• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 -JR-

-JR-

Machete-Wielding Historian

• Modder
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

and make fun of me but i think that BG1 area graphics are better then BG2 ones.

Like.... Beregorst. My favorite town. Which actualy felt like a town. couldnt find anything like that in Bg2. And the Baldurs Gate city? the amount of details just rapes my mind!

Definitely.

"Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." - C.S. Lewis

#62 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

Let Baldur's Gate rest peacefully. For good and ill, Bioware is making Dragon Age, a series they've explicitly stated is intended to be spiritual successor to the Baldur' Gate saga. Whether or not those games are worthy heirs to Baldur's Gate is up to you, but there most likely, and hopefully, will never be an attempt at a Baldur's Gate 3.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#63 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:25 AM

I am serious! Both Dark Alliances were fun to play and weren't an eyesore, unlike regular BG.

Seriously... wtf? How dare you to compare complete trash like dark alliance with BG series??? Even the fact it was named "BG: DA" boils my blood. Please, go play DA2 and leave BG series alone.

#64 The Cow King

The Cow King
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:25 PM

Unless it's made by some ballsy new studio under a relatively unknown publisher, no thanks.

If it's made by BioWare under EA, well... this happens.

#65 Irbis

Irbis

Drone Locker

• 186 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

Unless it's made by some ballsy new studio under a relatively unknown publisher, no thanks.

If it's made by BioWare under EA, well... this happens.

epic link :D

ico_0000_FB_png.pngico_0005_TW_png.pngico_0006_YT_png.pngico_0002_IDB_png.png

#66 -Me-

-Me-

Posted 20 November 2014 - 02:48 AM

How about this. Please be gentle, I am writing on sudden inspiration.

The 3rd installment assumes you ascended to god hood and in the beginning you get some kind of dialog option to choose what kind of God you were which will effect some later game content.

You wake up in a forest, dirty, torn garbs on your body and.... wounds? You feel the realization like an electrical shock in your body. Blood pumping, heart beating and flashing pains om where you've been hurt. You can't remember the last time you felt any of this. It was so long ago you were mortal that the experience you have now is overwhelming.

You take some time to adjust and then stand up. Strangely you regognize your surroundings. Even though it is overgrown with moss, shrubberries (bring me a shrubbery!) and trees you can se a familiar foundation of what once was a large compound (candlekeep my friends, yes indeed).

The storyline would go something like this. You have been god for a loooong time and in the human world a lot has changed. For some reason (clumsy/greedy God, human rebellion etc.) the gods have been forced to walk the earth again, just as what happened to your biological father. It's now up to you and all your accumulated experience and knowledge in the matter to make sense of the situation and decide what you want the outcome for the world to be. A long the way you might take some companions to learn more about this new world and maybe also some people who have met the same fate as your can tag along.... Gods, now mortals. The world is in chaos, and if you thought wild surges were bad, it is nothing compared to the ride your in for.

It follows the same storyline, has the same PC but could be entirely different. Hundreds or even thousands of years have passed and the world look nothing like it used to. Those gnomish inventions you saw in SoA was just a hint of what was to come. Maybe even evolution has tweaked something? Everything is different. No Npcs from the past! None.

You will also not be some insignificant wanderer like in the previous installments. You are an ex God whose choices have changed the world. You are not just a person, your an historical current personified. Possibly you have some cult following or properly organized church to your honor.

Now please don't trhow reality first thing, straight in my face. Maybe you could play along a bit first if you like it?

#67 -Me-

-Me-

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:12 AM

Is this what is called thread necromancy...?

#68 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:27 AM

No BG3.

RIP BG.

Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#69 Heartwarder

Heartwarder
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:55 PM

Have you guys read the recent released the Legends of Baldur's Gate comic?

It's continuing the story of Minsc and Boo.

And perhaps other companions too later.

Edited by Heartwarder, 30 November 2014 - 07:56 PM.