Photo

BWS - Baldur's Gate Trilogy fails to install no matter what I do

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 The Arcanamach

The Arcanamach
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:54 AM

I get this upon attempting to run BWS: The Baldur's Gate II folder you entered is incorrect. It is important that this folder is named correctly. Please close BWS, rename the folder to BGII-SoA and put it in the same folder as Baldur's Gate...etc.

Ive checked and the path should be correct. Im not in the Program Files either. I specified the path manually when I installed and did so again when I attempted to run BWS. I guess Im a fairly noob mod player but this should be easy. Its not like its the first time Ive had to edit a path.

It also tells me the CD5\Movies\25movies.bif is missing. Ive checked and it is there. Am I supposed to move it or something?

#22 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:14 PM

[...]rename the folder to BGII-SoA[...]

It's "BGII - SoA" and not "BGII-SoA"

Hope this helps.

#23 The Arcanamach

The Arcanamach
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:43 PM

Thanks for the quick reply Fouinto...will check and see if I failed to put spaces around the hyphen. Now, any takers an the movie.bif?

#24 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:57 PM

The "Baldur's Gate II" folder you entered is not correct. It is important that this folder is named correctly. Please close the "BiG World Setup", rename the folder to "BGII - SoA" and put it in the same folder as "Baldur's Gate".
Open the baldur.ini in the BG2 folder with a texteditor like notepad and go to [ALIAS] to change the correct BG2 folder in the lines.
Start the BWS and select the "BGII - SoA" directory again.

Did you do the etc.?

Edited by dabus, 13 March 2011 - 01:58 PM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.