Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#701 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:24 AM

and Globall("P#Rain","GLOBAL",6), thus I have another block looking for that condition.

Wouldn't it be better to just search for:

GlobalGT("P#Rain","GLOBAL",2)

:tease:

Edited by The Imp, 18 July 2015 - 07:24 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#702 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:28 AM

@Roxanne: AstroBryGuy proposed something better to preserve mod compatibility :)

Btw you ideally should not take the BWPFixpack into account when developing your mod - the fixpack exists just to provide compatibility and fix bugs that may ruin the overall megamod experience for mods that aren't updated :P It is a very volatile package that WILL change as the mods it patches get updated.

The actual mod author may choose to implement whatever stuff the BWPFixpack patches in a different manner entirely when actually updating their mod :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#703 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:58 AM

@Roxanne: AstroBryGuy proposed something better to preserve mod compatibility :)

Btw you ideally should not take the BWPFixpack into account when developing your mod - the fixpack exists just to provide compatibility and fix bugs that may ruin the overall megamod experience for mods that aren't updated :P It is a very volatile package that WILL change as the mods it patches get updated.

The actual mod author may choose to implement whatever stuff the BWPFixpack patches in a different manner entirely when actually updating their mod :cheers:

I am sorry that I have commented at all, I have now found the initial issue some 20 posts back. I understand that this would only affect some other mods, but the original trigger Dead("Centeol") or the alternative from BG1NPC (if installed) would remain. Thus my concern seems to be irrelevant.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#704 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:21 AM

and Globall("P#Rain","GLOBAL",6), thus I have another block looking for that condition.

Wouldn't it be better to just search for:

GlobalGT("P#Rain","GLOBAL",2)

:tease:

Not in this very specific case where several mods and several constellations of elves in the party (+ PC may be elf) are taken into account, any number between 2 and 7 triggers something else - I use 3 for Kivan, 6 for Xan, 7 for PC while BG1NPC uses 2,4,5 for Xan but that Xan needs to trigger before mine, once a specific sequence has triggered there is an end (the GT 2 may also trigger something at a much later stage in the game when you take one of the candidates into party....)

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#705 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:58 AM

any number between 2 and 7 triggers something else -
The GlobalGT( ... ,2) only triggers is the global is bigger than 2, but not 2 its-elf :tease: , so only at 3, 4, 5, 6.... and so on trigger it.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#706 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:44 PM

Encountered once again old oddity that i have experienced before but always forgotten to mention about it. This time i checked this little and figured out what kills Quinn but don't know why (as usual :P ).

Dark Horizons: Belt of Sune (CMBELT02.ITM) insta-kills Quinn (CMSEC05.CRE) when entering Section area (CM3375.ARE) at Beregost. Also it kills anybody who equips it, probably by setting CHA to 0, i think that it should add +1 bonus to CHA instead (don't know sure though). I don't know if this is intentional or not but still it's odd.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#707 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:29 PM

Lol this can be handled by the lolfixer :lol: Will have a look, fix and report (or get a certain Imp to report :P) tonight :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#708 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:07 AM

... and report (or get a certain Imp to report :P) tonight :)

Eagerly awaiting your PM, if the need arises. :devil:

Edited by The Imp, 05 August 2015 - 08:08 AM.

#709 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:03 AM

Yes the item is bugged for BGT (description says it should give +1 to charisma) in DarkHorizons v2.11 :) Next lolfixer should handle this automatically (which should be ideally caught and reported like this :P)

Master Imp, would you do the honors please :cheers: (I'll reset my password this weekend I promise :crying:)

EDIT: I make booboo of CHA and CON :(

Edited by Lollorian, 05 August 2015 - 11:17 AM.

