Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#141 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

From www.iesdp.info

0x0036 OnCreation()
Returns true if the script is processed for the first time this session, e.g. when a creature is created (for CRE scripts) or when the player enters an area (for ARE scripts).

OnCreation() is only ever triggered once and that's when the area is first entered.

Maybe correct if it concerns one game session, but every reload of a save game triggers a new Drizzt spawn, unless that variable is set to another value.

I was under the impression that it triggered on every area load (enter and re-enter). I'm atm still aways away from that point in the story, moreover I haven't played the last few weeks, which means that will take some time to test it.

10th

Well that quote from Yovaneth was for the Tanar'ri spawning. I don't remember how that Tanar'ri respawned in my preivious game. Maybe i test it later when i get to BG2 (might time some weeks though).

But Drizzt spawns everytime i enter that area with or without re-loading. Well not any more after i fixed it. :P

Well that's enough for game mechanics, time to get back gaming and Balduran's Isle. :D

Update:

Ups forgot, thanks a lot 10th.

Edited by micbaldur, 08 August 2013 - 01:29 PM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#142 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

OnCreation() is only ever triggered once and that's when the area is first entered.
I would actually clame that to be true when the character is created... say you wish to make a fight that has a teleported mage that prebuffs, you set this as the tricker for the casting of the buffs in your override script.

Edited by The Imp, 08 August 2013 - 04:46 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#143 -Shagar-

-Shagar-

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

In my installation, at least, the OnCreation() blocks added by mods execute not only the first time I enter the area, but also every time I enter/stay in the area after reloading, which leads to this re-spawning problem, so, as I've already said in one of the FFT's threads, OnCreation() should never be used in mods, relying instead in area variables, which are stored for the duration of the game and never fail.

#144 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:14 AM

Even though i don't know anything about modding, i agree with shagar that you shouldn't use OnCreation() on mods. But what do i know, absolutely nothing. :P

Drizzt Saga: Catti-Brie (F_CATTIB.CRE) has demon? soundset (it should be mostly Black Lily sounds). When clicking her she roars like demon?. CRE-file in mod folder is OK but something probably went wrong during install. Had this bug earlier installs too. Fixed locally.

Here's from SETUP.TRA:

@1029   = ~[BLACK LILY 1] 'Twill be the darkest day ye never seen before I don't have what ye need.~ [BLACK01]
@1031   = ~[BLACK LILY 3]~ [BLACK03]
@1032   = ~[BLACK LILY 4]~ [BLACK04]
@1033   = ~[BLACK LILY 2] Off wit ye now!  I've got counting to do.~ [BLACK02]

I think it should be like this:

@1029   = ~[BLACK LILY 1] 'Twill be the darkest day ye never seen before I don't have what ye need.~ [BLACKL01]
@1031   = ~[BLACK LILY 3]~ [BLACKL03]
@1032   = ~[BLACK LILY 4]~ [BLACKL04]
@1033   = ~[BLACK LILY 2] Off wit ye now!  I've got counting to do.~ [BLACKL02]

I'm assuming that what is inside [] is filename.

Well :woot:  nice to see that Lollorian has broken his vow of silence. :P

Like Minsc says:

Aha!  Our good friend returns!  Minsc and Boo are Lollorian is ready to take the boot to the black butt of evil bugs! :coolthumb:

#145 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

People with emo flame sword problems should probably try installing the attached TP2 :) You'll need a weidu.exe renamed to setup-temporary_ongoing_progress_mod_number_2781.exe to run it (and weidu.exe's are really easy to find)

It's just BG2Fixpack code applied to every friggin item in your game (hopefully the checks in the code are solid :D)

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#146 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:03 AM

People with emo flame sword problems should probably try installing the attached TP2 :) You'll need a weidu.exe renamed to setup-temporary_ongoing_progress_mod_number_2781.exe to run it (and weidu.exe's are really easy to find)

It's just BG2Fixpack code applied to every friggin item in your game (hopefully the checks in the code are solid :D)

I'll install this later tonight before i start my gaming session.

Good to see you back in business. :coolthumb:

#147 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

SCS: Component "Improved Durlag's Tower" modifies SPWI942.SPL so that Pawns (BGPAWN.CRE) don't change to Queens at Chess Board (ARD006.ARE). I don't know is this intentional or not. Didn't like it so i fixed it locally.

If you look at the resource, it seems like a typo, there are two queens, bgqueen and dw#queen, but the resource lists bgdw#queen.

10th

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#148 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

ine 362 in durlag.tph has a hint :P

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE ~queen~ ~dw#queen~ (8)

BGT uses BGQUEEN... which gets replaced with BGDW#QUEEN (like some kinda awesome pokemon evolution :D)

Someone report this to the SCS forums!

@micbaldur: If you get those BG1 animation crashes again, would you please attach the crashing CRE as well as the ITM file for the weapon it has equipped?

I've got a new lolfixer ready which checks for tutu items in containers as well so it'd be great to get the animation thing out of the way before I get it out :D

Edited by Lollorian, 15 August 2013 - 10:08 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#149 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

ine 362 in durlag.tph has a hint :P

REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE ~queen~ ~dw#queen~ (8)

BGT uses BGQUEEN... which gets replaced with BGDW#QUEEN (like some kinda awesome pokemon evolution :D)

@micbaldur: If you get those BG1 animation crashes again, would you please attach the crashing CRE as well as the ITM file for the weapon it has equipped?

I've got a new lolfixer ready which checks for tutu items in containers as well so it'd be great to get the animation thing out of the way before I get it out :D

Thanks for info again 10th and Lollorian.

Well i don't have account anywhere else so i can't report it to gibberlings, i have account only here, home of BWP.

I'm going to have BG1 animation crash at SoA City Gates with Kagain. Had CTD there earlier when i tested Hessa NPC worldmap component.

#150 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

That's a v21 bug, DavidW is at 24  beta, and it looks like he disabled those changes in durlag.tpa.

10th

Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#151 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

And here I thought I had everything updated :doh: Sidenote: The linkliste is reaaaaaaally outdated now.

#152 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

Thanks for the Kagain hint :D

He crashes in my game as well and turns out the culprit is... not his axe, not his shield, not an offhand weapon... BUT HIS FRIGGIN HELMET!!! >_> (new paperdoll JC from 1PP... making a list of all animations that crash as I type this)

So hopefully the next lolfixer can try to do stuff now :P

EDIT:

Turns out this new JC paperdoll seems to be handled differently compared to the other new paperdolls 1PP adds :unsure: (and I'm not even gonna try to decode how Erephine does her thing)

But applying the process that 1PP uses for the other paperdolls to JC seems to have fixed the problem for some reason :P

First confirm that there's a known BG1 animation crash somewhere.

Install attached mod supplement.

Check same place again after installing... hopefully you should see Kagain without BGII acting like it's racist towards dwarves wearing helmets :D

And yes, only items that use the JC animation crash... the affected items include HELM12 and HELM22 (perfectly non-magical generic helmet found in most NPCs... kinda explains why almost every fighter NPC is a potential CtD)

:cheers:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 16 August 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#153 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

Well, I don't ever install BG1 animations and I don't have any problems with JCed dwarves.

10th

#154 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

Thanks for the Kagain hint :D

He crashes in my game as well and turns out the culprit is... not his axe, not his shield, not an offhand weapon... BUT HIS FRIGGIN HELMET!!! >_> (new paperdoll JC from 1PP... making a list of all animations that crash as I type this)

So hopefully the next lolfixer can try to do stuff now :P

EDIT:

Turns out this new JC paperdoll seems to be handled differently compared to the other new paperdolls 1PP adds :unsure: (and I'm not even gonna try to decode how Erephine does her thing)

But applying the process that 1PP uses for the other paperdolls to JC seems to have fixed the problem for some reason :P

First confirm that there's a known BG1 animation crash somewhere.

Install attached mod supplement.

Check same place again after installing... hopefully you should see Kagain without BGII acting like it's racist towards dwarves wearing helmets :D

And yes, only items that use the JC animation crash... the affected items include HELM12 and HELM22 (perfectly non-magical generic helmet found in most NPCs... kinda explains why almost every fighter NPC is a potential CtD)

:cheers:

Thanks again for your hard work. :cheers:

I install this before i start my gaming session tonight. :coolthumb:

#155 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

@10th:

Yeah true :) The crash only happens with LOW_ animations that IA adds.

I gave Kagain the BGII dwarf anim and he loaded fine with the JC helm without the fix (and looked awesome I might add :D)

@micbaldur:

If you do run into more crashes besides this one though, remember to attach both the CRE and whatever ITMs it has equipped :P (just helm, weapon and shield/offhand)

Although looking at the 1PP code, everything else is standardized so if it crashed for one it should crash for the entire set... which hasn't happened so it's good :lol:

#156 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

@Lollorian

So you're "just" re-creating that helmet animation for LOW_ animations?

Btw, just in case you haven't tested them yet with BG1 anims:

J0 to J9, JA, JB

and there are some really nice looking ones among them.

J0 - open helmet with no horns
J1 - =J0

J2 - open winged helm

J3 - open helmet with forward curved horns

J4 - tin-can helmet with pointy horns and flowing top hair
J5 - open helmet with mohawk

J6 - open helmet with small pointy horns
J7 - =J0
J8 - open winged helm with no top horn
J9 - full helmet with flowing top hair and upward curved horns
JA - full helmet with wings with membranes and flowing top hair
JB - circlet

10th

Edited by 10th, 16 August 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#157 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:51 PM

Yup, no special patchy magic there just simple copy pasta :P

Tested them all and they have no problems with BG1 or BG2 animations :coolthumb: Just the JC set acts like a teenager...

Oh and...

JC - =J8 :P

I've also tested out the SC, S2, F2 and FS animations as well as some of the new shield animations (they all look bad in characters with BG1 animations but do not crash :D)

#158 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:58 AM

Vault: Vault changes The Vampire's Revenge (SW1H19.ITM) to The Vampire's Revenge +1 (SW1HVAM.ITM) and breaks quest from NTotSC mod. Beleg33 knows about it but hasn't fix it yet. Topic here. Fixed locally.

#159 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

Psst... would love some feedback about them crashing Kagains :P

#160 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

Psst... would love some feedback about them crashing Kagains :P

Ups, i totally forgot that. :whistling:

I tested Kagains. Kagain4 and Kagain11 don't CTD anymore.