• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:47 AM

Hooboy. I tried starting on nightmare and it crashed just as the first encounter began. OOPS.

I think I've figured out what bothers me the most about this demo. THIS THING.

contactingservers.jpg

Everything is disabled, why do you keep trying?! Not that it does you any good, because you're listed under "lol no" in the firewall, but still.

The game import function is... semi-functional.

import.jpg

I dunno. Hopefully they've managed to fix that for the final version.

Also, large image here, but hahaha they weren't kidding when they were talking about skin tone problems.

Spoiler

Edit: well that was simple, first try smug.gif

Spoiler

...I spent most of the time running in circles with whatever character the enemies hated most at the time while the rest pelted them with ranged stuff. The healing spell has a long-ass cooldown and you get like six potions total; that wasn't enough for me, but maybe if I'd configured my tactics (didn't touch that screen) and/or cared a little more about what my party was doing, they'd have lasted longer. That talk about the highest difficulty only being "theoretically possible" is a load of bull, and I can only assume that it's because the people at Bioware suck horribly at playing these games... which would also explain most of the changes they've been making.

Edited by vilkacis, 01 March 2011 - 01:21 PM.

#62 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:10 PM

Interesting mods... I find it amusing that BioWare couldn't even properly lock out assets and features in their own demo. Too bad I had enough of the demo after one playthrough. I can only hope some of the crap gets improved for the actual release... but then again, I already dropped DA II from my most awaited 2011 titles list.

#63 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:01 PM

And that's not all!

http://mod.gib.me/dr...mo/inventory.7z

Extract this to My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age 2 Demo\

Unlocks journal, map, and inventory menus.

You can actually use all the crap you pick up on Mudhill Mountain now! :blink:

whereismyhead.jpg

...pity about the lack of hat models, though.

#64 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 05:29 PM

A comparison between Ps3, Xbox 360 & PC demo

#65 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

Hmmm..I tried it with a mage with the mod installed and a random mage hat dropped...it worked fine for my char (Hawke)

I would have to say that actually playing as the rogue was the most easy...Never had to use a healing spell (or only once) or I only used one healing pot(and no healing spell)...Warrior was semi easy...and mage was the hardest(had to run around like a chicken with its head cut off for a wee bit) because I noobed up and let Carver die...since I did not pick the heal spell and Bethany did heh...

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85