Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#361 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:22 AM

:o

Holy fuck micbaldur chill down! I reported! Don't hurt me :crying:

@Creepin: Yeah haven't fixed the Eshpurta thing :P You can download the fixed files from github by clicking on the "View" button on the right of any file any file and choosing "View raw data" - but here are fixed files for your gaming pleasure anyway (beware of fucked up names for these fixed files - you should preferably overwrite them in the mods they are before installing :lol:)

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#362 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:27 AM

Also, micbaldur, what you can do is copy AR0903.WED and .TIS to DD0903.WED and TIS respectively (in the override folder)

Open AR0903.ARE and change its WED resource to point to DD0903.WED

Open DD0903.WED and change its TIS resource to point to DD0903.TIS

Then finally, grab delete AR0903.TIS and AR0903.WED from your override and drop their backups from the BG2Tweaks folder into your override.

If there are no backups, it means they come from a BIF and so you'll need to extract them from a vanilla game. There should be a backup in some random mod's backup folder - maybe BGGraphics?

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#363 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:33 AM

:o

Holy fuck micbaldur chill down! I reported! Don't hurt me :crying:
Well totally sorry  :crying:  if it looked like i slash out on you (i never slash out on you on, you are great :hug: :cheers: :Bow: ), i was just frustrated and slashing out on that :wall: AR0903.TIS :wall: file.

Edited by micbaldur, 08 June 2014 - 04:34 AM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#364 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:07 AM

Also, micbaldur, what you can do is copy AR0903.WED and .TIS to DD0903.WED and TIS respectively (in the override folder)

Open AR0903.ARE and change its WED resource to point to DD0903.WED

Open DD0903.WED and change its TIS resource to point to DD0903.TIS

Then finally, grab delete AR0903.TIS and AR0903.WED from your override and drop their backups from the BG2Tweaks folder into your override.

If there are no backups, it means they come from a BIF and so you'll need to extract them from a vanilla game. There should be a backup in some random mod's backup folder - maybe BGGraphics?

Well i tried that but containers and doors still at wrong places (old places not flipped places). So i meshed up somewhere there, no suprise. :P

I'm starting to think that i'm going to ignore this and move on.

#365 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:23 AM

Finally fixed this locally.

Thanks Lollorian. :hug: :cheers: :Bow: :coolthumb: :clap: :new_thumbs:

Thanks also for reporting this to G3.

:crying: I'm so sorry if you felt that i offended you, that was NEVER my intention. :blush: So i probably deserve some :new_bottom:

#366 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:54 AM

No no lol I was kidding :ROFL:

The fucking Lolmaester is too boss to be offended 8) Glad you got it fixed :cheers:

#367 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

Well i'm glad. :lol:

Actually i'm Asshole this tells all about me.  :devil:  So i could offend if i wanted to ;) but i don't.  :P  Great band  :woot: by the way.

About that fix it took me "awhile" before i found where i can edit DD0903.WED to use DD0903.TIS with NI. Typical for me. :lol:

#368 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:59 AM

@Creepin: Yeah haven't fixed the Eshpurta thing :P You can download the fixed files from github by clicking on the "View" button on the right of any file any file and choosing "View raw data" - but here are fixed files for your gaming pleasure anyway (beware of fucked up names for these fixed files - you should preferably overwrite them in the mods they are before installing :lol:)

Thanks a lot Lollorian! I take it I could safely dump your .are file into override (as always in last 6 years, I manage to emerge from Cloackwood mines by the time new bugs are found out, so I'm totally not looking forward to restart :crazy:), and if I'll do the same to .cre, all I risk is fubared creature's name, but still I guess I'll just compare your cre with mine and will fix mine accordingly :)

Edited by Creepin, 08 June 2014 - 07:00 AM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#369 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:19 AM

Actually i'm Asshole this tells all about me.  :devil: 

Have to disagree. With the testing and actions like this... you have become valuable part of our community. Of course this is just an small spawn of hell saying this, but..

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#370 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

Have to disagree. With the testing and actions like this... you have become valuable part of our community. Of course this is just an small spawn of hell saying this, but..

Well yes maybe i'm really good at faking  :whistling: good guy. :P

But all it's doesn't change fact that in RL i'm Asshole. :devil: And still that song and band are great. :ROFL:

#371 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:31 AM

Re: TDD - BG2Tweaks

Solution #1: One of them has to use a custom WED+TIS - I initially thought TDD should use it because it's new content, but changing BG2Tweaks to add the new rotated temple layout (by changing AR0903.ARE to point to a new WED which uses a new TIS) instead of overwriting the existing files would be better in the long run (preserves compatibility for all mods that use AR0903.WED/TIS)
The problem with this is that BGII:EE uses the rotated tileset as its default, meaning TDD is going to have to cross this bridge eventually.
Solution #2: TDD's map objects need to rotate along with the new map layout - but this is (I think) hard work and it's always better to have more layouts in the game yes? :lol:
It's not that hard, no. DLTCEP has an area function to flip the tileset--tools > mirror or somesuch, which is how I did it originally--and then you can use the exact same tp2 code in Tweaks to adjust the coordinates/vertices of the are file as well as scripts and dialogues.

Alternatively, since Tweaks should be installed after TDD regardless, just give me a list of files that need to be adjusted and Tweaks will do it in future versions. It's already detecting and updating stuff from RE, for example.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#372 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

Well i'm back to my slowly grind to Throne of Bhaal after 2 months of RL issues like World Cup 2014 and summer holiday (shit back to work :wall:  on monday).

Hopely Lollorian is ready for possible bug fixing :P though he haven't been around past couple months and it worries me a lot. :crying:

#373 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:00 AM

Lollorian now is fully into summer. :'(

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#374 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

BP Script problem: Tresham (TRESHAM1.CRE) (RoT) at Slums (AR0400) stays hostile. He should change neutral and start talking. Fixed locally by removing default script BPWDASGT.BCS (probably changing to WTASIGHT.BCS is better fix).

#375 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

Great thanks again Lollorian. :cheers:

Let's hope that these NEJ problems get fixed by Vlad in near future.

Here's one more problem but not NEJ related this time. :P

Grimuars: Grimuars mod component "Tougher Ardhata" overwrites Adratha (TRRAK01.CRE) so Com Encounters, Munchmod and BP addditions are gone.

Change-log:

Spoiler

Also Jalaal (TRRAK03.CRE) and Saadat (TRRAK02.CRE) have problems.

Here problem at Setup-Grimuars.tp:

Spoiler

Also component "Tougher Evil Party in Temple District - NOT COMPATIBLE WITH IMPROVED BATTLES" overwrites but it's not installed due to Improved Battles so no problems for me. Component "Tougher Gaal" overwites but it doesn't cause problems.

Never the less overwriting is bad thing.

Hi micbaldur!! :)

About Grimuars are you so kind to tell me what is "exactly" the problem with "Gaal" and "Ardhata"?? Can I fix them locally?? I installed "Com Encounters" and "BP"!! I don't wouldn't reinstall all my game for that problem.

Thanks!

Edit: I saw Lollorian fixed this problem but I'm not a modder and I don't undersand anything of what was fixed.... :crying:

Edited by ilot, 10 August 2014 - 11:14 AM.

Italian mods tanslator!!!!

#376 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:37 AM

Hi micbaldur!! :)

About Grimuars are you so kind to tell me what is "exactly" the problem with "Gaal" and "Ardhata"?? Can I fix them locally?? I installed "Com Encounters" and "BP"!! I don't wouldn't reinstall all my game for that problem.
Thanks!

Edit: I saw Lollorian fixed this problem but I'm not a modder and I don't undersand anything of what was fixed.... :crying:

Hi ilot :cheers:

They are mostly missing some items from those mods. You can add those items with CLUAConsole, Shadowkeeper or NI if you want them.

Ardratha (TRRAK01.CRE) is missing Katana +3 "El Tel'lerian" (UCMGSW02) and Soul Sipper (SGSW1H3).

Saadat (TRRAK02.CRE) is missing Bracers of Disintegation (UCMGBR01).

That Lollorian fix is pre-install fix so it requires reinstalling everything.

Edited by micbaldur, 10 August 2014 - 11:38 AM.

#377 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

Ok then, using Near Infinity I can put the items in the inventory of them and I fixed the problem, right? 

Edit:

And about Gaal and Jalaal?

Edited by ilot, 10 August 2014 - 12:21 PM.

#378 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

Ok then, using Near Infinity I can put the items in the inventory of them and I fixed the problem, right? 

Yes.
Edit:
And about Gaal and Jalaal?
Jalaal is ok no missing items.

Gaal is ok no missing items.

#379 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

As usual,  I thank you very much!! You solve always my problems. :new_thumbs:  :new_thumbs:  :new_thumbs:  

Edited by ilot, 10 August 2014 - 12:37 PM.

#380 ilot

ilot
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:12 PM

TDD: Problem with script AR0300.BCS at Docks (AR0300.ARE). Trigger !IsGabber(PlayerX) prevents script firing. I checked IESDP what that trigger does but i didn't get any smarter. Fixed locally by removing those triggers.

Removed !IsGabber(PlayerX) from block:

IF
	!IsGabber(Player1)
	!IsGabber(Player2)
	!IsGabber(Player3)
	!IsGabber(Player4)
	!IsGabber(Player5)
	!IsGabber(Player6)
	Global("XzarPartyBG1","GLOBAL",0)
	OR(2)
		Global("LyrosJob","GLOBAL",3)
		Dead("LYROS")
	Exists("Rylock")
	Global("RylockLeavesHarperDoor","AR0300",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("RylockLeavesHarperDoor","AR0300",1)
		CloseDoor("DOOR0308")
		Lock("DOOR0308")
		ActionOverride("Rylock",EscapeArea())
		Wait(5)
		CreateVisualEffectObject("spdimndr",Player1)
		Wait(1)
		CreateCreatureObjectOffset("xzar13",Player1,[150.0]) // Xzar
END

Hi micbaldur

Do You play "TDD" or "TDD sin TDD"?

About the above mentioned TDD problem you have removed:

!IsGabber(Player1)
!IsGabber(Player2)
!IsGabber(Player3)
!IsGabber(Player4)
!IsGabber(Player5)
!IsGabber(Player6)

and you modified AR0300.BCS as follow, right?

IF
Global("XzarPartyBG1","GLOBAL",0)
OR(2)
Global("LyrosJob","GLOBAL",3)
Dead("LYROS")
Exists("Rylock")
Global("RylockLeavesHarperDoor","AR0300",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("RylockLeavesHarperDoor","AR0300",1)
CloseDoor("DOOR0308")
Lock("DOOR0308")
ActionOverride("Rylock",EscapeArea())
Wait(5)
CreateVisualEffectObject("spdimndr",Player1)
Wait(1)
CreateCreatureObjectOffset("xzar13",Player1,[150.0]) // Xzar
END

Edit: What was the problem with Docks Area and TDD?

I'm sorry to write in your topic but seem I have almost the same your problems in my game!!!! :)

Edited by ilot, 12 August 2014 - 12:21 PM.