Public test release feedback

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#61 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 04:04 AM

Aha, I've removed SPWI402 from HIDESPL.2da, and now it shows. The reason it didn't was because I've set it's HIDESPL.2da entry to 0 (equivalent of the ToB Hacks implementation).

So this means the ToBEx implementation doesn't care about the second column is (which is more elegant than Hacks). You might as well remove the second column entirely when distributing the next version to prevent modder confusion.

-Galactygon

Well I can change the column label to UNUSED to prevent confusion. I can't remove the second column because then it would cease to be a 2DA file (compare with something like MASTAREA.2DA).

Edited by Ascension64, 23 March 2011 - 04:13 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#62 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:17 AM

I have some idea, not necessarily easy, but you're definiatelly one of few ppl able to do such thing. Namely, add option of adding kits to classes which doesn't have any. I mean here Barbarian, Invoker and Monk (yet Imma not sure 'bout monk). If u add this like u already empowered kit-picking with your slider/zipper (?) other modders would be able to breathe some life into these dull classes. If it already exists somewhere and I don't know about it, tell em but I think it would be something compelatelly new thus so positive.

Has been requested, I don't think it is doable.
In furutre, please put requests like this in the wish list http://www.shsforums...obex-wish-list/

Barbarians and invoker are already kits, technically. Not sure if monks are kittable (though if sorcerers are, I don't know why not).

To extent, monk/sorc/barb/etc. can be kitted 'ingame'. PC will get to manually select the kit (dialogue, or whatever else) and set the variable. Now, each time he levels up, it also summons a creature-script who applies additional effects based on the choice made.

Retired from modding.

#63 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:38 AM

Well I can change the column label to UNUSED to prevent confusion. I can't remove the second column because then it would cease to be a 2DA file (compare with something like MASTAREA.2DA).

Or you could do what vanilla does for unused columns - place a "****" for each entry. Personally I'm fine with either way.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#64 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:52 AM

I did both. :)

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#65 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:00 AM

Wow, this is a small revolution in BG2 modding.

Amazing work, A64!

#66 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

I popped up a new test release. I need testing to ensure that the fixes that I have stated in the change log are fixing the issues reported.

--------------
Retired Modder

#67 AnonymousHero

AnonymousHero
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:09 AM

Well, I can confirm that the Magic Damage Resistance fix works in my install with SCS v19 + TobEx_Beta0021_test_110709.rar. (And various other mods, but none that should affect this particular issue.)

#68 AnonymousHero

AnonymousHero
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

With the same test release as in my previous post, the STR tome (BGT/Tutu) doesn't work as advertised in its description. Instead it seems to work like a permanent version of the "Strength" spell. I.e. if STR is below 18/50, you get 18/51 STR. (My character was at 18/27 if it matters.)

When I disable TobEx by renaming TobEx.dll to TobEx_disabled.dll, the character correctly jumps from 18/27 to 19 STR when using the tome.

EDIT: Also, setting "Strength Mod=0" in TobExCore.ini fixes it.

Edited by AnonymousHero, 19 July 2011 - 08:58 PM.

#69 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 06:44 PM

TobEx changed the way that strength gain worked to step through gradations as per strength spell. I may need to modify Strength Mod to depend on a different parameter.

--------------
Retired Modder

#70 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:37 PM

There's also another issue with Strength Mod=1

If an item sets a strength score to a value (say 19) and another increases it by 1 point, the increment will be lost after a reload.

For example, if you equip a girdle of Hill Giant Strength (sets STR to 19) and a ring which grants a +1 STR bonus, you'll temporarily get 20 STR. However, on loading a saved game the STR score reverts to 19. Setting Strength Mod=0 eliminates the issue.

#71 -geuse-

-geuse-

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:19 AM

I just encountered a bug in the Spellhold Irenicus battle. After killing the clone of Imoen, she did not die! She just lost her circle underneath her. Hovering the mouse over her brought up "Imoen, dead" !! She actually casted chain lightning at my party in this state before I quit! And then, when I finally won the battle this happened with one of the murderers! I'm not sure if he just eventually dropped dead on his own or if one of my summons "rekilled" him. It seems like the AI could select/attack him even though he didn't have a circle.

