix it according to CtB and SOS. Turambar's fix was good but we need a concrete fix for CtB and SOS which is what I know. :)

EDIT: As I said before the alternate Prelate was probably there to avoid incompatibilities on a larger scale.

Here's the save before entering Order of Radiant Heart.

Here is rar-file

Attached File  000000318-Testi Prelate Wessalen.rar   4.23MB   408 downloads

Update: Maybe i should change the status of this topic not fixed.

Edited by micbaldur, 04 February 2011 - 02:32 PM.

#30 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

Here's the save before entering Order of Radiant Heart.

Here is rar-file

Attached File  000000318-Testi Prelate Wessalen.rar   4.23MB   408 downloads

Update: Maybe i should change the status of this topic not fixed.

Oh yes because it is not fixed in relation to the actual problem, it was only fixed according to bugged quests in a bugged game and investigating further as to the relationship of those globals to the actual content in which they are related would have led to examining the area where the actual problem occurred, which is not the Order but the Harper HQ.

The TDD axe should have been there first then the hourglass as the latter shouldn't be an added treasure but quest related.

- King Diamond

#31 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

Oh yes because it is not fixed in relation to the actual problem, it was only fixed according to bugged quests in a bugged game and investigating further as to the relationship of those globals to the actual content in which they are related would have led to examining the area where the actual problem occurred, which is not the Order but the Harper HQ.

The TDD axe should have been there first then the hourglass as the latter shouldn't be an added treasure but quest related.

Ok. Thanks.

I changed the topic.

#32 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:37 PM

Your AR0309 has the script AR0805.BCS so you have problems with that area and probably 0805. The script for AR0309 is AR0309.BCS which has the globals specifically for what was causing your problems with the prelate and getting the item prematurely.

@BWP assistants:

Please check this out with changelogs or look for an mod that changes these areas. Improved Harper stronghold (whatever that component comes from) may have been the change. I checked CtB files and the area is OK.

@micbaldur:

Turanbar's fix worked for your game fix but is not anything I will add to an update as the problem was caused by another mod and we could potentially see more problems due to this.

The problem in question caused two bugs where the first wasn't as detrimental as the second but CtB and SoS were effected.

EDIT:

Nevermind, it's an old CtB error in the code from KD. The wrong script is getting written to make sure it has a script. Fixed locally and will update the downloads soon.

Edited by Hoppy, 04 February 2011 - 04:03 PM.

- King Diamond

#33 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:15 PM

Your AR0309 has the script AR0805.BCS so you have problems with that area and probably 0805. The script for AR0309 is AR0309.BCS which has the globals specifically for what was causing your problems with the prelate and getting the item prematurely.

@BWP assistants:

Please check this out with changelogs or look for an mod that changes these areas. Improved Harper stronghold (whatever that component comes from) may have been the change. I checked CtB files and the area is OK.

@micbaldur:

Turanbar's fix worked for your game fix but is not anything I will add to an update as the problem was caused by another mod and we could potentially see more problems due to this.

The problem in question caused two bugs where the first wasn't as detrimental as the second but CtB and SoS were effected.

You are of course right. I haven't noticed that AR0309 BCS mixup. I haven't any problems at AR0805.

I tried the changelog-bat but it doesn't work in my install. All i can say that this AR0309.ARE was bugged after CtB and before BG2 Tweaks. So almost all mods are between those mods. :crying: So i hope that this has been corrected after all this is quite old install.

Well it's bug in MY LOCAL install so there no point to waste more time with it.

All i can do is play this install to end of ToB and make a new install. I check this AR0309.ARE then.

Thanks for helping me as always.

Update: It was CtB after all. :P

Edited by micbaldur, 04 February 2011 - 04:17 PM.

#34 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

Update: It was CtB after all. :P

Yep a typo from KD from 1.9 at least. Back when I was playing more BG I noticed it in game but forgot to look into it when I started updating CtB. It's gone for good now.

The bug you had was very specific as you had the right globals for both things to happen and it would only happen in such an instance. The reason I am against removing SOS data that could just get a simple fix is that CtB and SOS were made by the same author and later updated by the King Diamond so there are reasons for the separate files whatever they may be. I'll look into this more now that the CtB area is fixed just to make sure nothing else is botching it up. If it is still buggy, I can add another check.

- King Diamond

#35 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:34 PM

Yep a typo from KD from 1.9 at least. Back when I was playing more BG I noticed it in game but forgot to look into it when I started updating CtB. It's gone for good now.

The bug you had was very specific as you had the right globals for both things to happen and it would only happen in such an instance. The reason I am against removing SOS data that could just get a simple fix is that CtB and SOS were made by the same author and later updated by the King Diamond so there are reasons for the separate files whatever they may be. I'll look into this more now that the CtB area is fixed just to make sure nothing else is botching it up. If it is still buggy, I can add another check.

I'm sure that you do what's best for both mods. I'm satisfied that i'm getting as much bugless game as possible. I trust your judgement.

Little of topic. I notice that you have Mage Hunter under your Iron Maiden picture. I was wondering this Magehunter kit. I don't know which mod it is. Where i can might find info about it. At character creation info is minimal so to speak. I have always played as fighter but this kit is the first one that wake my interest. I might even try it. Is't bugless and so on.

Up with Irons from '80s. 666 Greetings from Eddie :devil:

Update: Nevermind i did find info about Mage Hunter at TDD topic. I don't like that range weapon ristriction so i staick with fighter.

Edited by micbaldur, 05 February 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#36 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:59 AM

The thief quest does not modify his dialogue; CTB just gives him (rather ruoghly; it just gives him a new SCRIPT_GENERAL without checking if that slot's already in use, and that should be changed as well, eg by extending_top the new script with the old one before compiling it) a script which makes him disappear at night and appear at day, with a particular value of the variable related to the thieves quest (I believe, this happens when you have been commissioned the theft, and haven't performed it yet, in order to allow you to steal at night without being seen?). The area script, on the other hand, seing that the prelate is active, believes the FIXPRE has not yet appeared, spawns it, and de-activates the normal prelate, causing a loop which includes endless spawning (if the thief quest is at a certain point and it's day).

I'm not so sure of your last sentence: this mod is really old, so perhaps it was not so easy to work with weights and transitions when it was first written. As this bug is not easy to trigger, it might well have been ignored for years.
Which dialogue do you mean by the Ajantis dialogue? is it from some other mod? Anyway, the fixpre was a way to remove all other dialog options until the SoS quest was completed (so, the ajantis dialogue would not trigger for sure, in the original SoS). What I did in my fix was to give a weight so that the SoS dialogue triggers 'after' Anomen's accolade and the stronghold dialog (which are the only vanilla dialogues which are played only once for sure, as they change the variable which is used to trigger them), and before any other vanilla dialogue (which would trigger every time you spoke to the prelate, until that quest was finished, thus preventing the SoS dialogue to occur ever; I think this is what the second prelate was intended for, as weights were not known then).

Moreover, I've added some possible extra answers which allow the quest of the solamnic knights and the main game quest for chapter 6 (fighting bodhi) to be regularly completed, regardless of whether you have or have not finished the soubar quest.
If any other mod added more 'urgent' states, with even lower weight, those states will still be triggered first. But it's up to every mod to assign the correct weight to each state, when they APPEND to an existing dialogue, and not to break the vanilla dialogue, and as long as that works, my fix will work as well.

From what I've read in the scripts, fixing the CtB issue is not enough: as long as there are two prelates (and this is the expected SoS behaviour), there will be compatibility problems between SoS, the vanilla game and any other mod which deals with the prelate, and the script that makes the prelate re-appear (thus causing the loop) is a correct script from CtB, and I don't think it's misplaced there. So, I believe that both mods should be fixed: SoS by merging both prelates into 1 (by carefully setting the right weights to the dialogue states), and CtB by correcting that area script (and that brutal script-assigning to the prelate as well...).
BTW, I noticed pretty many EXTEND_TOPs in many area scripts, both in the code of CtB and SoS. They should all be either changed to extend_bottom, or the added blocks should ALL be Continue()d blocks (which is not always the case)

Edited by Turambar, 05 February 2011 - 06:10 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#37 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:03 AM

edit: double, sorry!

Edited by Turambar, 05 February 2011 - 06:04 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#38 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:07 AM

I can answer that Ajantis question. It's Jastey's Ajantis NPC mod.

#39 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

There are a lot more mods than CtB and SOS that need EXTEND_TOP switched to EXTEND_BOTTOM and vice versa. If you have specific examples of what scripts are not working correctly then we have something to go with. I am not going to do major script overhauls when things do work to risk the possibility of even more problems. That will happen I assure you especially when you start imagining incompatibilities that are not there.

Yes SOS is an old mod but we are not playing the standalone version from 9 years ago, come on man. All of these mods were updated for WeiDU compatiblity many times and yes there will be some bugs to sort through and that s what we are trying to do.

No one needs a special uniform to update this mod so if you want, just get the package together and PM Liam about uploading it.

- King Diamond

#40 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:01 AM

There are a lot more mods than CtB and SOS that need EXTEND_TOP switched to EXTEND_BOTTOM and vice versa. If you have specific examples of what scripts are not working correctly then we have something to go with. I am not going to do major script overhauls when things do work to risk the possibility of even more problems. That will happen I assure you especially when you start imagining incompatibilities that are not there.

Yes SOS is an old mod but we are not playing the standalone version from 9 years ago, come on man. All of these mods were updated for WeiDU compatiblity many times and yes there will be some bugs to sort through and that s what we are trying to do.

I don't know enough of this mod, so I was just pointing out some points which appeared suspicious. Anyway, if they work, there's no need to do anything

Turambar

vipersig.jpg