Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#741 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:57 AM

Ok temporary fix :) Extract and drop the attachment into your override and remove Drizzt's offhand weapon using NI.

What you faced is an engine issue - more details here and here :cheers: Will try to WeiDU out something...

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#742 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 08:55 AM

Ok temporary fix :) Extract and drop the attachment into your override and remove Drizzt's offhand weapon using NI.

What you faced is an engine issue - more details here and here :cheers: Will try to WeiDU out something...

Ok, thanks once again. :cheers:

I'll do that when get back home later tonight and start my gaming session.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#743 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:21 AM

Ok the attached TP2 will handle moving offhand weapons for CREs with BG1 animations to their inventory :) Grab a WeiDU.exe and rename to setup-bg1animfix.exe to run :cheers:

Spoiler

PS: In my vanilla install with some random mods this found HGSKL02.CRE had a DAGG02.ITM equipped in the offhand - I spawned it and it didn't crash immediately... But Ctrl+Q it and try to re-equip the dagger and BOOM! :D

THe lolfixer should handle shit like this in the future... once I figure out where the hell this code should go :lol:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 04 September 2015 - 10:25 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#744 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:43 AM

Ok the attached TP2 will handle moving offhand weapons for CREs with BG1 animations to their inventory :) Grab a WeiDU.exe and rename to setup-bg1animfix.exe to run :cheers:

Spoiler

PS: In my vanilla install with some random mods this found HGSKL02.CRE had a DAGG02.ITM equipped in the offhand - I spawned it and it didn't crash immediately... But Ctrl+Q it and try to re-equip the dagger and BOOM! :D

THe lolfixer should handle shit like this in the future... once I figure out where the hell this code should go :lol:

Ok i install this later when i get back home later tonight. :clap:

Well Drizzt didn't cause CTD right away, but when i loaded save then it CTD. Luckily i didn't get far in Drizzt Saga when i discoved this CTD last night. Re-starting Drizzt Saga tonight after i install this later tonight. :D

#745 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 03:04 PM

Hi, Lollorian. :D

I'll run your fix and here's results from debug-file:

7XCRE29.CRE error: Invalid OFFHAND: DR1-6S.itm! Moving to Inventory Slot #7
AACRE183.CRE error: Invalid OFFHAND: dagg15.itm! Moving to Inventory Slot #1
AAHERO.CRE error: Invalid OFFHAND: AAITM138.itm! Moving to Inventory Slot #1
F_DRIZZT.CRE error: Invalid OFFHAND: F_DRIWP2.itm! Moving to Inventory Slot #3
HAMMER.CRE error: Invalid OFFHAND: SWORDHAM.itm! Moving to Inventory Slot #1
WALKARM3.CRE error: Invalid OFFHAND: AX1H01.itm! Moving to Inventory Slot #1

Now back to slow grind to Throne of Bhaal. :woot:

#746 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 05:50 PM

Vault: Vault changes Ulcaster's reward (ULCAST.DLG) to "The Vampire's Revenge +1" (SW1HVAM.ITM) so "The Vampire's Revenge" (SW1H19.ITM) is "removed" from game and Ruad's item enhancement in BG2 is broken. "Fixed" locally.

#747 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:27 PM

SoBH: BWP Fixpack fix at AR6526.BAF has typo, which causes Fabio not show up at Candlekeep.
Changed:

GlobalLT("BHQuestAccept","GLOBAL",9)

to:

GlobalLT("BHQuestAccept","GLOBAL",10)

Also new BWP Fixpack 15.4 has this.

#748 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:52 PM

Minor problem encountered at Garrotten Castle.

SoBH: Mayor Arness dialogue (BHARRNES.DLG) has script name typo at Fabio's interjection. Fixed locally.

At Response triggers 8 and 9 changed:

BHFABIO

to:

FABIO

#749 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:13 PM

Both BoneHillv275 fixes are BWPFixpack'd :cheers:

As for the Vampiric sword - wasn't there some mod that made you get both SW1H10 and SW1HVAMP in that quest? :unsure:

#750 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:47 PM

Both BoneHillv275 fixes are BWPFixpack'd :cheers:

As for the Vampiric sword - wasn't there some mod that made you get both SW1H10 and SW1HVAMP in that quest? :unsure:

Thanks for the for the fixes. :new_thumbs:

:whistling: Actually it's SW1H19, but think that you just made typo.

If there's quest that gives both swords i have never found it, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any mod that add that kind of quest. :P

I try to find more info of this later today.

#751 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:03 AM

Well, I made search for any references to SW1H19 and didn't found any quest or something like that. Only Ulcaster and Ruad dialogues refers it, also Tilorn from NeJ wants to take almost all items from you before sending you to Halruaa.

But still this doesn't mean that there aren't some quest somewhere hidden behind vile darkness of evil intentions and mist of poisonous cloud of rotting... but i can't find it. :P

Decided to add restoring SW1H19 to my MicMod (along with Flametongue).