This just happened again with a Sahaugin. Also, maybe related--I've noticed that sometimes when I kill an enemy a chunk of flesh will remain on top of their loot, bouncing and buzzing (lol). This chunk prevents my characters from taking the loot that it is on top of, and I think that the only way to get rid of it is to refresh the area (by leaving or resting).

I am using the latest test release of Tobex, and SCSII if that matters

#72 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

Beta 20.3.25

"Instantly Set Dialogue Variables=1" results in WK's machine of Lum not working properly. Instead of getting to select three desired controls, after the second try the dialog proceeds to the 'random effect' state. With disabled feature everything works fine.

gorlum.cre, gorlum.bcs, gorlum2.dlg

Edited by GeN1e, 05 August 2011 - 03:03 PM.

Retired from modding.

#73 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

Beta 20.3.25

"Instantly Set Dialogue Variables=1" results in WK's machine of Lum not working properly. Instead of getting to select three desired controls, after the second try the dialog proceeds to the 'random effect' state. With disabled feature everything works fine.

gorlum.cre, gorlum.bcs, gorlum2.dlg

Should work with the latest test release. It seems this dialogue requires a delayed incrementation of global variables.

--------------
Retired Modder

#74 -geuse-

-geuse-

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

Just to add to the strength issues:

the evil tear of baal that gives +2 strength

Also:
The Tear that give -2 to AC did not work either

#75 -geuse-

-geuse-

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:19 AM

and also would like to report that blackrazor doesn't seem to be working.

#76 DrAzTiK

DrAzTiK
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:21 PM

130 Configurable Backstab Every Hit and Configurable Damage Effect Bypasses Mirror doesn't seem to be working.
I use TobEx beta 0021, last SCS and SR.

I have installed the SR mirror image fixe, and then the spell now works prperly.

#77 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:24 PM

130 Configurable Backstab Every Hit and Configurable Damage Effect Bypasses Mirror doesn't seem to be working.
I use TobEx beta 0021, last SCS and SR.

I have installed the SR mirror image fixe, and then the spell now works prperly.

Will have a look. Anything specific you were testing the two hacks with?

--------------
Retired Modder

#78 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:10 AM

Did something change between TobEX 0.19.2.19 and 0.21.7.9 for these options?

Scrollable Chargen Mage Spell Selection=1
Scrollable Level Up Mage Spell Selection=1

I've got an older Megamod installtion with ToBEX19 and my latest with ToBEX 21, during chargen of mages and sorcerors, and for level ups of a sorceror I had no problems with ToBEX 19, but with ToBEX 21 I can't get the spells normally hidden from view to show, despite scrolling downwards.

Moreover, instead of having the complete spell selection screen filled with spell icons, the lower right icon is blank. You can't select it, but you can see it's name, as a tooltip scroll pops up after shortly hovering over this blank icon.

After enabling various debug options in ToBEX I got some out of bounds errors, see the ToBEX.log for more details. In case you need more data, just tell which options should be en-/disabled.

10th

Attached Files

Edited by 10th, 25 October 2011 - 03:36 PM.

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#79 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:57 AM

Did something change between TobEX 0.19.2.19 and 0.21.7.9 for these options?

Scrollable Chargen Mage Spell Selection=1
Scrollable Level Up Mage Spell Selection=1

If you enable 'Log Assertion Warnings', you could get a loss of false warnings.
Nothing has changed regarding these hacks. I cannot reproduce your problem either...
By 'hidden', do you mean that you have a modded game that has more than 24/25 spells in a level? The hidden I normally think of are spells that you do not get to normally choose, such as Dimension Door.

Are you using any GUI mods? There may perhaps be a compatiblity issue?

--------------
Retired Modder

#80 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:24 AM

1. By 'hidden', do you mean that you have a modded game that has more than 24/25 spells in a level?
2. Are you using any GUI mods? There may perhaps be a compatiblity issue?

1. Yes, more than 24/25 spells in a level.
2. This time I went without installing any GUI mods, or is the option "Original SoA/ToB" in setup-GUI (BGT Graphical User Interface) required?

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board