Photo

NPCs Instigating Crashes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SirRalen

SirRalen
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:22 AM

Hola. I'm recently returning to PS:T after discovering it by stepping on the discs as they fell out of a storage bin. So I'm playing with the gog.com version.

The Ghostdog UI is fantastic and I'm really enjoying it, but I'm having some problems.

Notably, without changing my resolution or altering anything about the Ghostdog UI, entering small buildings and talking to NPCs (mostly Mebbeth) causes the game to crash. Entering and leaving the building without talking to anyone never causes a crash.

I don't have any proof positive that this problem is related to the UI mod, but the other threads about Ghostdog bugs are so similar to my problem I though I should start here.

Again, I'm not changing the resolution mid-save or any of the other things the readme warns you about.

Thoughts?

#2 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:08 PM

I don't think your crashes have anything to do with my mod. The "small buildings crash" (which is a widescreen mod issue BTW) happens the moment you try to enter a small building, and it's an area problem, it's not related to NPCs. Anyway, to be sure it's not my UI, you could uninstall my mod and try to talk to mebbeth again (don't worry, If you re-install afterwards at the same resolution, it will be OK).

Now, what you're talking about sounds mostly like something you should search about in the fixpack forums. I think I've read reports before, about the game crashing when initiating dialog with certain NPCs, but can't recall specifics.

#3 SirRalen

SirRalen
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 02:25 PM

I don't think your crashes have anything to do with my mod. The "small buildings crash" (which is a widescreen mod issue BTW) happens the moment you try to enter a small building, and it's an area problem, it's not related to NPCs. Anyway, to be sure it's not my UI, you could uninstall my mod and try to talk to mebbeth again (don't worry, If you re-install afterwards at the same resolution, it will be OK -EDIT: JUST DON"T SAVE THE GAME WHILE YOU"RE AT IT !).

Now, what you're talking about sounds mostly like something you should search about in the fixpack forums. I think I've read reports before, about the game crashing when initiating dialog with certain NPCs, but can't recall specifics.

Will do, thanks for your response.

Edited by ghostdog, 06 March 2011 - 02:45 PM.

#4 -Harada-

-Harada-

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:54 AM

Hi and thanks for the (almost perfect, although I'm not sure if they're to blame) mods.

I bought the game from gog and followed their instructions for the mods (no problems installing them). But.. Speaking to some NPCs causes the dialog screen to "lock" without giving any opportunity to click for answers or to leave the dialog. Nothing to be done except close the game. I don't mind skipping some quests but can't really skip talking to Pharod..

Any suggestions?

#5 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:23 AM

Uninstall my mod and try talking again to these NPC's.

#6 -Harada-

-Harada-

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:33 AM

Uninstalled the mod, talked to Pharod, installed the mod again and off we go!

Thanks!!