Photo

compatibility with FFT?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:44 PM

Since 9.8 BWS came out and has FFT as an option, I'm trying the FFTv1 with minor patch 1 and the worldmap fix v3.

I'll let you guys know how it goes in some hours!

Edited by smeagolheart, 03 March 2011 - 02:45 PM.

#22 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:32 AM

So I finally got to the point in the game where I think I should be seeing a fft place on the worldmap. I saved trademeet, met elminster and got the message "worldmap has been updated". I don't see where the new area is supposed to be on the map though. What is the first new area near and what is it called?

#23 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:10 AM

Did you install second component of FFT "~DQ/SETUP-DQ.TP2~ #0 #2 // Optional: Add Fishing for Trouble to BP-BGT-Worldmap: v1"?

That is how I tested my patch. Talked to Elminster, got message of updated map and there was village of Portpentyrch showed just little south of Athkatla on the coast.

#24 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:29 AM

Did you install second component of FFT "~DQ/SETUP-DQ.TP2~ #0 #2 // Optional: Add Fishing for Trouble to BP-BGT-Worldmap: v1"?

That is how I tested my patch. Talked to Elminster, got message of updated map and there was village of Portpentyrch showed just little south of Athkatla on the coast.

Nope I didn't. I updated the files and let the installer install it. I'll try and install the component here and see if it works after the fact or if I'll have to reinstall.

I solved the trademeet crisis again and talked to "E" and hmm. No it's not there. Poo. It would be somewhere between Athkatla and the North Forest Areaish on the coast right? Not seeing it.

Reinstall time I guess

EDIT: maybe it will work with a new game I'll let me roll up a new char and see, the weidu component installed without errors so I would think it would be ok. There where a "your map is updated" message I believe after I talked to the dude near the city gates so maybe that one was dropped if I recall correctly.

EDIT EDIT: Didn't work on a new game

Edited by smeagolheart, 11 March 2011 - 09:46 AM.

#25 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:16 AM

Reinstall time I guess

EDIT: maybe it will work with a new game I'll let me roll up a new char and see, the weidu component installed without errors so I would think it would be ok. There where a "your map is updated" message I believe after I talked to the dude near the city gates so maybe that one was dropped if I recall correctly.

From what it seem's you must install the worldmap mod after the patch from Mad Mate, or it won't do anything.

and if you are using the BWS, this new component will not be installed (without some editing)

Edited by Ikki, 11 March 2011 - 10:31 AM.

#26 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

Reinstall time I guess

Yes, Ikki is right. You should install that component before Worldmap mod.
Maybe it could work if you uninstall worldmap mod and all mods after it, then install just FFT component for worldmap and then install worldmap mod and rest of mods. Worldmap mod has component that update your save games so they can be used again.

In new install if you are using Big World Install.bat line
Call %INST% dq "0 1"
should be changed to
Call %INST% dq "0 1 2"

I don't know how to change it in BWS beta because I don't use it.

#27 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:41 PM

BWS Beta is great you should check it out someday. It's really easy to customize which settings you want for each mod from the GUI without having to edit batch files. It's good also because it warns you if components or mods are incompatible or require other mods.

I reinstalled the whole Big World thing and did a quick run through and talked to Elminster and BAM the new area was there on the coast. Thank you very much Mr. Mate!