121 replies to this topic

#81 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

Lines 18-22 in setup.tra

icon11.gif W_GUI - a GUI replacement for Baldur's Gate 2/TUTU/BGT/CA
icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#82 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

Ready!
Translation by Lihtenshtein (arcanecoast.ru)

Attached Files

Edited by prowler, 20 April 2012 - 11:52 PM.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#83 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Thanks. I will add it to the mod tomorrow.

icon11.gif W_PackMule - Your own pack mule for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA, BGEE and BG2:EE

icon11.gif Psionics Unleashed - play as a Psion, mod for Baldur's Gate 2/Tutu/BGT/CA

#84 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

When you've added it, send the updated copy to me so I can update the DM -- the upload function is still unusable.

#85 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:49 AM

Done. Thanks again to Lihtenshtein for translation and Kal for helping me upload this update.

#86 -PoMR-

-PoMR-

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

Minor issue - in the description you say that the mule vendor can be found in the Northeast, but he's actually in the Northwest. :)

#87 -dabear-

-dabear-

Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:54 AM

Hello,
I have some questions to a (hopefully) simple problem with the mod.

Problem:
  • I installed the Mod during the BiG.World installation routine.
    I'm playing the mod in german language.
    I'm playing version 1.3a
  • I started with BG1.
    When I talked to Stedd at the Friendly Arm for the first time, I didn't buy the mule.
  • Now I want to buy the mule (at the Friendly Arm). But every time I talk to Stedd there's the following dialogue:
    Stedd: "Hallo, kommt ihr zurück um über Arveen zu reden? Der beste Packesel auf Faerûn!" ("Hello, are you back to talk about Arveen? The best pack mule in Faerûn!")
    There is only one choice in this dialogue:
    Me: "Nein, ich wollte nur wissen, ob sie immernoch zu verkaufen ist" ("No, I just wanted to know, if she's still for sale.")
    Stedd: "Klar, wenn Ihr es Euch noch überlegen wollt, dann bin ich noch einige Zeit hier." ("Sure, if you still want to think about it, I'll be here for some time").
    Then the dialogue is over.
    --> So for me, there's no possibility to buy the mule now.
  • I tried to change the map, but it didn't work.
    I tried to start the dialogue again after one day had passed in the game, but it didn't work.
    I tried to re-install the mod, but it didn't work.
    I tried to uninstall and install it again, but it didn't work.
Question:
  • Are there any values which I can set back to a specific value to start the dialogue again?
  • Which program should I use (link)?
  • Please give me a short description how to fix this problem without starting the game from the beginning again.
BTW:
It's a great idea to insert a pack mule in the game. Thanks that you did it! I'm eager to use the mod.

#88 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:09 AM

How much gold do you have? Cause it seams you don't have enough. Depending on your charisma and dialogue options you took when you talked to Stedd first time, you will need something between 2000-800 gp. So to test if it's really bugged be sure to have more than 2000gp when you talk to him.

#89 Sasha Al'Therin

Sasha Al'Therin
  • Modder
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:15 AM

Check for the value of the variable W_PackMuleWrangler
Depending upon this value you have to have so much gold on hand in order to get the mule. That value was set on how well you could barter the price down.

To make it easier.... here's a little chart on variable value and required gold value
W_PackMuleWrangler = 1		  Party Gold > 1999
W_PackMuleWrangler = 2		  Party Gold > 1699
W_PackMuleWrangler = 3          Party Gold > 1499
W_PackMuleWrangler = 4		  Party Gold > 999
W_PackMuleWrangler = 5		  Party Gold > 799

and Kwiat_W posted while I was typing ^^

My working mods:
an AI Party Script for BG2 game engine DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Interactive Tweaks for BG series with some IWD support. DOWNLOAD LINK ONLY!
Rest For 8 Hours an IWD mod
-------------------------------------------
My contributions: BG1Fixpack, BG1Tweaks
On Hold: Solestia an NPC for SOA
-------------------------------------------
My website: http://sasha-altheri...s.com/index.htm

#90 -dabear-

-dabear-

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

Thank's a lot for this quick and clear answer!

I checked the variable with the ShadowKeeper (LINK, for the next poor guy) and made a test with enough gold in my pocket.
It was truly, that I owned to less gold!
I knew I had a bad feeling when buying so much stuff before going to Stedd. ^^

So thanks again, I'm back in Faerûn the next hours/days ;)

#91 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:44 AM

Mod has been updated!

1.4 (09.06.2013)
- added support for BGEE and BG2EE (separate release for BGEE will be discontinued)
- non english translation should no longer crash BGEE

There is nothing new for non-EE games.

#92 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:07 PM

Kwiat_W, make sure that you take a look at this, it looks like you have a typo and it results at least to a file missing, which will crash the game when the missing animation part is shown, the rest is for you to read and figure out.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#93 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

I have uploaded version 1.4a that fixes problems with non-enhanced edition of BG2. None of the changes made affects BGEE or BG2EE which should be working fine with either 1.4 or 1.4a.

#94 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:46 AM

Or you can add the code below to the end of "setup-w_packmule.tp2" and run the "setup-w_packmule.exe". This will add a new component "packmule patch" that should fix most problems (unfortunately the spell used to summon packmule will still be named "Here's 5 gold. Get yourself a hot meal.").

BEGIN ~Packmule patch~

COPY ~w_PackMule/bam/uDIA1.bam~ ~override/µDIA1.bam~
APPEND ~animate.ids~ ~0x5293 PACK_MULE_WOW~ UNLESS ~^0x5293~
COPY_EXISTING ~w_mule.cre~ ~OVERRIDE~
SAY NAME1 @1002
SAY NAME2 @1002
WRITE_SHORT 0x28 0x5293 //Animation ID PACK_MULE_WOW

COPY_EXISTING ~w_pwrang.cre~ ~override~
SAY NAME1 @1003
SAY NAME2 @1003

COPY_EXISTING ~w_mflow.spl~ ~override~
SAY NAME1 @1004
COPY_EXISTING ~w_mwait.spl~ ~override~
SAY NAME1 @1005
COPY_EXISTING ~w_mstay.spl~ ~override~
SAY NAME1 @1006

#95 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

I am doing a a mega mod installation. Do i just replace the packmule 1.4 with 1.4a in my bigworld downloads folder?

#96 Kwiat_W

Kwiat_W
  • Modder
  • 290 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

Yes.

#97 -fuy-

-fuy-

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:43 AM

Thank you so much for this mod. It's a godsend for FPS.

I would like to highlight some points that could use tweaking, though:

1) it requires infinity animations, and IA isn't available on Mac. I changed the animation to Moose to use it. Having some non-serious fallback option would be nice.

2) mule sounds quickly get annoying. And they even appear to happen indoors, where is no mule!
3) being in direct control of the mule isn't very convenient. Every time you select all team and send them into attack, mule goes there too.

Moreover, it constantly checks player speed and casts the corresponding spell. It makes game unplayable when you have autopause on "spell cast"

Because of that, I changed him to blue circle. It's much more convenient not being able to control it directly. And for the duration of the combat, just use escapearea, so it doesn't block pathways, etc.

I can provide patches, if there's interest.

#98 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:46 AM

Definitely - please share your patches.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#99 -Leandro-

-Leandro-

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:14 PM

Is this pack mule supposed to be a mule? Because to me its like a walking giant mushroom. Is it correct?

#100 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:43 PM

Is this pack mule supposed to be a mule? Because to me its like a walking giant mushroom. Is it correct?
Yes. Into which game did you install this mod into ? Cause you might have something that overwrites the animation and so you might get the wrong one...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.