#752 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:33 AM

Well, I made search for any references to SW1H19 and didn't found any quest or something like that. Only Ulcaster and Ruad dialogues refers it, also Tilorn from NeJ wants to take almost all items from you before sending you to Halruaa.

But still this doesn't mean that there aren't some quest somewhere hidden behind vile darkness of evil intentions and mist of poisonous cloud of rotting... but i can't find it. :P

Decided to add restoring SW1H19 to my MicMod (along with Flametongue).

In the mist of poisonous cloud of rotting and hidden behind vile darkness of evil intentions I am using SW1H19 as a trigger within my mod. Nothing game breaking but the loss of a little side-quest when the item is not there. Anyway, I am currently hunting down all those issues created by various creature/item mods in order to protect against their tweaks. This is another useful hint to one of those.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#753 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:27 PM

Ascalons Quest Pack: Typo at tp2-file. Area script is added to wrong area script AR7270.BCS not AR7200.BCS like it probably should.

From Setup-AC_QUEST.tp2:

EXTEND_TOP ~%NWBaldursGate_House4_L2_BCS%.bcs~ ~AC_QUEST/baf/AR7200.baf~

It probably should be:

EXTEND_TOP ~%NWBaldursGate_BCS%.bcs~ ~AC_QUEST/baf/AR7200.baf~

Maybe  :ermm:  not for sure though.

#754 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:56 PM

BWPFixpack'd :cheers: (you had some issue with this in game btw? Or were you randomly looking at TP2 fils and you found this? :lol:)

Edited by Lollorian, 18 September 2015 - 08:56 PM.

#755 xagon

xagon
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:26 AM

Hi everyone. Just yesterday I installed BG1+2 with BWS. It's the first time I ever tried modding a game to this extent so I was very happy that everything worked. I started playing and everything worked just fine. Until Khaled and Jaheira joined the party. Now, Imoen and Bragar suddenly stop moving all the time. I googled for a solution to this "movement bug" but didn't find anything. Can you guys help me out? I reloaded but they still stop moving all the time. I'm a complete modding noob so I have no idea what to do. :D

edit: They keep looking at each other as if they want to start a conversation, too.

Edited by xagon, 19 September 2015 - 12:31 AM.

#756 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 01:41 AM

edit: They keep looking at each other as if they want to start a conversation, too.

Try and start up a conversation between the two. With the dialog button you have with only one of them selected, or with your main char with one and so forth.

To know what's really going on, you can try and use the LStest mod/tool, it's a little tricky, and the archive in the post is very old, so while you extract it to the game folder, do not overwrite the weidu.exe in there.

Yes, that's just the start ...next you need to know what's wrong with the script, how to fix it, remove the LStest mod, and recompile the script and then go on playing.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#757 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:54 AM

BWPFixpack'd :cheers: (you had some issue with this in game btw? Or were you randomly looking at TP2 fils and you found this? :lol:)

Thanks again for the fix. :coolthumb:

Well  :D  i don't check tp2-files randomly (only when i have problem) and yes i had issue with him because he didn't show up like he did in my previous BWP install.

When i play i use Infinity Explorer v 0.85 to check dlg-files and NI for everything else, i also have my BWP walkthrough to find out these kind of problems. :D

Update:

Oh i also use EEKeeper for checking items, creatures, globals, locals and effects.

@ xagon

I suggest that you start you own topic (put you weidu.log there) about your problems because your problems have nothing to do with my BWP game and they might get buried here so that others might not find them.

Edited by micbaldur, 19 September 2015 - 06:13 AM.

#758 xagon

xagon
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:10 AM

Try and start up a conversation between the two. With the dialog button you have with only one of them selected, or with your main char with one and so forth.

To know what's really going on, you can try and use the LStest mod/tool, it's a little tricky, and the archive in the post is very old, so while you extract it to the game folder, do not overwrite the weidu.exe in there.

Yes, that's just the start ...next you need to know what's wrong with the script, how to fix it, remove the LStest mod, and recompile the script and then go on playing.

thanks. I did that and this message keeps repeating: "Block 48 of ACBRE.BCS" What do I do next to find out what's wrong with it?

edit: I found this:

block 48 of ACBRE.BCS
		PlaySong(115)
		ActionOverride("imoen2",StartDialogueNoSet("ACBRE"))
END

IF
	GlobalGT("CHAPTER","GLOBAL",1)
	InParty(Myself)
	InParty("imoen2")
	OR(2)
		Global("ACBreImmyActive","GLOBAL",0)
		Global("ACBreImmyActive","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayString(Myself,152002)) // Running

Edited by xagon, 19 September 2015 - 06:47 AM.

#759 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:18 AM

Attach your ACBRE.BCS :) (it should be in some folder inside the generalized_biffing folder)

I think micbaldur would appreciate it if you create a new thread about your problem btw (link to this thread so we have the original posts) :P

#760 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:19 AM

Got ninjaed...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.