Restart FFT on an old save

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfenbaum

Wolfenbaum
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:13 AM

Hi!

First of all, thank you for keeping this game alive by creating new content; great work indeed.

I started a new game with the MOD installed. I got the letter, found Elminister in Trademeet and went to the new area on the map. After that I visited the new are in Athkatla. Somewhere around here my quest log got messed up. I think the wrong entries went into the book of some reason.

Being quite new at using mods a decided to reinstall FFT and start it all over on the same game. Now, the mod will not start when I go to the city gates area. (This was probably a stupid idea, but being new to this I did not realise that)

So, my question is: is it possible to restart FFT on my current save or will I have to start a new game?

#2 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:43 AM

You may not need to start a new game *if* you have a savegame from before you meet Lief Torman i.e. from before FFT starts. If the only savegames you have include parts of FFT then yes, I'm afraid you will have to start a new game.

The savegame you are trying to use has flags in it that are tracking the course of the mod and, as you have found it, it isn't possible to go back.

-Y-

#3 Wolfenbaum

Wolfenbaum
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:01 AM

Thanks for the quick answer.

All right, I suspected something like that. Will go through your mod on my next run.

There is no possibility to reach the new areas now, since they have vanished from my worldmap after the reinstall right? If I could reach them it might be possible to just continue the quests? Are there any area codes like with the Bioware areas (using console commands)? Just curious.

#4 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:49 AM

Although CLUAConsole will take to to the areas, the quest flags would not be correct and so the mod would not continue.

-Y-