#710 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:10 AM

Yes the item is bugged for BGT (description says it should give +1 to constitution) in DarkHorizons v2.11 :) Next lolfixer should handle this automatically (which should be ideally caught and reported like this :P)

Master Imp, would you do the honors please :cheers: (I'll reset my password this weekend I promise :crying:)

Thanks again. :cheers:

By the way  :whistling: It's bonus to CHA not CON.

#711 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:13 AM

:ermm: :doh: Yes CHA :P

Btw micbaldur man, can you run the attached TP2? It will give you any other items like this that we can report :)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 05 August 2015 - 11:23 AM.

#712 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:15 PM

Well i run it and he's debug-file.

Attached File  SETUP-STATMODIFIERFIXER.DEBUG   254.04K   217 downloads

I think that Belt of Sune was only bugged item.

Update:

Belt of Sune is fixed. Nice job once again. :cheers:

Edited by micbaldur, 05 August 2015 - 02:02 PM.

#713 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

Deidre and Joluv in BGT: In BG1 Deidre (WMART2_.CRE) and Joluv (WMART1_.CRE) doesn't have dlg-file assinged and mod breaks stores in BG2. Probably something went wrong while compiling mod dialogue files WMART1_.d and WMART2_.d, WMART1.dlg and WMART2.dlg are ovewritten (now dlg-files starts WMART2_.STO and WMART1_.STO not WMART2.STO and WMART1.STO like they should in BG2).

Update:

From SETUP-WMART.DEBUG:

Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
Adding WMART1 to internal list of available DLGs
[WMART1.DLG] saved    2 states, 3 trans, 1 strig, 0 ttrig, 1 actions
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Adding WMART2 to internal list of available DLGs
[WMART2.DLG] saved    2 states, 3 trans, 1 strig, 0 ttrig, 1 actions
override/WMART2.dlg copied to wmart/backup/0/WMART2.dlg, 6522 bytes
Compiling 1 script ...

Edited by micbaldur, 07 August 2015 - 07:55 PM.

#714 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:26 PM

That mod has way bigger issues than unassigned scripts :lol: (seriously how was this unreported for so long? :o)

#715 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:45 PM

That mod has way bigger issues than unassigned scripts :lol: (seriously how was this unreported for so long? :o)

Well this is the first time i use this mod and it was only recently added to BWP v15.

Actually i don't have any other problems with this mod other than this DLG-file problem.

I noticed that Lolfixer removed those missing WMART1_.DLG and WMART2_.DLG entries from cre-files. :lol:

From SETUP-LOLFIXER.DEBUG:

WMART1_.CRE error: Non-existent dialogue (WMART1_.DLG) nulled...
override/WMART1_.CRE copied to lolfixer/backup/5/WMART1_.CRE, 1096 bytes
Copied [WMART1_.CRE] to [override/WMART1_.CRE]

I think that only problem is that weidu can't handle underlines in d file names so it fails to compile those d-files ending up overwriting original dlg-files.

Luckily it easy to fix those dlg-files ingame.

#716 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:28 PM

Take Deidre and Joluv in BGT v2.0 from here http://baldur.cob-bg...7?format=simple That works.

#717 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:18 AM

Well shit :doh: (Btw micbaldur, the fix would be to modify the BEGIN lines in the 2 D files in the mod to have underscores :P ... but I have a better idea)

#718 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:02 AM

Well shit :doh: (Btw micbaldur, the fix would be to modify the BEGIN lines in the 2 D files in the mod to have underscores :P ... but I have a better idea)

Something for my next BWP 17 (maybe?) next year (maybe?).

Thanks again for your hard work. :cheers:

#719 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:34 PM

Well i still have same problem with Baldur's Gate Trilogy Graphics Overhaul.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy Graphics Overhaul: There are 3 graphical abnormalities (closed doors) at Baldur's Gate (AR8100.ARE) during nighttime. If i open the doors abnormalities disappear and come back if i close doors. Fixed by putting AR8100N.WED to override folder from Prozh's fix here.

#720 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:41 AM

Reported and BWPFixpack'd :cheers: