Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#261 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

Ok yeah as I thought:

AR7211.ARE error: Actor #3 set to disappear after 0 seconds! Setting to -1...

Jarl's Adv Pack sets the Prisoner to disappear but the lolfixer thinks it's an error and makes him not disappear :lol: Will probably have to make an exception for this guy now - even though I think this is an inefficient way to replace a CRE in an area :unsure:

Great job. :coolthumb:

Yet again one bug killed :ROFL: only ... :blink: ... :wacko: ... bug left. :ermm:

Well at least we getting nearly bugless BWP little by little thanks to you Lollorian. :cheers:

Update:

I forgot to comment on that Nelfas Vrock issue.

I think that removing Prisoner is not a good idea from Jarl. :new_bottom: 

I think (me think, what a joke :P ) that there aren't any reason to remove Prisoner, why not just add Nelfas Vrock to area. Unnecessary actor removings like this might break other mods.

Well i'm no modder but that's my 2 cents (well let's put it 5 cents :P we don't have these smaller coins) about this issue.

Edited by micbaldur, 12 January 2014 - 08:48 AM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#262 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

One problem encountered while doing NEJ v6.94.

NEJ: Denaini (DENAINI.CRE) Towerlet 1 Level 1 in Severed Hand (AR5201.ARE) doesn't give item/items as reward from quests like she should. Fixed locally.

At DDENAINI.DLG edited Action 6 from:

Spoiler

to:

Spoiler

And Action 7 from:

Spoiler

to:

Spoiler

#263 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

NEJ: Other problem encountered. Custhantos (CUSTOS.CRE) at Library in Severed Hand (TT5102.ARE) doesn't give Book of Mythal (for Orrick) like he should. Fixed locally.

At DCUSTHAN.DLG edited Action 11 from:

Spoiler

to:

Spoiler

Probably other Actions from 0 to 10 doesn't work either. Didn't bother to check or fix.

#264 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:56 AM

Can you please attach your OBJECT.IDS? :)

Protagonist seems to be a valid object identifier... dunno why it's not working in your case :unsure: I ran a search for all GiveItemCreate() that use Protagonist and found lots of hits so was wondering if I should change everything to Player1 or if it's just something at your end :P

EDIT: I also noticed that you changed one of the usage parameters to 1 from 0 - is that the actual reason for your toons not getting the items? :lol:

Edited by Lollorian, 18 January 2014 - 03:58 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#265 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:58 AM

Can you please attach your OBJECT.IDS? :)

Protagonist seems to be a valid object identifier... dunno why it's not working in your case :unsure: I ran a search for all GiveItemCreate() that use Protagonist and found lots of hits so was wondering if I should change everything to Player1 or if it's just something at your end :P

EDIT: I also noticed that you changed one of the usage parameters to 1 from 0 - is that the actual reason for your toons not getting the items? :lol:

Of course if it helps you. :D

Attached File  OBJECT.IDS   1.69K   295 downloads

Well i don't know if Protagonist is working or not, i only check when there's problem. :ermm:

:whistling: About that parameter. Actually i didn't change it, i just copy/paste fix from working GiveItemCreate() from somewhere.

I looked from IESDP about GiveItemCreate() but didn't understand those Usages what they do.

GiveItemCreate(S:ResRef*,O:Object*,I:Usage1*,I:Usage2*,I:Usage3*)

This action creates the item specified by the resref parameter on the creature specified by the object parameter, with quantity/charges controlled by the usage parameters.

But those fixes i made works in my BWP game so that's what i'm aiming at. :P

Edited by micbaldur, 18 January 2014 - 05:00 AM.

#266 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:47 AM

I tested GiveItemCreate() with DCUSTHAN.DLG.

Changing "GiveItemCreate("BookRoc",Protagonist,0,0,0)" to "GiveItemCreate("BookRoc",Protagonist,1,0,0)" doesn't work but changing to "GiveItemCreate("BookRoc",Player1,1,0,0)" works.

So i don't know what is wrong with Protagonist or what that parameter Usage1 is? :blink:

#267 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

You got yourself some fixes bub :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#268 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

Usage1 can be either the amount of available charges for the 1st extended header (for items with charges), or number of items in a stack (for stackable items). It's similar to how the CLUAConsole:CreateItem() command works - using CLUAConsole:CreateItem("wand02",10,0,0) should create you Wand of Fear with 10 charges, while CLUAConsole:CreateItem("misc07",10,0,0) will create a stack of 10 gold pieces.

#269 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:47 AM

@ Lollorian

Thanks again for the fixes. :coolthumb:

@Pro5

Thanks for that info about Usage1, now i know what is does. :lol:

#270 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

Couple problems encountered in NEJ v6.94.

NEJ: Unkillable Snow Trolls (WTICETRL.CRE) in Ice Aquarium (TT7001.ARE) at Wyrm's Tooth. Cre-file is missing override script (TROLSNO1.BCS). Fixed locally.

NEJ: Unkillable Snow Trolls (INVISTRL.CRE) in Entrance (TT7002.ARE) at Wyrm's Tooth. Cre-file is missing override script (TROLSNO1.BCS). Fixed locally.

#271 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:29 AM

Couple problems encountered in NEJ v6.94. ---

NEJ: Unkillable Snow Trolls (INVISTRL.CRE) in Entrance (TT7002.ARE) at Wyrm's Tooth. Cre-file is missing override script (TROLSNO1.BCS). Fixed locally.

Hmm, I wouldn't be sure if the troll is actually supposed to be real... looking it's name, one could approximate that it might be a summoner for different creatures. As does the others name too... WTASIGHT script is a common default script put to all sort of enemy creatures that attack, maybe these were to actually originally put to summon stuff up and to be removed. But then, not having actual prefix for the name, and so forth, fun for all times around.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#272 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:19 AM

Well looking at area scripts i guess you are probably right.

Also in Icewind Dale everybody in Ice Aquarium turned hostile after i released the slaves at Slave Level (TT7003.ARE) but not in NEJ (bug? maybe, don't know). Talking to Kerish (after slaves are free) at Ice Aquarium (TT7001.ARE) doesn't do anything no hostilities or nothing new (no fun :( ) so i just attacked and killed Kerish (killing is fun :devil: ), others (snow trolls and frost salamanders) disappear from area (after Kerish is dead) unless they are near Kerish and turn hostile (not winter wolves though). Then they are unkillable trolls (frost salamanders die normally).

At Entrance (TT7002.ARE) enemies (snow trolls and frost salamanders) at attack straight away (before or after freeing slaves) and snow trolls are unkillable.

But regarding state of mod (probably dead) these are probably bugs (i think so, but then again what do i know, absolutely nothing :lol: ).

Better to fix them by changing then to normal killable trolls (changing override script) and then kill them (more fun that way). :P

#273 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

One problem at Irenicus Dungeon 2 (AR0603.ARE).

Silverstar NPC: Frennedan NPC mod overwrites Frennedan (SHAPE.CRE) and removes Cry Blade (D#CRYBL1.ITM) from inventory.

Also Silverstar's interjection in Frennedan's dialogue file (SHAPE.DLG) doesn't work (don't know why) so global "D#SilverSword" isn't set to "1". I have to test this little more (probably doesn't help, i don't know much about dialogue-files).

#274 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

Well, after some testings i don't know what's wrong with Silverstar's interjection at SHAPE.DLG.

So i made made workaround. Added these lines to AR0603.BCS:

Spoiler

#275 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

Encountered some item problems.

BG1NPCSoA: Some items in Kagain's Korner aren't flagged as droppable like they probably should. Dreamwrought Battle Armor (DEPO34.ITM), Woundhealer (DEPO240.ITM), Armor of the Sphinx (DEPO292.ITM) and Naj's Light Plate (DEPO295.ITM). Fixed locally.

Posted also in BG1NPCSoA topic so that Smiling Imp knows about issues and hopely fixes them sometime.

#276 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

I've just got this committed :cheers:

Both SilverStar and Frennedan will now patch SHAPE.CRE instead of overwriting them - so the Silver Sword will be present on Frennedan regardless of load order now. As for the missing interjections, it happens because Silver's interjections are tied to SHAPE.DLG while Frennedan changes to FRENJ.DLG if Frennedan is installed :P

Can't do much about that without some major dialogue rework.

Also, I changed your script addition to check for Silver in the party and just set the global to 1 (because the sword is already in Frennedan's inventory now :lol:)

#277 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:01 AM

I've just got this committed :cheers:

Both SilverStar and Frennedan will now patch SHAPE.CRE instead of overwriting them - so the Silver Sword will be present on Frennedan regardless of load order now. As for the missing interjections, it happens because Silver's interjections are tied to SHAPE.DLG while Frennedan changes to FRENJ.DLG if Frennedan is installed :P

Can't do much about that without some major dialogue rework.

Also, I changed your script addition to check for Silver in the party and just set the global to 1 (because the sword is already in Frennedan's inventory now :lol:)

Great thanks again. :cheers:

I don't mind that minor interjection, main thing is that SilverStar gets her Mommy. :lol:

Also thanks for those BG1NPCSoA item fixes. :coolthumb:  Hopely Smiling Imp fixes those in his mod in near future.

Edited by micbaldur, 26 January 2014 - 08:02 AM.

#278 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:06 AM

Few more minor problems.

NEJ: Problems in League Merchant spawning at Waukeen's Promenade (AR0700.ARE). Fixed by removing OnCreation() from AR0700.BCS:

Spoiler

This isn't first time i had encountered OnCreation() problem and probably not the last one.

Old Mods Pack: Monk's Gift (MOGIFT.ITM) isn't flagged as droppable in Diedre's shop at Adventurer's Smart (AR0702.ARE). Fixed locally.

Alassa NPC: Alassa's party banter with Jaheira fires at BG2 (like it did in BG1) even though she's not in party.

#279 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:17 AM

So this weekend's mini-project will be to methodically remove all redundant OnCreation() triggers that have a GLOBAL/LOCALS variable assigned to the block :cheers:

About Alassa and the Old Mods Pack though... here :P (she would speak if you had Mazzy or Viconia in your party as well :lol:)

#280 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

This might sound like old repeating record but thanks again for you hard work. :cheers:

Glad that these problems got sorted out quickly by you. :coolthumb: