Photo

Public test release feedback

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#161 Hina

Hina
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:36 AM

Sorry, I thought this would be only related to a quicksave issue.
Anyway, I feel bad for hijacking this thread now - reporting two bugs already fixed ;). By replacing the old dll with the new one (seems that I didn't get the newest version indeed) I could solve my saving problem - or at least I hope so.
Hopefully the next time I report a bug, it shall be a real one, hehe.

Edited by Hina, 30 May 2012 - 04:36 AM.

#162 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

beta24 (even the last - as of friday - version) has a compatibility issue with Atweaks P&P fiends: when the player tries to cast any of the revisited summoning spells (cacofiend/summon fiend/gate) , the spell just fizzles. Enemies aren't affected.

I tried that on a fresh install as well:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100 // TobEx - Core: Beta 0024
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #102 // Awaken On Damage: Beta 0024
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #104 // Disable Stoneskin Grey Colour [C]: Beta 0024
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #105 // No Spell Interruption On Zero Damage: Beta 0024
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #107 // Allow All Races to Dual Class: Beta 0024
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #111 // Disable Silence On Charm: Beta 0024
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #113 // Remain Hidden On Pickpocket Success [C]: Beta 0024
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #115 // Dialogue Greeting Subtitles: Beta 0024
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #116 // Enable Animation Attack Sounds: Beta 0024
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #119 // Remove all race-class restrictions: Beta 0024
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #124 // Make All Attack Animations Genuine Attacks: Beta 0024
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #152 // PnP Fiends -> Mod-added fiends are also affected: v3.90

On a clean install with just SCS v20 and the TOBEX version shipped with that mod the Atweaks component works fine

#163 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

Just checked, beta23 is compatible as well.

#164 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

Just to be clear, are you experiencing this problem with component 152 "PnP Fiends" or component 155 "Further Revised Fiend Summoning"?
IIRC, "PnP Fiends" has enemies using the same spells available to the player, but "Further Revised Fiend Summoning" makes enemies use different (close to vanilla) spells.

#165 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #152 // PnP Fiends -> Mod-added fiends are also affected: v3.90

I wasn't using #155 at the time, but when I claimed enemies weren't affected that was with the original setup that included SCS2 ( that changes spwi807.spl into dwsumco.spl and dwsumgl.spl, used by enemies only, for example, so no allign-related .eff involved ); with a minimal test install with only tobex + atweaks #155 I could notice the buggy behaviour when casting my own gate spells in tob starting area, and once reverted to beta 23tobex I just gave up on testing and started play :P

#166 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:56 AM

meh, i shall try to get back my psw, can't edit.. the minimal test install was tobex beta24 + #150, as posted yesterday.

#167 -guest-

-guest-

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

-.-''''' #152.

feel free to delete this spam.

#168 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:24 AM

Found a problem with "Use EFF File Fix" (tobex beta 0024 120424_2): after save & reload the underdark avatar change effect (UDMAN.EFF) is applied with incorrect param2 (0 instead of 1) - the result is that stats are affected.

I've investigated it a bit - it seems that the problem is that function at 0x004F3BEC (signature: void __thiscall EffectBase__setDesc(EffectBase *this, CGameEffectBase *pDesc)) doesn't copy trailing EFF fields that are unused by base engine, but used by tobex. The result is that whenever effect structures are copied in game, the "saved params of child EFF" fields of parent EFF "Use EFF File" effect are lost.

The following 1-byte hack resolved the issue for me: BGMain.exe 0x000F3E35: 0x08 -> 0x1A (this ensures that whole trailing structure is copied into effect structure).

#169 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

Thanks for find, fixed.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#170 -Beleg33-

-Beleg33-

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

Nice find, I've encountered that issue as well and since i didn't know what was the cause, I removed the UDMAN/UDGIRL affects through ShadowKeeper and it worked as a workaround to get my stats back w/o breaking the plot.

I still had a save from Underdark and tested with removing Use Eff File Fix (in tobex.ini, set it to 0), which also worked to recover stats without removing the polymorph.

For anyone encountering this issue and unable to hack executables like me.

#171 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

I wasn't using #155 at the time, but when I claimed enemies weren't affected that was with the original setup that included SCS2 ( that changes spwi807.spl into dwsumco.spl and dwsumgl.spl, used by enemies only, for example, so no allign-related .eff involved ); with a minimal test install with only tobex + atweaks #155 I could notice the buggy behaviour when casting my own gate spells in tob starting area, and once reverted to beta 23tobex I just gave up on testing and started play :P

Fixed. I still had a typo in the alignment mask check for Use EFF File.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#172 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

Hi

Using the latest ToBex I get the error message, that MSVCR100.dll is missing from the pc, does that have anything to do with ToBex? I haven't done anything to the pc than creating (from fresh) a whole new build of BG2 with the latest version of ToBex (andn a few other mods). It comes where the ToBex window usually starts, and the game launches afterwards. Can I see somehow if ToBex is working proberly?

Spoiler

Cheers

Edit: Hmm I ran a .dll fixer program from the web, and now it seems to start without issues, however I don't get the black box I got when starting BG2 when I ran beta 23. I have the suspicion that ToBex don't work on my install ( installation took a day... ) because I can't add spells in Shadow keeper beyond the normal limit, and I can't see a scrollbar in the wizard spellbook.

Do you have any ideas what is going on?

Cheerios

Edited by Shaitan, 19 June 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#173 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

What is your OS?
Grab the Visual C++ redistributable package: http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=5555

--------------
Retired Modder

#174 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

I run on win7. What's most odd is that running beta 23 didn't cause things like this...

I can't really tell if ToBex is working or not. I assume it's not working, since I can't add the same number of spells as I could before beta24. Could I try to add ToBex again to see if that helps?

Cheers

Edit: C++ redistributable package installed, but the black ToBex box (before BG starts) doesn't show up when I start the game...

Edited by Shaitan, 20 June 2012 - 10:40 AM.

#175 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

I tried a reinstallation, and it gave me warnings and possible errors all over...

I've done a fresh installation+widescreen+ToBex and the game opens normal. The black DOS-box I used to get when using beta 23 still don't pop up when I launches BG, is that intended as of v 24?

Cheers

#176 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

The question is then whether the executable was correctly modified. Try starting the game with TobExLauncher.exe.

--------------
Retired Modder

#177 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

You mean Tobexloader.exe? If so it doesn't change anything, still no DOS box upon start, and no scrollbar in the magebook. If not: there's no Tobexlauncher.exe.

#178 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:19 AM

Check that TobEx.dll is in your game directory and you have User Account Control turned off.

--------------
Retired Modder

#179 Shaitan

Shaitan
  • 800 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

ToBex.dll was in my Baldurs Gate dir., UAC was turned off.

#180 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

If you reverted to beta 0023 now, does TobEx load correctly? I am not sure what is going on here.

--------------
Retired Modder